Show networks
    Twitter
    @RetroGam3r
    PSN
    JIM-N-A
    Steam
    RetroGam3r

Send message
    Ah is this where you get good loot depending on your level? Meaning its best to do it quite late on really?
    Checkout my site: www.gertlushgaming.co.uk  Friend Code: 1392-5016-6947. Town: Brizzle Name:Jim
  • Yup, the loot is always at your current level, and very rare.

I tended to use one every five levels or so (I finished my first playthrough on level 37), ensuring I always had some top notch equipment. I saved a couple for the final section.

Some people saved theirs until they'd reached the level cap, but that's been raised to 61 so you won't hit it 'till late in your second, or even third playthrough.
  • RetroGam3r
    Show networks
    Twitter
    @RetroGam3r
    PSN
    JIM-N-A
    Steam
    RetroGam3r

Send message
    hmm maybe il use one when I hit level 15 as I seem alright gun wise atm. Im thinking a better gun for some of the dlc msy help. I have a few keys and im sure more will come before I finish it.
    Checkout my site: www.gertlushgaming.co.uk  Friend Code: 1392-5016-6947. Town: Brizzle Name:Jim
  • Yeah, that's what I'd do, though bear in mind you may get shields or grenades so might be tempted to blow another key. Whatever you get will no doubt be great.
  • Moto70
    Show networks
    Twitter
    @jsm147
    Xbox
    Moto 70
    PSN
    MotoSeventy
    Steam
    [kia]_permian
    Wii
    Moto70

Send message
    b0r1s wrote:
    Just bought this in the Xbox Live sale - brilliant game, really enjoying it and love the sense of humour, I'll now stay out of this thread until I've got a good way into the game!
    It is a brilliant game, easily one of the highlights of last year.
  • So it dawned on me last night as I was playing Tina's DLC that I hadn't finished Hammerlock's! I was getting slaughtered so went back to the main game to level up and forgot to go back and finish it.

Anyhoo, wrapped it up late last night and can report it's totally awesome! Not quite up there with Scarlett but better than Torgue, the level / area design and new enemy types were a joy.

The final boss was an utter bastard though. He killed me three times at a total resurrection cost of almost a million moneys, but the loot, oh my the loot...
  • Also, Tina's DLC just gets awesomer and awesomer. I'm playing with a constant grin and if it was a stand alone game it'd be in my GOTY list without doubt.
  • Woodimari
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Woodimari
    PSN
    Woodimari
    Steam
    Woodimari

Send message
    Holy crap, I've been adding shift codes each time a new one comes out and I've just jumped into the game and I have 72 Golden Keys!
  • How many?  Loot bonanza!  

I just Googled 'Shift Codes' and found >this<, a shitload of archived codes for keys and a few other goodies for 360, PS3, and PC/MAC.  Most of them seem to be active, I've just redeemed the first six lines of codes myself and got nine Golden Keys and a Relic, only two of the codes had expired.

Edit:  Tried 'em all, well over half still worked and two of those codes were for five keys each.  Got more now than I've ever had.
  • Woodimari
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Woodimari
    PSN
    Woodimari
    Steam
    Woodimari

Send message
    This is the place I use. They update very quickly when a new key comes out.
  • Ooh, great stuff thanks!  I'll try some just now.
  • @Woodimari:  They worked a treat, ta muchly.  I picked up 57 Golden Keys as well as a scaled rocket launcher, relic, and shield tonight.  Took a bloody age inputting the codes on my 360 pad though.
  • Woodimari
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Woodimari
    PSN
    Woodimari
    Steam
    Woodimari

Send message
    You are very welcome mate! Fortunately I don't have that problem as I'm on PC, not sure I'd have the patience to do all that on the 360 so hats off to ya!
  • I've just remembered that I have Smart Glass, and the one thing that stood out about it for me was the ability to use my phone as a keyboard.

I am fail :(.
  • RetroGam3r
    Show networks
    Twitter
    @RetroGam3r
    PSN
    JIM-N-A
    Steam
    RetroGam3r

Send message
    Im gonna have to check out that site! So im guessing I cant redeem the codes on a website? Spose I can cut and paste on the game?
  • As far as I know you have to redeem them in-game.

It might be quicker just typing them in as you have to input the codes in groups of five characters at a time. Or at least you do on consoles, I assume it's the same for PC.
  • RetroGam3r
    Show networks
    Twitter
    @RetroGam3r
    PSN
    JIM-N-A
    Steam
    RetroGam3r

Send message
    I did that for the first lot, Thankfully you can copy and paste em! Only a few codes worked for me so I gotta keep my eye on that page me thinks!
  • RetroGam3r
    Show networks
    Twitter
    @RetroGam3r
    PSN
    JIM-N-A
    Steam
    RetroGam3r

Send message
    after a bit of .ini editing I think I now have it running sweet on my laptop
  • isanbard
    Show networks
    Twitter
    Hiplo
    Xbox
    isanbard
    PSN
    DAQster
    Steam
    Isanbard
    Wii
    3DS 0361-6861-4525

Send message
    So the DLC is cheapy cheap on Xbox this week as I understand. Is there any ones you guys would recommend above the others or is it a decent punt on any but all. Apologies if 
    old news...

I've yet to get round once iirc so must be about a lvl 30 odd? Had a Mech running last I think? 

Could well get involved and dump some of these keys with the magic of a Smartglass assistance.
    GT: isanbard PSN: DAQster DS-FC: 0361-6861-4525 AC: Bumdirt
  • I have 52 golden keys now, I don't know where they all came from.  The Xbox DLC is pretty much all good compared to last time, tbh.  The new Tiny Tina one I haven't tried yet but it's apparently very big, and I've barely scratched the surface of Hammerlock's Big Game Hunt.  Torgue's one is excellent; if you have a look on Eurogamer they've reviewed them all.

