Sport Club Greek Mega Thread
  • He released a statement and it sounds like he's retired.
  • Xavi has denied ever speaking with The Sun with regards to Tottenham midfielder Dele Alli.

Quotes emerged on Tuesday of the Barcelona legend discussing Alli’s future, and stating that Manchester City manager Pep Guardiola would be interested in signing him.

lol!
  • Think the length of the ban is a bit harsh considering less has been given out for "worse" offences. And he does make a point about the FA needing to do more to crack down on the " 'ave a bang on that" culture that is seemingly inescapable whenever you watch footy on the telly.

Still. Silly, silly boy. Again.
  • Dark Soldier
    Show networks
    Xbox
    DorkSirjur
    PSN
    DorkSirjur
    Steam
    darkjunglist84

Send message
    If it was anyone else I'd be agreeing but Barton can fuck off and die.
  • legaldinho wrote:
    I like Joey Barton

Me too.

Plus, DS has no right to be glad he got a ban for gambling. DS gambled earlier this week at a Travelodge. Hypocrisy.
  • Dark Soldier
    Show networks
    Xbox
    DorkSirjur
    PSN
    DorkSirjur
    Steam
    darkjunglist84

Send message
    The STD weekly is the only lottery I play
  • Seeing on Twitter that he was betting on his own team to lose while he was playing.  The ban's fair, I think.  Assuming that's true, of course.
  • Dark Soldier
    Show networks
    Xbox
    DorkSirjur
    PSN
    DorkSirjur
    Steam
    darkjunglist84

Send message
    Yeah that was part of his apology, apparently the rules were more lax back then so that makes it okay
  • cockbeard
    Show networks
    Facebook
    ben.usaf
    Twitter
    @cockbeard
    PSN
    c_ckbeard
    Steam
    cockbeard

Send message
    Barton, whilst he might be amusing to look at and point and laugh at the afflicted, can just bollocks off. Also his statement is full of holes and hypocrisy. He has never taken responsibility for his own actions, ran away from every challenge, and cheapened the very real issues fo depression and addiction by attempting to use them as mitigating circumsatnces on several different occasions

Little fucker should grow up, bloody man-child
    "I spent years thinking Yorke was legit Downs-ish disabled and could only achieve lucidity through song" - Mr B
  • Skimming through his own statement, he does say his bets against his team were in a reserve game so match fixing probably isn't an issue.  I'll wait to hear the official verdict though, as Barton is delusional so goes down as an unreliable source for me.
  • cockbeard
    Show networks
    Facebook
    ben.usaf
    Twitter
    @cockbeard
    PSN
    c_ckbeard
    Steam
    cockbeard

Send message
    Matcvh fixing is always an issue, reserve game or not, if the bookie is accepting bets on it then it shuold be free from interference, what about the other people who laid bets on that game, the spectators, it undermines sport at it's basest level, by removing the competitive nature of it
    "I spent years thinking Yorke was legit Downs-ish disabled and could only achieve lucidity through song" - Mr B
  • TheDJR wrote:
    Xavi has denied ever speaking with The Sun with regards to Tottenham midfielder Dele Alli.

Quotes emerged on Tuesday of the Barcelona legend discussing Alli’s future, and stating that Manchester City manager Pep Guardiola would be interested in signing him.

lol!

Guardiola is obviously deluded that this is Germany, and he's still managing Bayern, therefore they can buy whomever they please from their domestic rivals.
  • GooberTheHat
    Show networks
    Twitter
    GooberTheHat
    Xbox
    GooberTheHat
    Steam
    GooberTheHat

Send message
    Alli signed a 6 year contract in September. It's going to cost a shit load to buy that out.
  • Itd probably worth it for a 100m.

He's at least as good as signing a 30m player (who fucks up) for the next three years.
  • I just don't think we will sell. The only spurs first teamer who is really up for grabs is Toby. N1 priority for us is extending his contract. Lamela might go but I'm not sure he would be a first teamer if fit
  • I mean, as an FM manager you would go for two signings:

A striker who can also play in wide or as a 10, cover for Kane and someone who can rotate with eriksen, Alli and son behind.

A left footed defender to replace wimmer who hasn't featured.

A 40m job and a 15m job. Selling the dross can probably mean a zero net transfer spend again.

