Sport Club Greek Mega Thread
  • We have Valencia and Young. One plays right back, the other doesn't play.
  • I'm not accusing anyone here when I say this but Man U fans have to take some blame for the lack of signings in key areas the past few years.

Being the richest club in the world comes with having a lot of noisy plastic fans. The type of fans who aren't interested in a signing unless they are breaking record fees.

All clubs spend silly money these days but it is generally fairly even across the team.
    Signing Pogba then expecting him to fit in a team with Valencia at right back, signing Di Maria and forcing him to play out of position to fit in a potato headed idiot also out of position. It is just bizarre.
  • Pogba is a player we wished we hadn't let go, and basically ever since he left have been wishing we still had him. It's not really that odd a signing. Valencia is actually a pretty good right back. He wasn't supposed to be first choice there though, we signed Darmian for that, but he didn't manage to stay in the team.
  • Dark Soldier
    Show networks
    Xbox
    DorkSirjur
    PSN
    DorkSirjur
    Steam
    darkjunglist84

Send message
    I quite like Valencia at RB tbh. Solid, fast, strong, works hard and is always an option.
  • That is kind of what I meant about Pogba though. That wasn't a strategic use of the money, too much emotion attached.
    Not that I am saying he is a bad player but the impression from the outside looking in is that it was all about signing him and the rest be damned.

If you look at the current top 4 none of those clubs have such a disparity in quality in their starting 11.

Edit: yeah, to be fair Valencia gamble has worked out OK. However if you look at Spurs, Arsenal, Chelsea defences they aren't a ragtag group getting by, they are solid units with influence all over the pitch.
  • So at what point would you have signed another rightback then?
  • When I realised Valencia was the best, current option. He is doing well but he isn't a right back that Man U are going to win the league with.
  • Dark Soldier
    Show networks
    Xbox
    DorkSirjur
    PSN
    DorkSirjur
    Steam
    darkjunglist84

Send message
    Its alreet we'll chuck another £200mil at it in the summer.

My avatar = Griezmann.
  • Where are you gonna play him? In goal?
  • Dark Soldier
    Show networks
    Xbox
    DorkSirjur
    PSN
    DorkSirjur
    Steam
    darkjunglist84

Send message
    Who needs a defence mate, football is constantly evolving.
  • Ahhh the Rooney-9-0 formation.
  • I see Josie has had a little strop in his post match interview as well. Fucking clown.
  • Dark Soldier
    Show networks
    Xbox
    DorkSirjur
    PSN
    DorkSirjur
    Steam
    darkjunglist84

Send message
    Aye I wish he'd fucking cheer up a bit sometimes.
  • When I realised Valencia was the best, current option. He is doing well but he isn't a right back that Man U are going to win the league with.

So what, sign a right back every season until one immediately fits in?
  • I'm not accusing anyone here when I say this but Man U fans have to take some blame for the lack of signings in key areas the past few years.

Being the richest club in the world comes with having a lot of noisy plastic fans. The type of fans who aren't interested in a signing unless they are breaking record fees.

All clubs spend silly money these days but it is generally fairly even across the team.
    Signing Pogba then expecting him to fit in a team with Valencia at right back, signing Di Maria and forcing him to play out of position to fit in a potato headed idiot also out of position. It is just bizarre.

changing managers three times since fergie is why we are in this situation. plus english footballs reluctance to use general managers as they do on the continent whos main job is identifying and getting the players the manager/club wants for its short/medium/long term vision. examples juventus, real madrid, dortmund, sevilla. doesnt matter who the manger is the club/GM ensure the squad is evolving according to club philosophy.

valencia is a very good rb. selling di maria was a mistake, he was majestic under mourinho at madrid and in our current team would have been a major asset.

there will be another 4/5 faces in this summer, with griezmann among them. squad evolution takes time, mourinho will get there.
  • Valencia just as good a RB as he is on the wing for me, if not more consistent in his new role - fast, committed and the strongest paahnd fer paahnd player in the squad.  Anyone ever seen him get muscled off the ball in a shoulder to shoulder? (apart from once last night!  It never usually happens.)  He's pretty high up the list of players I'd be worried to lose through injury.  Part of the problem last night was that he was was clearly under manners a bit more than usual.
  • I am LOVING this Huddersfield performance. Can't believe Brighton are top.
    iosGameCentre:T3hDaddy;
    XBL: MistaTeaTime
  • Lawro predictions are good this week, or at least the guest is.
    Osi Umenyiora, if you don't know the name you might recognise him from the BBC's NFL show, or indeed his actual career. A likable bloke and is actually informed and opinionated on Prem Football unlike most guests on the predictions.
    http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/38802571
  • ... likable bloke and is actually informed and opinionated on Prem Football.. .
    http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/38802571
    So unlike Lawro as well then.
  • Dark Soldier
    Show networks
    Xbox
    DorkSirjur
    PSN
    DorkSirjur
    Steam
    darkjunglist84

Send message
    Oh look David Beckham is not a wonderful geezer. (Sun link and all, but taken from many European sources):

https://www.thesun.co.uk/news/2780648/david-beckham-emails-unicef-charity-knighthood/
    DAVID Beckham’s multi-million pound image was shattered last night after damning emails revealed he used charity work as part of a desperate campaign to win a knighthood.

