Forza Horizon 3 Time Trials: Season 1 Complete
  • Beat Hoober but can't catch-up to Djornson. :(
    I am a FREE. I am not MAN. A NUMBER.
  • With more practice, I'm sure I can get closer but it's not worth it now.
  • All that beautiful exotic machinery available at S1, and we are reduced to a poxy Scooby.  This is why I don't like open classes for TTs, highlights how borked this game is when it comes to upgrades.  I think my favourite TT so far was the Lotus, fixed car, getting the best out of an unpopular machine, no global leaderboard to trouble us.
    GT: WEBBIN5 - A life in formats: Sinclair ZX81>Amstrad CPC 6128>Amiga 500>Sega Megadrive>PC>PlayStation 2>Xbox>DS Lite>Xbox 360>Xbox One>Xbox One X>Xbox Series X>Oculus Quest 2
  • Yeah, I liked that. Had to use my own brain and upgrade to what I thought would work (no fine tuning though). If only I had tried no aids back then, probably would've done better.
  • Love scoobies but yes it's a shame certain types of cars apparent dominance results in lack of variety.
  • OK xslicknasty tune is slightly better than mine good find Eric
  • Yep totally, maybe just pick a sweet car each week when you take the helm Webbins, it would certainly mean that we get the most out of our garage.
    Live, PSN & WiiU: Yippeekiyey
  • Yep, it allowed me to beat Goober. Almost beat you a few times, but you seem to take that last bend better than me. You using it and improved now?
  • Oh err, what have I done! Djornson back on it!
  • Split Djorn and Elf in a McLaren 650S to take the moral high ground, now going to dirty myself in the Scooby.
    GT: WEBBIN5 - A life in formats: Sinclair ZX81>Amstrad CPC 6128>Amiga 500>Sega Megadrive>PC>PlayStation 2>Xbox>DS Lite>Xbox 360>Xbox One>Xbox One X>Xbox Series X>Oculus Quest 2
  • Damn it I just beat eric but he set a quicker time in the meantime
  • OK chaps I've called this one now.

I'll post results and final standings tomorrow.

Goodnight and thank you all for taking part!
  • Phew that was right tight Djornson!
  • Think thats my favourite track.
  • Left it too late, like a quarter to 12 too late to do anything meaningful in that Scooby.  Still managed to beat my McLaren time unfortunately, which is going to spoil the look of the leaderboard.
  • Yeah great track. Hmm manual with clutch eh? Maybe I should try that
  • Webbins I got the screenshot with your Mclaren so you can still look classy if you want (I got your Scooby one too)

Djornson, if you can do manual gears you can do it with the clutch. Just make sure you assign clutch as A and up shift as B and down as X. All you do is use you thumb to either press both at the same time or slide your thumb over both (clutch first).

It didnt work well in Horizon 2 but they've sorted it for 3
  • It's ok, use the latest one.  It was a decent car to drive actually, just lacking pace rather than handling to trouble the Scoobs.
  • Week 10 Results:

nhEQ8Ga.png

1. Yippeekiyey 25
    2. Djornson     18
    3. Webbins      15
    4. Hylian Elf     12
    5. Goober        10
    6. I_R               8
    7. Boolitt          6

Final Standings

1. Eric 216                 (1,1,1,2,3,3,1,1,2,1)
    2. Webbins 183          (3,3,2,3,1,1,2,4,1,3)
    3. hylian_elf 143        (4,4,3,1,4,5,3,3,3,4)

4. Gooberthehat 118  (7,2,-,4,2,2,4,5,5,5)
    5. Djornson 100         (9,-,5,5,6,4,5,2,4,2)

6. bigiain 44              (8,8,-,6,7,8,8,9,8,6)
    7. Birdorf 42              (2,10,-,-,5,-6,8,-,-)

8. The_Daddy 35       (10,9,6,-,-,6,7,7,-,-)
    9. Boolitt 34              (-,-,7,8,-,-,9,6,6,-)
    10. acemuzzy 32       (6,6,4,9,9,-,-,-,-,-)
    11. Hodge360 16
    12. Boozy 10

13. Frantic 7
    14. afgavinstan 6
    =. Chaz 6

16. Moto70 2
    17. Kow 1
    18. Unlikely 1
    19. Hawbaws 1
  • And that's it chaps! Thanks to all who took part, I for one love a good time trial and am now happy to hand the baton on to Webbins or Elf for season 2 whenever that kicks off!
  • I think Webbins has a better understanding of good cars and tracks so my vote goes to him.
  • Aye, I can pick up season 2.

It was good healthy competitive fun that, cheers to Eric for organising. Looking forward to S2, depending on entries we might be able to blend in a bit of Blizzard.
  • I had a look at Blizzard but couldn't work out whether there was a Rivals section. I may have missed it to be fair as I have only scraped the surface!
  • GooberTheHat
    Show networks
    Twitter
    GooberTheHat
    Xbox
    GooberTheHat
    Steam
    GooberTheHat

Send message
    Cheers for all the hard work Eric. Hopefully I'll improve next round as I'm not too bad a tuning, so if we're picking and obscure car that might give me a slight advantage. I'll be happy to make my tune available though.
  • acemuzzy
    Show networks
    PSN
    Acemuzzy
    Steam
    Acemuzzy (aka murray200)
    Wii
    3DS - 4613-7291-1486

Send message
    Nice one Eric - pretty happy with my Top 10 finish all things considered :-)
  • Not a problem chaps. I enjoyed it but agree random car shenanigans will mix it up especially as I'm gash at tuning!

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!