Xbox
    Raiziel
    PSN
    NicheCode
    Wii
    Raiziel

Send message
    b0r1s wrote:
    I'm not getting the hate myself. Yes it didn't need a sequel and neither did Alien, but can't say I was sad when Cameron dropped Aliens on us.

I was happy with how they left it in the first game. The ending was perfect, and let you imagine anything you wanted from there. Now they are explaining it. It's like the end of Life on Mars being ruined by it being explained in Ashes to Ashes.

It'll be easy for you to just ignore the second game, but for those of us, like me, who loved Joel and Ellie's story and want more this is great news.

I'll go one better than b0r1s. Imagine a world where
    Coppola made The Godfather and went 'Yup, happy with that. Moving on." I don't want to live in a world where there's no The Godfather Part II.
    Get schwifty.
  • Lets just not have Last of Us Part 3 then..
    The Forum Herald™
  • EvilRedEye
    Show networks
    Twitter
    adrianongaming
    Xbox
    EvilRedEye8
    PSN
    EvilRedEye8
    Steam
    EvilRedEye8

Send message
    I was vaguely expecting a sequel to The Last of Us to be the story of a new cast of survivors in the UK, cos the original had newsletters on the wall about the spread of the fungi or whatever over here and I thought it might be, like, hints or something.
    "ERE's like Mr. Muscle, he loves the things he hates"
  • First of all I really dont get the hate for the first one. Its just stunning. I've only played the remaster & dlc on ps4. It looked and sounded amazing and the gameplay was pretty damn great as well. I'd rank it waaaaaaaaaaaaaaay up above the Uncharteds.
    TLOU is in my top 3 games ever! Sooo good. I thought it ended perfectly so I'm slightly concerned about them revisiting the same characters again. At least one will die this time I'd wager.
    But I trust Naughty Dog to do it right. After finishing the first one I hoovered up any development vids etc on youtube(there is an excellent hour and a half making of doc).
    Im not totally surprised. I saw Neil Druckman tweeted a few weeks ago about wanting to revisit the world again so I thought there might be something coming but totally surprised at the return of Ellie & Joel.
    I just want to know, when can they take my moneez????
    http://horganphoto.com My STILL under construction website
    PSN : superflyninja
  • The Godfather is a book, so the story was out there anyway.
  • acemuzzy
    Show networks
    PSN
    Acemuzzy
    Steam
    Acemuzzy (aka murray200)
    Wii
    3DS - 4613-7291-1486

Send message
    Gameplay was meh imo. That's a bigger worry for me than a good story, though I did like the ambiguous ending as was.

In fact may replay 1 on ps4...
  • Yeah gameplay was average at best. The gunplay was okay, but the visceral violence followed by periods of quiet reflection were what made it great. Stealth was poorly done. Especially when you realise you can just crouch walk past every clicker in the game, even on survivor mode.

The atmosphere in some of the areas has yet to be bettered. The whole section in Bills Town was amazing.
  • I wasn't too keen on the way it played, but I assumed that was because I went for a gung-ho approach (stealth can get tae).
  • I hope stealth is a viable option in this one. No reason for me to have to kill everyone to move on from a section.
  • Considering how good it was in UC4 I'd of thought there was every reason to be hopeful for the stealth.
    The Forum Herald™
  • The story and setting pulled me through the game. I usually hate survival style games but I found this brilliant,the gameplay really entwined with the story. So many high points from that game though. Bill's town, the mall, the hotel all just brilliant. It was the little touches though throughout that really cemented the world.
    One that really stands out was the :
    Spoiler:
    http://horganphoto.com My STILL under construction website
    PSN : superflyninja
  • I'm not a lover of stealth in games per se. All too often it dissolves into waiting about for long periods and not really doing very much with your hands. If it's done right it can be okay for a spell, but I'd much rather be pulling triggers and laying waste.
  • Multiplayer was surprisingly brilliant so im hoping they don't change the formula for that (much).

Met some great mates that im still pals with and go to egx with etc.
    Played with a load here in ps3 days,(escape, ere, etc).

Might even go back to it for a while.
  • The hotel. Fuck me that was tense. First time I played that section I wasn't sure I could actually carry on lol.

Also, the giraffes. Lovely touch.
  • The remastered on PS4 worth a punt?

Played the original for a bit on PS3 but got tired of the popcorn-headed baddies.
  • Just crouch walk past them. I think there's only one instance in the game where you actually have to kill a clicker to progress...
  • Lord_Griff wrote:
    The remastered on PS4 worth a punt?

Played the original for a bit on PS3 but got tired of the popcorn-headed baddies.

Still among the best games ever, dlc is great and included in the remaster and multiplayer is funking amazing.
  • I wish the real ending for the first game
    Spoiler:

Seconded. Ending Actual was a damp squib after this.

Pleased with this news based on the multiplayer alone. One of the only games I was ever able to play with other badgers and we had a blast, so will be happy to revisit.
  • I hope stealth is a viable option in this one. No reason for me to have to kill everyone to move on from a section.
    The tone and content of the teaser suggests you'll be disappointed.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!