Sport Club Greek Mega Thread
  • I just find the whole anyone could win anything with Barca comment old and tedious. Its spouted everywhere as if finishing 2nd with them is a complete and utter abject failure and doesn't take into account what the other top sides did in those years they didn't win. Its akin to the rainy Thursday night at Stoke bollocks.

Exactly.

It's a wet Wednesday in Stoke.
  • @Mistercrayon I agree with that.

Utd playing at 8pm tonight, hope the Chelsea game (being down to 10 men for 70mins) hasn't fucked us too much. We should have the quality to beat Rostovk.
  • I just find the whole anyone could win anything with Barca comment old and tedious. Its spouted everywhere as if finishing 2nd with them is a complete and utter abject failure and doesn't take into account what the other top sides did in those years they didn't win. Its akin to the rainy Thursday night at Stoke bollocks.

Exactly.

It's a wet Wednesday in Stoke.

Have you been to Stoke? It's wet there everyday.
  • BREAKING (from a few hours ago): Middlesbrough sack Karanka. Obviously inspired by Leicester mini revival.
  • That happened a few hours ago.
  • I adjusted my post
  • Shame. And it means MORE PEARSON.

I agree. That whole 'he's a shit manager and had it all handed to him on a plate' just demonstrates ignorance. Pretty much every clued-up Spanish football journalist credits him fully with what he achieved at Barca; Lowe and Hunter especially. As for Bayern, journos waxed lyrical about his tactical nous and wholesome measured change in strategies throughout games. Honegstein always talks up his abilities.

He's walked into a far more competitive league and has inherited a pricy but hugely unbalanced and ageing team. No full backs of note. Aging midfield with 2 average enforcers. A WC defender who is injury prone. Hart was a mistake.

@vere - the coefficients I was looking at were what they will be under the new system (from Sky).
  • but also he spent a few bob on stones and butter fingers.
  • Man City will finish 2nd in the league and win the FA cup
  • Man I finish 5th and lose in the Europa final
  • Misery face mourinho will be priceless
  • Dark Soldier
    Show networks
    Xbox
    DorkSirjur
    PSN
    DorkSirjur
    Steam
    darkjunglist84

Send message
    And Arsenal will finish above Spurs and the cycle continues.
  • but also he spent a few bob on stones and butter fingers.

Thing is, both signings made sense. Stones was courted by lots of clubs and was a young signing who could be helped by a fit Kompany. But he's too raw and doesn't have the confidence that comes from a solid keeper behind him.

As for Bravo, he was what a lot of modern football calls for. Quick feet, decent distribution and (usually) a quality shot stopper. My youngest is a goalkeeper and the current focus in goalkeeper training is on ball skills - the modern keeper needs to be skilled with the ball at their feet. Bravo is getting closed down more quickly and isn't used to the level of scrutiny on the field. Plus a jingoistic media would never let his mistakes lie; his confidence must be at rock bottom. Hart would obviously be better, despite the ball playing concerns.
  • The problem keepers of that type face is that when they make mistakes they look like a right tit. Lloris did it the other week.
    The advantage of course is you effectively have another defender so can press higher.
    It was a gamble to drop Hart, I like him as a keeper but the gamble had logic to it.
  • Mourinho quoted for premier league show, "I wouldn't have sold Di Maria, Wellbeck or Chicarito"
  • Dark Soldier
    Show networks
    Xbox
    DorkSirjur
    PSN
    DorkSirjur
    Steam
    darkjunglist84

Send message
    United didn't want to sell Di Maria, he wanted to leave, so I don't know what he's chatting.
  • I assume Hernandez wanted more game time and that is why he went out on loan at first?
    Still madness, his goal ratio was pretty damn good for a player who didn't start many games. (pretty much 1 in 3 for Man U).
    Di Maria would have done well under Jose as well, he would have played him in position so he might not have wanted to leave.
  • Man Utd don't look half bad when they don't play a back 6..

Craig Levein, tactical mastermind.
  • Dark Soldier
    Show networks
    Xbox
    DorkSirjur
    PSN
    DorkSirjur
    Steam
    darkjunglist84

Send message
    I assume Hernandez wanted more game time and that is why he went out on loan at first?
    Still madness, his goal ratio was pretty damn good for a player who didn't start many games. (pretty much 1 in 3 for Man U).
    Di Maria would have done well under Jose as well, he would have played him in position so he might not have wanted to leave.

He was never right after he and his missus got robbed and confronted in their bedroom by the burglars, it was around then he went to shit. Doubt Mourinho in that instance would've made.much difference, his mind was made up.
  • Good stuff against Rostov so far, but the familiar 'how close can we get to scoring without actually scoring' game appears to be in full flow.
  • @DS
    Fair enough, didn't know that happened. I can totally understand wanting to get the fuck out.
  • Dark Soldier
    Show networks
    Xbox
    DorkSirjur
    PSN
    DorkSirjur
    Steam
    darkjunglist84

Send message
    Aye was Feb after he joined. His form.had been declining prior but he put the home up for sale about six weeks later so he was a goner.
  • I assume Hernandez wanted more game time and that is why he went out on loan at first? Still madness, his goal ratio was pretty damn good for a player who didn't start many games. (pretty much 1 in 3 for Man U).

Van Gaal told him he had no chance of playing, so he left. Van Gaal decided he wanted no strikers because he doesn't like competition, so sold them all, and then we didn't score goals. Good job. The opposite of the Fergie appoach, which was to have 4 top strikers competing to be the best.
  • Blind is possibly bilnd here.
  • I assume Hernandez wanted more game time and that is why he went out on loan at first? Still madness, his goal ratio was pretty damn good for a player who didn't start many games. (pretty much 1 in 3 for Man U).
    Van Gaal told him he had no chance of playing, so he left. Van Gaal decided he wanted no strikers because he doesn't like competition, so sold them all, and then we didn't score goals. Good job. The opposite of the Fergie appoach, which was to have 4 top strikers competing to be the best.
    lol
  • Dark Soldier
    Show networks
    Xbox
    DorkSirjur
    PSN
    DorkSirjur
    Steam
    darkjunglist84

Send message
    You know it's a good idea when Rooney is your only striker, although without his stroke.of genius we'd not have unearthed Rashford.
  • It Juan Mata what Gonz says, we're gonna win the Europa League!
  • Hopefully we'll avoid lyon or schalke, the rest look very beatable. Pogbas "hamstring" injury might be the break he needs to take him out of the firing line.

Really hope zlatan stays for another season, if he goes im not sure where we'll find a 25 goal a season striker to lead the front line.
  • Blind is possibly bilnd here.

Had to chuckle when the camera panned around his back when they were looking in his eye.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!