Sport Club Greek Mega Thread
  • Palace had enough chances to score (admittedly most fell to Dann), from the MOTD highlights.

Can't blame the manager for the goal they conceded and the players' inability to score. Obviously this is football, so he will be blamed and probably sacked in a few days.
    360 - optimark prime PSN - optimark_prime twitter - @optimark_prime
  • He's had what, one game after the end of the window? Which it appears they were unlucky to lose.

I can't see what would be achieved by pulling the plug now.
  • Tim sherwood woul do well there.
  • I agree. New manager in a new country deserves time.

*not agreeing with Crayon ;)
  • The problem comes if nothing changes.
    Three of those four games could be viewed as 6 pointers at the end of the season.

The chairman, by the sounds of it, got sucked into chit chat by the manager that he was going to make a new Ajax. The truth is that team (the hardest part to shift) is set up for pullardyche ball centred around feeding benteke directly.

Tim Sherwood totally understood that and with a player who has proven to be a twenty goals a season guy (i.e. The most gold of dust in football) you do what will get you the best with that talent. Everything else is just stupid arrogance.

When wenger was winning leagues he sprung off grahams drilled defence and

when ranieri won with us he continued (for a long while) with what worked with the team (when he changed it it went wrong)

• I liked that Vardy penalty.
    He ran at it with so much intent he nearly reached the goal before the ball did.
    None of this skipping around bollocks.

The chairman, by the sounds of it, got sucked into chit chat by the manager that he was going to make a new Ajax. The truth is that team (the hardest part to shift) is set up for pullardyche ball centred around feeding benteke directly.

Tim Sherwood totally understood that and with a player who has proven to be a twenty goals a season guy (i.e. The most gold of dust in football) you do what will get you the best with that talent. Everything else is just stupid arrogance.

When wenger was winning leagues he sprung off grahams drilled defence and

when ranieri won with us he continued (for a long while) with what worked with the team (when he changed it it went wrong)

I wasn't disagreeing with you either, I was agreeing with Workid, it's just you typed quicker than me ;)

I thought Palace seemed a bit unlucky today, but @Olimite would be the best person to judge that.

• Olimite
    Show networks
    Twitter
    Olimite
    Xbox
    Olimite
    PSN
    Olimite Too
    Steam
    ceequeue

Send message
    We did deserve to win, that much is true. The manager has to stay IMO. The Chairman is the one that needs to Foxtrot Oscar.
  • In brighter news newcastle won, so our Newcastle fans should be placated for at least one weekend. Btw, I caught the game, renato sanchez looks a shadow of the player he was in Portugal. Both teams have a lack of real pace outwide.
  • Champions League now I reckon.
  • Paul the sparky
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Paul the sparky
    PSN
    Neon_Sparks
    Steam
    Paul_the_sparky

Send message
    Dinostar77 wrote:
    In brighter news newcastle won, so our Newcastle fans should be placated for at least one weekend. Btw, I caught the game, renato sanchez looks a shadow of the player he was in Portugal. Both teams have a lack of real pace outwide.

You do know that it was only one of our Newcastle fans who spoke out against Rafa, right? Read back through the thread.

The way you want to put all Newcastle fans in a box and tell them how they should feel and react is bizarre, you're either trolling or just plain thick, I cant decide but whatever it is you should still be embarrassed by your contributions in this thread. Cringewothy stuff.
  • de Boer sacked!
  • cockbeard
    Show networks
    Facebook
    ben.usaf
    Twitter
    @cockbeard
    PSN
    c_ckbeard
    Steam
    cockbeard

Send message
    So Dougie Freedman for a couple of weeks until they realise no-one wants the job
    "I spent years thinking Yorke was legit Downs-ish disabled and could only achieve lucidity through song" - Mr B
  • Utterly ridiculous. 4 games in and they're getting Hodgson.

Also, if they'd planned to do it why not give him another 4 games. Means new manager's first 4 games are Southampton, Man U, Man City, Chelsea. Doubt they'll pick up much momentum in those games.
  • On the other hand it gives them free hits to get things bedded.

• Forget de Boer.  Watch this.

