Forza Horizon
  • Mod74 wrote:
    It's not ghastly, just whatever soul it might have isn't very apparent in the demo.

It is ghastly, thank you very much.
  • This is a suprise , didn't think the demo was that great 

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2012-10-12-forza-horizon-review
    Wii U Themagickman - PSN - Themagickman   Xboxlive - Themagickman
  • Show networks
    Twitter
    theubermod
    Xbox
    Mod74
    Steam
    Mod74
    Wii
    Not Wii - 3DS: 0146-8922-2426

Send message
  • I'm still not sure what I'd prefer, this or NFS.  Still playing Hot Pursuit 2 so feel that Wanted 2 might feel a bit samey.
    XBOX: Kurt Russel
    PS3: Air_Hair_Lair
  • Achievements have titles like 'OMG' and '#WINNING'.

OTher that that..it sounds really good.
    The Forum Herald™
  • Moto70
    Show networks
    Twitter
    @jsm147
    Xbox
    Moto 70
    PSN
    MotoSeventy
    Steam
    [kia]_permian
    Wii
    Moto70

Send message
    Kernowgaz wrote:
    This is a suprise , didn't think the demo was that great.
    EuroGamer review
    I think that not having had to pay for the game yourself must be worth +1 on the score.
  • I never really liked Forza but I enjoyed the demo of this last night. It does feel a lot more NFS or Burnout than Forza. I really liked the friends challenges, and was just seconds away from Paul the Sparky on one of them. It was late and I'd had a few drinks, so that is my excuse and I'm sticking to it.
    PSN: LtPidgeon - Live: Lt Pidgeon

• Surely that goes for every review ever.

I'm willing to give it the benefit of the doubt.

Driving around in TDU has always been fun. I'm pretty sure that if they've nailed the Forza experience then it's got to be ok.
    The Forum Herald™
  • Think this seems like a purchase for me, open world racing is awesome and the idea of screaming around the Colorado mountains feels bloody brilliant in the demo. 
    But it all depends on my friends list, if everyone from here goes for NFS rather than this then I will be a good little sheep and follow suit.
    I love racing games but prefer to play them with friends!
    Not everything is The Best or Shit. Theres many levels between that, lets just enjoy stuff.
  • Moto70
    Show networks
    Twitter
    @jsm147
    Xbox
    Moto 70
    PSN
    MotoSeventy
    Steam
    [kia]_permian
    Wii
    Moto70

Send message
    Bob wrote:
    Moto70 wrote:
    I think that not having had to pay for the game yourself must be worth +1 on the score.
    Surely that goes for every review ever. I'm willing to give it the benefit of the doubt. Driving around in TDU has always been fun. I'm pretty sure that if they've nailed the Forza experience then it's got to be ok.
    Yeah it would, something I have always thought and I wasn't just singling out Forza Horizons. Reviewing something that costs you nothing must be different to reviewing something that you have paid from your own hardearned for?
  • Well.. I think Ace magazine used to leave aside the cost of things because only you can decide what an experience is worth.
    The Forum Herald™
  • So both Eurogamer and Giantbomb, the last bastions of videogame critics have given this game extremely good scores.

I'm in.

I've no idea why the rest of you are so fucking cynical about a game being created by studios we like and from a series we like.
  • google wrote:
    So both Eurogamer and Giantbomb, the last bastions of videogame critics

Waht.
  • By happy coincidence I'm trying the demo again now.  It has Forza car feel but really ghastly presentation.
  • FranticPea
    Show networks
    Xbox
    FranticPea
    PSN
    FranticPea
    Steam
    FranticPea

Send message
    I'll pick it up eventually but a new Critereon NFS excites me more. 

I didn't mind the fact it totally rips Dirt off, the festival thing can fuck right off though. Cringeworthy.
  • Yip, the festival thing has been done, it was facepalm with Dirt 2 and it's facepalm with this. TDU with Forza handling is a great prospect, but you just cannot ignore Most Wanted, and its shadow looms large on the horizon.

