Sport Club Greek Mega Thread
  • LarryDavid wrote:
    Every single person in England except Glen Hoddle has had their optimism for the national team washed away by decades of miserable failure, and yet Glen still goes into every international tournament genuinely thinking we have a chance.

It's a mental condition caused by his sins in a former life.
  • LarryDavid wrote:
    That brass band vs Russia's hooligan armies is the match-up I'm most looking forward to at this coming World Cup. Those tuneless twats have deserved a good shoeing for years.

Made me lol (as usual)
  • Football's coming home (in an ambulance).
  • I'm so thrilled to be doing the England matches. :(
    Come with g if you want to live...
  • Stay safe G.

Get up high!
    Can-of-sprite
  • I'll take the penthouse please...
    Come with g if you want to live...
  • FranticPea
    Show networks
    Xbox
    FranticPea
    PSN
    FranticPea
    Steam
    FranticPea

Send message
    I'll have a nice bottle of vodka please, I'll pm my address.
  • Reports are surfacing (BBC, Football365 and Mirror) that Liverpool are very close to signing Fakir from Lyon for £53m

Deal could be finalised tomorrow.

I know before this season he was regarded as a mavrick player, talented but inconsistent. Heard he had an outstanding season at lyon this season. Coming in as Coutinho replacement is so big boots to fill. Those 3 midfield slots at Liverpool are getting crowded, fekir, fabinho and keita all competing for those slots.

Still think you guys need a top keeper, centre half partner for van djik and a striker alternative to firmino.

The bbc article says Liverpool considering signing shikiri from stoke for 12mil as well.
  • Olimite
    Show networks
    Twitter
    Olimite
    Xbox
    Olimite
    PSN
    Olimite Too
    Steam
    ceequeue

Send message
    Tips don't lie.
  • Dinostar77 wrote:
    Reports are surfacing (BBC, Football365 and Mirror) that Liverpool are very close to signing Fakir from Lyon for £53m

Deal could be finalised tomorrow.

I know before this season he was regarded as a mavrick player, talented but inconsistent. Heard he had an outstanding season at lyon this season. Coming in as Coutinho replacement is so big boots to fill. Those 3 midfield slots at Liverpool are getting crowded, fekir, fabinho and keita all competing for those slots.

Still think you guys need a top keeper, centre half partner for van djik and a striker alternative to firmino.

The bbc article says Liverpool considering signing shikiri from stoke for 12mil as well.

He is just a typical french Algerian / maghrébin street kid. Like Mahrez, Nasri, Benzema, Ben Arfa, Taarabt, Benarbia, Zidane.

They're all trouble, just a question of where on the spectrum he ends up.
  • Evans to Leicester done deal
    3.5mil
  • [/quote]

He is just a typical french Algerian / maghrébin street kid. Like Mahrez, Nasri, Benzema, Ben Arfa, Taarabt, Benarbia, Zidane.

They're all trouble, just a question of where on the spectrum he ends up.
    [/quote]

lolz
  • Justin Kluivert to Roma for £20mil and Juventus confirm Douglas Costa for £35mil.
  • Mattia Perin being signed today, seen as long term replacement for Gigi.
  • Shaqiri. I'm not sure about him, clearly talented and scores great goals but ... he looks fat to me. He's like a sausage squeezed into a football kit. He looks like Ram Man from He-Man.

There's 'low centre of gravity' and then there's 'chubby midget'. Still it would be nice to have more options and for £12m the price seems reasonable.
  • Ben Arfa was born and raised in France like.
  • Daily Telegraph: Arsenal agree deal to sign defender Sokratis Papastathopoulos for £16m from Borussia Dortmund.

Its obviously a clever marketing strategy to sign players with the longest names in football. Replica shirt sales with names on back will bring in tye bucks. lol.
  • WorKid wrote:
    Ben Arfa was born and raised in France like.

Hence the "French" before Algerian eh. But these kids.dont grow up french, they grow up in a big suburban estates surrounded by fellow maghrébin, blacks from Martinique or côte d'Ivoire, commorros, Sénégal, Portuguese kids etc.

Watch La Haine.
  • The French kids who grow up in those environs also become part of the mix and are just as much trouble, see eg Ribery, who actually converted to Islam and shit
  • Estate kids do end up being some very skillful and talented players albeit abit screwed up as gonz alluded to. Makes you wonder why we can't produce these type of mercurial football artisans.
  • Mercurial football artisans ya know, cha!
  • Kenny Dalglish has been awarded a knighthood.
    360 - optimark prime PSN - optimark_prime twitter - @optimark_prime
  • About time. Even just for the Hillsborough things he did. Man's a legend.

Great to see Miss Dynamite and Gary Wilmot get their gongs too. I've been rooting for those guys.
  • Fekir move to Liverpool in doubt, daily telegraph tweeted, concerns over his medical.
  • WorKid wrote:
    About time. Even just for the Hillsborough things he did. Man's a legend.

Great to see Miss Dynamite and Gary Wilmot get their gongs too. I've been rooting for those guys.

I recently watched the film ‘Kenny’, it was incredibly moving.
    360 - optimark prime PSN - optimark_prime twitter - @optimark_prime
  • The lack of a brain wasn’t enough for Moreno, Mignolet, Karius and Lovren to fail their medicals so unless Fekir has lost a leg in training I can’t see why he’d fail our less than vigorous medical vetting process.
  • I will always think of Phoenix Nights when it comes to Kenny.
  • I'm loving the predicted first XI for England. Literally 6 defenders and 4 forwards, no midfield.
  • Ignoring the football for a second and looking at the oval...South Africa vs England has been an insane game for the first half. England raced to a 3-24 lead but South Africa have pulled it back and go in at half time 29-27 up...
    Gamertag: aaroncupboard (like the room where you keep towels)
  • Took me two reads to work out you weren't talking cricket.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!