NSFW language, btw.
  • I still believe Rafa can and should be legitimately criticised for our shambles of a transfer window.

de Boer going is ludicrous mind you.
  • Stopharage wrote:
    Utterly ridiculous. 4 games in and they're getting Hodgson. Also, if they'd planned to do it why not give him another 4 games. Means new manager's first 4 games are Southampton, Man U, Man City, Chelsea. Doubt they'll pick up much momentum in those games.

This suggests that they're abandoning the new style of play, so what was the point of going for him in the first place?
  • Dinostar77 wrote:
    In brighter news newcastle won, so our Newcastle fans should be placated for at least one weekend. Btw, I caught the game, renato sanchez looks a shadow of the player he was in Portugal. Both teams have a lack of real pace outwide.

You do know that it was only one of our Newcastle fans who spoke out against Rafa, right? Read back through the thread.

The way you want to put all Newcastle fans in a box and tell them how they should feel and react is bizarre, you're either trolling or just plain thick, I cant decide but whatever it is you should still be embarrassed by your contributions in this thread. Cringewothy stuff.

Paul, chill out dude, it's only some harmless banter. If it offends you, just ignore it.
  • Just seen Burnley v Palace highlights. Wasteful in front of goal, but unlucky not to come away with at least a point. Zaha is a big miss. I hope FdB gets time, but the next game will probably decide it for him (saints). After that palace are away to City, home to Utd and away to Chelsea. Jesus.
  • I give FdB at best say... minus about five hours.
  • Olimite
    Show networks
    Twitter
    Olimite
    Xbox
    Olimite
    PSN
    Olimite Too
    Steam
    ceequeue

Send message
    cockbeard wrote:
    So Dougie Freedman for a couple of weeks until they realise no-one wants the job

We could go for Howe but you'll probably be down with us at the end of the season so he might as well stay put :)
  • Dark Soldier
    Show networks
    Xbox
    DorkSirjur
    PSN
    DorkSirjur
    Steam
    darkjunglist84

Send message
    Looking forward to Hodgson, Oli?
  • Can anyone tell me what the FdB system actually was?
  • cockbeard
    Show networks
    Facebook
    ben.usaf
    Twitter
    @cockbeard
    PSN
    c_ckbeard
    Steam
    cockbeard

Send message
    Olimite wrote:
    cockbeard wrote:
    We could go for Howe but you'll probably be down with us at the end of the season so he might as well stay put :)

I'm not that worried yet, but I probably should be. Howe won't be going anywhere. Saw the Express had him as next to get the boot, ridiculous paper. But we need a rousing result against our (and your) pebble loving friends from Sussex under the lights on Friday. Knowing our luck it'll be 90% possession double figures on target then they score a setpiece in the 99th minute. But as long as the performance is there I'll be happy, as that's what we've been lacking
    "I spent years thinking Yorke was legit Downs-ish disabled and could only achieve lucidity through song" - Mr B
  • cockbeard
    Show networks
    Facebook
    ben.usaf
    Twitter
    @cockbeard
    PSN
    c_ckbeard
    Steam
    cockbeard

Send message
    Can anyone tell me what the FdB system actually was?

Never stay anywhere long enough to get out of your 13 week probation period

I think Inter and Palace have missed a trick there, could easily have saved themselves a few quid paying out that contract
  • Olimite
    Show networks
    Twitter
    Olimite
    Xbox
    Olimite
    PSN
    Olimite Too
    Steam
    ceequeue

Send message
    cockbeard wrote:
    Olimite wrote:
    cockbeard wrote:

I'm not that worried yet, but I probably should be. Howe won't be going anywhere. Saw the Express had him as next to get the boot, ridiculous paper. But we need a rousing result against our (and your) pebble loving friends from Sussex under the lights on Friday. Knowing our luck it'll be 90% possession double figures on target then they score a setpiece in the 99th minute. But as long as the performance is there I'll be happy, as that's what we've been lacking

That's the frustration. We actually played pretty well yesterday. Not managers fault the errors that happened and fact we couldn't stick ball in the net.

I was obv. kidding about Howe. He's already proven he's a one-club man.

As for Woy. No, not really but I guess he did pretty well at Fulham, so clinging to that really. Not exactly a long-term appointment though.
  • Damn, what was the point? Hodgson is an awful potential appointment. So after 4 games "expansive" football has been dropped? So what happens to Hodgson, if he loses against Saints, then gets no points against city, utd and chelsea?
    Feel for FdB, shit decision.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!