Sport Club Greek Mega Thread
  • My take on it is that Zlatan committed numerous offences, including most definitely the attempted stamp in Live's vid above.  Six of one half a dozen of the other doesn't work because Zlatan so many bites at the cherry (cherries, lool).  Mings landed the full doozy with the stamp though (a shocker), but aside from the whopper he actually won the running battle within the boundaries of the laws too, so Zlatan must be screwing.  I had Mings on points on my scorecard, including the non-fouls.  There was one on the edge of the box early in the second half where he went through the ball and rattled Zlats, was perfectly timed.  Both stamps were on purpose and obviously the elbow was too.  I expect Rooney will get a run of games now.  I think they'll both get a 3 match ban, minimum.
  • That head stamp wasn't intentional. He barely looks at Zlatan, which seems to be the reason it happened. It's still bloody horrific and if an opponents head is on the floor you don't get to try and jump over their prone body while not looking. Throw the book at him.
  • Mings is not an ugly player doe
  • Bollocks was that an accident. He looks at him long enough to know exactly where his head is, and puts his foot right there. The way he compensates for it in his stride tells you it's deliberate.

I'm no Zlatan fan (except maybe in FIFA) and I'm not going to make out that he's an innocent party, but suggesting that Ming's action there is accidental is at best naïve.
  • Putting those two dots on the i in naive makes you seem like a try hard wanker, four page automatic thread suspension imo
  • Dark Soldier
    Show networks
    Xbox
    DorkSirjur
    PSN
    DorkSirjur
    Steam
    darkjunglist84

Send message
    Plucky little Bournemouth in all our hearts they'd do nothing wrong guv honest proper working man's club that owned by a dodgy Russian billionaire and everything. £5 a ticket kids get in free, players are angels. Best young English manager since Clough.

15mil on Ibe, proper English talent.
  • His heads following the ball, Rooney gets in the way of his right leg which stops him from taking a proper stride and puts him a bit off balance and then he looks at Zlatan to jump over him. When he's coming down he's already looking back at the ball. If he was trying to deliberately stamp on Zlatans head mid-flight, he'd be looking at his feet at that point surely. Just seems dangerously careless to me, but whatever. It's impossible to tell for sure either way and he should get properly fucked by the FA whichever way its interpreted.
  • Dark Soldier
    Show networks
    Xbox
    DorkSirjur
    PSN
    DorkSirjur
    Steam
    darkjunglist84

Send message
    Surely if it was an accident you'd apologise considering how dangerous it is, and not laugh at Ibra in the corner build up after? Deliberate, Zlatan acted the cunt, there we go.
  • What I would add is that even if Mings wasn't trying to stamp on Ibra, he would have known he'd caught him, so not stopping and saying 'soz mate, y'aareet?' is bad form anyway.
    "Like i said, context is missing."
    http://ssgg.uk
  • monkey wrote:
    If he was trying to deliberately stamp on Zlatans head mid-flight, he'd be looking at his feet at that point surely.

Not when he's trying to make it look accidental. It's an incredibly simplistic view to say that you have to be looking directly at something at the time to know where it is.  He's a professional footballer, he can kick a ball without looking directly at it, he can certainly stand on someone's head.
  • Dark Soldier
    Show networks
    Xbox
    DorkSirjur
    PSN
    DorkSirjur
    Steam
    darkjunglist84

Send message
    Start, Zlatan goes for a stamp on Mings, misses, Mings gets up, clocks where Zlatan and his bonce is and brings his foot down on it:

Twat fer twat, one connected. "But he nudged into Rooney!" - then perhaps don't take the direct jump over someone's skull when you're obstructed.

Cocko would be going red in the face if it'd been a United player stamping on say Arter's skull.
  • Dark Soldier
    Show networks
    Xbox
    DorkSirjur
    PSN
    DorkSirjur
    Steam
    darkjunglist84

Send message
    Basically disgusting from both and if you'd been on the street you'd be in the cells for such snidey shite.
  • Shit, now I've seen the video that is pretty disgusting
  • Twat for twat is about right in this case imho. Like I said before, if one can be explained away as deliberate/accidental then so can the other.
    Zlatan went on to carry on being a twat after and should have been sent off for that.
    Both have now been charged btw.