In a series of bombshell leaks, the football legend branded the honours committee “unappreciative c****” and dismissed lower awards, ranting: “Unless it’s a knighthood f*** off.”

David Beckham met with babies and mothers who survived Typhoon Haiyan UNICEF
    David Beckham. who met with babies and mothers who survived Typhoon Haiyan, wrote that he would have been awarded a knighthood ’10 years ago’ if he was American
    As reported by a number of European media outlets, including L’Equipe, the furious star also:

Initially refused to use his own money to fund his charity and turned down millions of pounds in work to raise money for UNICEF
    Demanded UNICEF pay for a £6685 business class flight despite his sponsors splashing out on a private jet
    Set up a sham segment on the Jonathan Ross chat show to raise the prospect of a knighthood
    Backed the “stay” campaign in the Scottish independence referendum to win favour with “the establishment”
    Moaned that his involvement in the Ingenious tax avoidance scheme was hampering his chances
    Raged when singer Katherine Jenkins was handed an OBE
    Wants to add to his fortune by being one of the first civilians to go into space
    The former England captain turned philanthropist and businessman raged at the failure of officials to make him Sir David and admitted his charitable efforts were a conscious effort to win an honour.

One of his closest advisers even said his work with UNICEF and other good causes had “a halo effect” for the 41-year-old star.

The cache of leaked messages between Beckham, who currently holds an OBE, and his closest aides could see his reputation shattered as it reveals the concerted efforts to win favour from the honours committee and the public.

Messages also suggest he forcefully backed the 'stay' campaign in the 2014 Scottish referendum in a bid to appeal to “the establishment” and raise his chances of being rewarded with a gong.

After missing out on a knighthood in 2013, the footballer - who has an estimated networth of £280million - wrote a furious email to his long-time PR man Simon Oliveira, raging that classical star Katherine Jenkins had been handed an OBE writing: “Katherine Jenkins OBE for what? Singing at the rugby and going to see the troops plus taking coke. F****** joke.”

Jenkins has previously admitted to taking drugs in her past, including cocaine and ecstasy, and confessed “curiosity got the better of me”.

And railing at the honours committee, the organisation who recommend worthy recipients for titles, Beckham also blasted: “They’re a bunch of c**** I expected nothing less,” he wrote of the Honours Committee in late December 2013. “Who decides on the honors?

"It’s a disgrace to be honest and if I was American I would of got something like this ten years ago."

In response, Oliveira wrote to Beckham’s agent and best friend David Gardner: “This gives us even more reason to work this year on Unicef, the armed forces, and other charitable commitments.”

He also advised Becks to “remain positive” in public, and avoid the temptation to direct jibes or critical comments at the committee in public adding: “We need to remain dignified if asked, but if you want me to work up something cutting I will work up one, but my advice is it’s not productive.”

Considering he was simply a good footballer, and not this Godlike idol many portray him to be, its not surprising. He's always been a braindead wanker, was during his United days.
  • I dunno, he's still doing charity work, is his help worth less if it's not selfless?
  • Yup, doesn't bother me if he's jockeying for the status oscar, he's a non-entity anyway.

Edit: Or 'no', but yes - agree.
  • Why does he care so much about getting a knighthood? 

The whole 'saintly Becks' image he's been cultivating has never really convinced me much anyway. I prefer this desperate, insecure, grasping, respect-hungry version. Not as dull as he usually is.

The Beckham who's likely to call Sue Barker a shovel faced cunt for not giving him a bonus point on Question of Sport is more entertaining than the insincere 'male Princess Di' version who'd lecture Sue on the irrigation problems in South Sudan.

I feel vindicated, I've been saying Beckham is a twat for years. (Admittedly, I say that about anyone vaguely associated with Manchester United.)
  • 0DB0DB0F00000514-0-image-a-10_1447457965975.jpg

"Delighted to meet you Mr Beckham..."

"You cheeky cunt, where's my fucking knighthood?! I spent four months in a fucking Somalian mud hut, shitting into a hole in the ground and wiping my arse on the grass and I come back and find the honours comittee have shat on me yet again! OBE?!?! I'll wipe my fucking arse with an OBE!! Sort it out Ma'am, I'm getting fucking sick of you blue blooded cunts overlooking me time and again. Listen you slag, get it done, or you can tell Wills and Harry to stick it right up their arses..."
  • 2FA99A4A00000578-3377286-image-a-40_1451387670999.jpg

To: [email protected]
    Subject: Fucking knighthood again....

Dear Dave, here's a picture of me with a gang of Black twats. The public'll lap it up. Africa's still a shithole but if it plays well with the honours commitee, right? Get it in the Sun, the Mirror and all the other shitty rags. Cheers pal.

I can claim that football on expenses, yeah? Also, I accidently called a mother of twelve with AIDS a fat arsed bastard, try to keep that out of the press if you can. I was just pissed off, sorry mate, this cow was giving me a load of earache about poverty and what not ... I just wanted to tell her I'm only in it for the knighthood but restrained myself somewhat.

Later, Becks.
  • If beckham deserves a knighthood then every fucker on comic relief should be a sir or dame.
  • Didn't Fergie only get his knighthood because of his connections to Alistair Campbell? It's all a load of gash anyway.
  • Becks should get a knighthood because people used to say I looked like him.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!