Release Moussa sissoko on a free
  • Even if Ali did leave say for £100m, why would you go to city? I'd understand the lure of Barca and Madrid

One for spurs fans, will Pochinetto have money to spend while new stadium is being built?
  • Yeah if alli is sold!

Or if all the cash from all the cheese snacks tunnel viewing area tickets has been received.
  • Will Spurs even win a game at Wembley?
  • Dinostar77 wrote:
    TheDJR wrote:
    Xavi has denied ever speaking with The Sun with regards to Tottenham midfielder Dele Alli.

lol!

Guardiola is obviously deluded that this is Germany, and he's still managing Bayern, therefore they can buy whomever they please from their domestic rivals.

You understand that Xavi is saying that conversation never happened, so not quite sure why you're accusing Guardiola of being deluded?
  • cockbeard wrote:
    Barton, whilst he might be amusing to look at and point and laugh at the afflicted, can just bollocks off. Also his statement is full of holes and hypocrisy. He has never taken responsibility for his own actions, ran away from every challenge, and cheapened the very real issues fo depression and addiction by attempting to use them as mitigating circumsatnces on several different occasions

Little fucker should grow up, bloody man-child

I've always felt he's come across as pretty self-deprecating and honest - but, he's also a mess. He's someone who keeps fucking up and it's hard to defend him (especially his tendency towards violence) but, at the same time, I feel disappointment because I want him to sort his life out.

I empathise with him and I'd argue that, whatever you think of him, that 18 months is insane. How many times could you Kung fu kick a spectator to get that ban? How many times could you bite an opponent? How many times could you racially abuse someone? How many times could you try to gouge someone's eye or deliberately leave your foot in for a potentially career-ending tackle? He undoubtedly should be punished, but a year and a half just goes to show how fucked up the FA's sense of reasoning is.
  • Dark Soldier
    Show networks
    Xbox
    DorkSirjur
    PSN
    DorkSirjur
    Steam
    darkjunglist84

Send message
    He stubbed a fucking cigar out on a youth player's eye.

Fuck. Him.
  • But but the bookies cinty. Won't you THINK OF THE BOOKIES.
  • He stubbed a fucking cigar out on a youth player's eye.

Fuck. Him.

Yup, the thing that I've felt most strongly against him and continue to do so was that incident. Indefensible. And so any punishment for that should be related to that - but this isn't that case and you know it.
  • Dark Soldier
    Show networks
    Xbox
    DorkSirjur
    PSN
    DorkSirjur
    Steam
    darkjunglist84

Send message
    I know it isn't but I'm not gonna look at it rationally. I give no fucks when it comes to the guy, yeah the FA picks and chooses it's bans based on rep but if i never saw or heard from the guy again I'd be delighted.
  • Stopharage wrote:
    Dinostar77 wrote:
    TheDJR wrote:
    Xavi has denied ever speaking with The Sun with regards to Tottenham midfielder Dele Alli. Quotes emerged on Tuesday of the Barcelona legend discussing Alli’s future, and stating that Manchester City manager Pep Guardiola would be interested in signing him. lol!
    You understand that Xavi is saying that conversation never happened, so not quite sure why you're accusing Guardiola of being deluded?

or it happened and was never meant to be revealed publicly?
  • I know it isn't but I'm not gonna look at it rationally. I give no fucks when it comes to the guy, yeah the FA picks and chooses it's bans based on rep but if i never saw or heard from the guy again I'd be delighted.

Aye, you've been honest about the way you see him.

I dunno. George Best was a women beater, a child beater, a thief, a drunk driver and, obviously, an alcoholic. Barton has none of his talent, but the way certain dumb shits are made into pariahs while others are idolised has never sat well with me. I see far more to like in Gazza and Barton than I do in Best.
  • Meh, all footballers are cunts except Maya Yoshida, but he should bear the eternal weight of Japanese war crimes so fuck him too.
  • cockbeard
    Show networks
    Facebook
    ben.usaf
    Twitter
    @cockbeard
    PSN
    c_ckbeard
    Steam
    cockbeard

Send message
    That's the thing, I love Gazza, yes he fucked up, but he loved the game, he loved fans, he wanted a laugh and found it in the wrong places

Barton pretends to be an intellectual and then uses stupidity as an excuse for his actions. He talks in his statement about taking responsibility for his actions, but I've never seen him do so. Then last year when he used depression as a get out of jail card, thereby making a mockery of that issue and all it's sufferers, fuck him

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!