Scarlett got a 9, Torgue a 9, Hammerlock an 8, and Tina a 7, although I think that last one due to a bit of Blands fatigue.
  • RetroGam3r
    Show networks
    Twitter
    @RetroGam3r
    PSN
    JIM-N-A
    Steam
    RetroGam3r

Send message
    Heres a list of the 360 codes, As said some may be expired (taken from Woodi's link)

5BCJB-WBZS5-XZRTF-CF3BJ-B6BB6
    5JWTJ-JCSSC-6S6TX-5RBTJ-9RZBJ
    WTWBB-ZJ9Z5-69XJ6-KRTBB-ZHBBH
    WTWBJ-HKZ5H-XHFTF-WX3JJ-6HRS6
    5BC3B-KXFZK-BK5C3-HJW3J-T3KBB
    W3KTJ-FZ9CS-XS6BR-K6JJ3-XCFXT
    WBKJT-SSZ5S-6S6B6-5FTTB-X5KSC
    CJ5B3-ST36Z-FHRJ6-5RBTJ-CTZJW
    WBWJ3-JHKSK-ZHXT6-CRTJT-BW59W
    W35BB-SC5S5-3JSBF-C63JT-TFHKC
    K3KJT-6HRT5-BHRTT-3BBTJ-RBWJ9
    KTWBB-XBRT9-WWZ3R-WXTT3-S3SX9
    KBWTB-T6XSC-JJHBF-WXBJJ-WRWKF
    KTW3T-ZXXS5-JBSJF-5FJT3-6TB9X
    KTWT3-ZBRZ5-3BSBR-WFTT3-SSS39
    KTW33-FTZWH-K5H3F-5XB3T-BZKWH
    5JWBB-3KKWC-TS63J-J3TJT-9XTJ6
    WTCJJ-CFRHC-3T9BR-5FJBJ-SJJKX
    WT53B-55FSC-TT9BR-WR3TT-HH3CB
    WTWTJ-3C6SK-3TSTX-KFJ3J-RZ5KZ
    WJWJJ-JBFKJ-HRHT6-CFTJT-R3CJR
    W3W3B-6R5JT-SF93X-56BBT-6XFSB
    KTWJB-ZFW3J-HRSBX-5XTJT-395XH
  • isanbard wrote:
    So the DLC is cheapy cheap on Xbox this week as I understand. Is there any ones you guys would recommend above the others or is it a decent punt on any but all?
    Elmlea wrote:
    The Xbox DLC is pretty much all good compared to last time, tbh.  The new Tiny Tina one I haven't tried yet but it's apparently very big, and I've barely scratched the surface of Hammerlock's Big Game Hunt.  Torgue's one is excellent; if you have a look on Eurogamer they've reviewed them all. Scarlett got a 9, Torgue a 9, Hammerlock an 8, and Tina a 7, although I think that last one due to a bit of Blands fatigue.

I agree with Elm, the DLC this time out is wall to wall decent.  Captain Scarlett's has been my favourite so far without doubt, though Torgue and Hammerlock's were great fun.  

I'm still early on in Tiny Tina's, but it's the most instantly engaging of the lot, the whole premise is genius and so far it's been perfectly played.  I hope it was Blands fatigue that led to that score, 'cus it'd be downright incompetence to mess up such a promising opening.  

Seriously, how can you watch this vid and think it could be anything other than totally awesome! 

• isanbard
    Show networks
    Twitter
    Hiplo
    Xbox
    isanbard
    PSN
    DAQster
    Steam
    Isanbard
    Wii
    3DS 0361-6861-4525

Send message
    see now I've been Friday drinking and you drop the 'everything is the shit' line.. *sigh* This place is expensive every now and again. ;)
    GT: isanbard PSN: DAQster DS-FC: 0361-6861-4525 AC: Bumdirt
  • The new characters are great as well :).  Just had a look and Tina's DLC isn't reduced, but it's only just been released.  The only thing I haven't tried is the Creature Slaughterdome, and I'm not really bothered by another arena.  It is only 200 points though...
  • b0r1s
    Show networks
    Xbox
    b0r1s
    PSN
    ib0r1s
    Steam
    ib0r1s

Send message
    It is a great game and the dlc looks great, most reviews are positive for nearly all the dlc, but its still early days for me, so gonna crack on and then buy the lot probably.
  • Yeah, there's more than enough content in the main game to keep anyone busy for a hell of a long time.  

The sheer amount and variety of quality DLC has been perfectly executed in regards to keeping long time players invested.  They really have nailed it, other devs need to take note.
  • Is that Creature Slaughterdome thing included on the Season Pass?
  • Don't think so, but it's supposed to be the worst bit of DLC.  Just an EXP and loot farm.
  • I've just bought BL2!
  • b0r1s
    Show networks
    Xbox
    b0r1s
    PSN
    ib0r1s
    Steam
    ib0r1s

Send message
    @stormy

A bit of advice please?

I've got 1600 ms points and I'm looking at getting a bunch of dlc. 

Out of these dlc which would you recommend?

Vault hunter - 200 msp
    Psycho bandit - 400 msp
    Hammerlock - 400 msp
    Pirates bay - 400 msp
    Campaign of carnage - 400 msp

I also like the look of Tiny Tina, but as its not discounted I may as well get some of these first.

Any thoughts?

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!