Sport Club Greek Mega Thread
  • I don't recall saying anything about it being a recent phenomenon.
  • Dark Soldier
    Show networks
    Xbox
    DorkSirjur
    PSN
    DorkSirjur
    Steam
    darkjunglist84

Send message
    I'm probably more venting towards people I know there, apologies. Its a syndrome I have, going off on tangents to one person's post.
  • Baby Faced Assassin's professional foul is the best thing in sport and history.
  • Sterling should have crumpled over.
  • Pep is so bitter all the time. I almost feel sorry for him. His ego is taking a battering this season.
  • Theory:

When Raineri won the title with Leicester it wasn't because in himself he was a manager that could take Leicester city to a title but because he added to what Nigel Pearson had cultivated at Leicester. The combination of the two is important. (Also Leicester got probably the most important player in their history and possibly the premier league's best ever midfielder. If you want to dispute you can but he's the common denominator in two previous year mid table premier league teams being top of the table)

It's interesting that the two teams pep has managed were ex van gaal teams. Perhaps pep would have been better placed at united?
  • Wouldn't necessarily say he's been overly egotistical before. Plus his bitterness is from daily idiotic questions from gutter journos looking for the Pep is A Fraud narrative that just is not true. Just my tuppence. It's just weird how he's seen/treated.
  • I don't mean he's egotistical, just that his ego is taking a battering. You can see it in his eyes. I think he's struggling to cope with not doing as well as he both expects and is used to. 
  • Has font changed size? Weird.
  • Theory: When Raineri won the title with Leicester it wasn't because in himself he was a manager that could take Leicester city to a title but because he added to what Nigel Pearson had cultivated at Leicester. The combination of the two is important. (Also Leicester got probably the most important player in their history and possibly the premier league's best ever midfielder.

He's not been the best Premiership midfielder, rather the best midfield facilitator. He does the work that allows the people around him to flourish. Mahrez & Drinky last season, Hazard, Matic and Pedro this season (amongst others).
  • We scored a goal? Wtf?
  • We scored a goal? Wtf?

Two now. We really are wank at the moment.
  • Stopharage wrote:
    We scored a goal? Wtf?

Two now. We really are wank at the moment.

Sorry dude, you lot must be in trouble if you're making us look good. :(
  • Leicester made a mistake in not buying a good central defender.
  • We're just desperately predictable and one dimensional. I think Drinkwater will submit a transfer request in the Summer. Mahrez is playing like he's leaving and that defence is really showing it's age.
  • All smiles in the Man U dressing room.

nofwKyI.jpg
  • Stopharage wrote:
    We're just desperately predictable and one dimensional. I think Drinkwater will submit a transfer request in the Summer. Mahrez is playing like he's leaving and that defence is really showing it's age.

I think the other think is that vardy is really a 1 dimensional player. It worked great foand 3/4 of a season when everyone thought we were shit. Pressed us and got robbed by Kante with nine men in our half. This year: sit deep on vardy and...you win.
  • Matt_82 wrote:
    All smiles in the Man U dressing room.

nofwKyI.jpg

Trump and Obama?

Wii U Themagickman - PSN - Themagickman   Xboxlive - Themagickman
  • GooberTheHat
    Show networks
    Twitter
    GooberTheHat
    Xbox
    GooberTheHat
    Steam
    GooberTheHat

Send message
    It's not an honour you potato headed fuck.
  • Vieira surely the PL best and most important midfielder BTW.
  • WorKid wrote:
    Vieira surely the PL best and most important midfielder BTW.

• No doubt he is a great midfielder. But can you imagine him getting Leicester(stoke or anyone of a similar level) to a title?
  • Kante for Leicester is similar to Suarez for Liverpool that level of class above everyone else and elevates that team way above what they have any business of acheiving. Suarez is so good he made Sturrige look like a world class striker.
  • Obviously there's a bit of bias but come on...Leicester as fucking champions!
  • Seems like Virgil is not badly injured, but still a doubt for Liverpool. Shit. I want that final...
  • Dark Soldier
    Show networks
    Xbox
    DorkSirjur
    PSN
    DorkSirjur
    Steam
    darkjunglist84

Send message
    Kante the best midfielder the premier league has seen? Mate.

He's just Makelele mk.2, a good player who breaks up play.
  • Theory:

When Raineri won the title with Leicester it wasn't because in himself he was a manager that could take Leicester city to a title but because he added to what Nigel Pearson had cultivated at Leicester. The combination of the two is important. (Also Leicester got probably the most important player in their history and possibly the premier league's best ever midfielder. If you want to dispute you can but he's the common denominator in two previous year mid table premier league teams being top of the table)

It's interesting that the two teams pep has managed were ex van gaal teams. Perhaps pep would have been better placed at united?

Its a valid theory, there are numerous examples of managers taking over clubs, improving for a season then going downhill. Martinez added an expensive game to Everton post moyes. A season later the defensive side of Evertons game crumbled. Is that cause they didn't practise defensive drills, team shape etc as much as they did when moyes was in charge?

Pep is just overrated, on motd he looks like a mouse caught in the headlights. Also its not entirely his fault. That team has needed new fullbacks for two seasons. Unfortunately for pep unlike German and Spain where Bayern, Madrid, Barcelona can cherry pick the best talent in the league. That's not possible in the premiership at the moment. Glad he wasn't man utd manager.
  • Arsenal game has gone nuts.
  • Sean Dyche, not a very happy man.
    Can-of-sprite
  • Yeah Koscielny was offside before the pen was given but the ref failed to give blatant pen when Mustafi was brought down in first half , he probably didn't mind that though

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!