I've done it again with the horizon pun, haven't I?
    GT: WEBBIN5 - A life in formats: Sinclair ZX81>Amstrad CPC 6128>Amiga 500>Sega Megadrive>PC>PlayStation 2>Xbox>DS Lite>Xbox 360>Xbox One>Xbox One X>Xbox Series X>Oculus Quest 2
  • What was the issue with the festival thing with Dirt 2?

I enjoyed it. I enjoyed the soundtrack, I enjoyed the X Games vibe, I enjoyed that Christian (the commentator) used to work for that Sky Digital surf channel I watched as a teenager.

It didn't impact the game-play in anyway and if anything, was a positive experience.

Maybe you guys just aren't the demographic for this?
  • FranticPea
    Show networks
    Xbox
    FranticPea
    PSN
    FranticPea
    Steam
    FranticPea

Send message
    I love Dirt. I'll probably really enjoy this. It's just a case of Most Wanted coming out so close.
  • It's unfortunate, but I felt that the demo needed to blow me away to pick this over Most Wanted and it hasn't done that. They maybe picked a bad week to get the glowing reviews as well.
  • google wrote:
    What was the issue with the festival thing with Dirt 2? I enjoyed it. I enjoyed the soundtrack, I enjoyed the X Games vibe, I enjoyed that Christian (the commentator) used to work for that Sky Digital surf channel I watched as a teenager. It didn't impact the game-play in anyway and if anything, was a positive experience. Maybe you guys just aren't the demographic for this?

Fucking durrr.
  • Moto70
    Show networks
    Twitter
    @jsm147
    Xbox
    Moto 70
    PSN
    MotoSeventy
    Steam
    [kia]_permian
    Wii
    Moto70

Send message
    Exactly.

So the demographic Codies were aiming for with their Rally game was the surf crowd? That explains a lot.
  • Moto70 wrote:
    Exactly. So the demographic Codies were aiming for with their Rally game was the surf crowd? That explains a lot.

No. The demographic they were aiming for was the younger crowd in the US who had never heard of Colin McRae but enjoyed the X Games.

Durrrrrr.

EDIT: Fucking Durrrrr
  • Moto70
    Show networks
    Twitter
    @jsm147
    Xbox
    Moto 70
    PSN
    MotoSeventy
    Steam
    [kia]_permian
    Wii
    Moto70

Send message
    So the demographic they were aiming for was different to the demographic that built the brand, Codies changed the game to reflect this, the original demographic dislikes the changes, the new demographic are too thick to see how this matters as the game now matches their need.

You do realise that the X-Games and Rallying are different things don't you?

Yep I can see how 'fucking durrr' fits.
  • google wrote:
    What was the issue with the festival thing with Dirt 2? I enjoyed it.

The problems where thrice fold..

I don't enjoy having DC shoes and Ken Block shoved in my face.

I don't enjoy being referred to as a dude or anything that tries to make me feel like some kind of retarded surf/skate dude.

It's less functional than a proper menu.
    The Forum Herald™
  • Forza x PGR x Burnout = Win

Festival shite takes all the good work and turns it into something incredibly unpleasant to play.

Might give it a go sub £20.
  • Show networks
    Twitter
    theubermod
    Xbox
    Mod74
    Steam
    Mod74
    Wii
    Not Wii - 3DS: 0146-8922-2426

Send message
    I wonder if the Chemical Brothers remix over the start was a very subtle nod to Gran Turismo. Probably not.
  • google wrote:
    make me feel like some kind of retarded surf/skate dude.

Not quite sure why you're being a dick but I'll stop commenting on this issue now. It's obvious we're all on completely different sides of this thing and will continue to go around in circles.
  • Moto70
    Show networks
    Twitter
    @jsm147
    Xbox
    Moto 70
    PSN
    MotoSeventy
    Steam
    [kia]_permian
    Wii
    Moto70

Send message
    A bit harsh.

Bob was talking about why he didn't like the game not being a dick from what I gathered?
  • If that's true, then I apologies. I felt like he was having a pop at me for enjoying the skate/surf vibe.
  • There was none of that evident in his post. 

It's still fucking horrible.  Remove music, voice thing, appallingly offensive white chick dancing for disinterested black guy and also make the environments less REALLY BORING and then WOO game.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!