What is certain about the match is that performances by the ref and both sides were fucking poor. A totally unorganized and at times dangerous mess of a half of football. The only player who impressed me was Boruc.
  • Video refs. Why the fuck can't we have video refs?
  • WorKid wrote:
    Video refs. Why the fuck can't we have video refs?
    FIFA/UEFA aren't ready to split the game between the rich and the poor that much yet.
  • Twat fer twat, one connected. "But he nudged into Rooney!" - then perhaps don't take the direct jump over someone's skull when you're obstructed.

Well, yeah. It's just what I think happened, not an excuse for doing it. If he meant it, he shouldn't get to play professional football again because that was potentially fatal.
  • cockbeard
    Show networks
    Facebook
    ben.usaf
    Twitter
    @cockbeard
    PSN
    c_ckbeard
    Steam
    cockbeard

Send message
    I_R wrote:
    WorKid wrote:
    FIFA/UEFA aren't ready to split the game between the rich and the poor that much yet.

Supposedly happening for World Cup 18

And yes I think Pogba knew what he was doing when he need with his shoulder into Arter

Whilst Mings could easily be described as reckless, Ibra both before and after was premeditated and potentially nasty

What rankles now is the FA stating before their disciplinary board look at the incident that Mings will face worse punishment than big nose, smacks of the same big club-itus that Friend was guilty of when he lost the match
    "I spent years thinking Yorke was legit Downs-ish disabled and could only achieve lucidity through song" - Mr B
  • Video refs are going to be trialled in next year's FA Cup from the 3rd round onwards.

you're welcome

g.man
    Come with g if you want to live...
  • cockbeard
    Show networks
    Facebook
    ben.usaf
    Twitter
    @cockbeard
    PSN
    c_ckbeard
    Steam
    cockbeard

Send message
    I thought he'd be too busy on the new love yacht
    "I spent years thinking Yorke was legit Downs-ish disabled and could only achieve lucidity through song" - Mr B
  • cockbeard wrote:
    I_R wrote:
    WorKid wrote:
    Supposedly happening for World Cup 18 And yes I think Pogba knew what he was doing when he need with his shoulder into Arter Whilst Mings could easily be described as reckless, Ibra both before and after was premeditated and potentially nasty What rankles now is the FA stating before their disciplinary board look at the incident that Mings will face worse punishment than big nose, smacks of the same big club-itus that Friend was guilty of when he lost the match

Bollocks to reckless, that was fully intended.

Basically both him and Zlatan committed GBH, and should both get fucked for it. You'd be going fucking spare if that had happened to one of your players.
  • Wenger is denying any rift between him and Sanchez.
    Surely has to be bollocks.

Why would you bench your best player when playing away at Liverpool? (who leapfrogged Arsenal with the win).
    MotD 2 showed stats that showed Sanchez has been involved in near enough as many goals (as a percentage) for Arsenal as Kane has for Spurs (both around 48%), I would be livid if Kane was left out playing away against Liverpool.

Arsenal are now sitting outside the top 4, (although with a game in hand over Liverpool and Spurs). I can see Man U overtaking them. Arsenal finishing outside the top 4 is a very real proposition, if Wenger loses Sanchez they will be lucky to finish 6th.
  • GooberTheHat
    Show networks
    Twitter
    GooberTheHat
    Xbox
    GooberTheHat
    Steam
    GooberTheHat

Send message
    What a wonderful thought.
  • cockbeard
    Show networks
    Facebook
    ben.usaf
    Twitter
    @cockbeard
    PSN
    c_ckbeard
    Steam
    cockbeard

Send message
    Bollocks to reckless, that was fully intended.

Basically both him and Zlatan committed GBH, and should both get fucked for it. You'd be going fucking spare if that had happened to one of your players.

Very difficult to claim intent, I'm pretty sure if he really wanted to land on him he could do it with his left foot instead and really cause some damage

I guess we'll ignore this a few minutes before, shouldn't have still been on the pitch to get trod on

• Nobody is saying anyone is blameless, cocko, but that's a paltry thing to compare to the head stamp.
  • Dark Soldier
    Show networks
    Xbox
    DorkSirjur
    PSN
    DorkSirjur
    Steam
    darkjunglist84

Send message
    The Bournemouth forum is a good laugh with regards to it. Big Club bias, they scream. They just wanna bring the small clubs down! Mings is innocent!

Poor little duckies.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!