Sport Club Greek Mega Thread
  • Ah, Scottish Football. Never change.

We're not even out of pre-season and we've already a banter story for the ages. Another case of the "so embarrassing it's absolutely amazing" roller-coaster ride that is professional football in Scotland. Ladies and gentlemen, allow me to introduce you to Mr. Wilo Flood.

58d0fea4c515f-e1490105548461.jpg

Former Man City and Cardiff youngster. After a breakthrough at Dundee United, he went onto Celtic, Middlesbrough and then came back up with another spell at Dundee, then going to Aberdeen, then back to Dundee United for his third spell. Combative midfielder would be the best way to describe him, but with the picture I've used, you could also say "face like a well skelped arse". He's a divisive figure, let's say.

So, cast your mind back to the end of the previous season. Dundee United are in a promotion play-off against Livingston with the winners going up to the SPFL. Utd are about to lose the game, and he goes into full meltdown.

Worth a little chuckle, you'll agree.

So Dundee Utd stayed down (lol) and he got released cos he was a bit of a marquee player for them and their wage structure.

Until....

Frztjg6.jpg

Which drew a good few chuckles cos, c'mon, look at him. Looks well pleased. But anyway, moving on...

*RECORD SCRATCH*

Oy2az47.jpg

Oh..... Kaaaaayyyy.....

Hmmmm. I wonder whats going on.

Hey siri show me the biggest abomination ever to be uploaded onto twitter

https://twitter.com/BaliUtd/status/1015151753140944896?s=19

Fuck me, that was horrible. Bali United?? Rrrrrrrrriiiiiight.

Fast forward three days later to today.

FIN
  • Luis Enrique new Spain boss.

Arsenal have two players having medicals today. One is a prospect who looks like David Luiz love child other is the ururguay combative midfielder from the world cup
  • Also FUCKING LOLLLLL

8JNvC2b.jpg

This concludes my banter update. Back to regularly scheduled Man U transfer talk and Wimbers.
  • Din fuck off I'm trying to educate fools here! ;)
  • Din fuck off I'm trying to educate fools here! ;)

Lol
  • So I have this straight.
    This Flood guy who looks like Ian Holloway with Progeria has been  dropped, then signed and dropped again another two times?

You lot really need to qualify for a tournament to fill the summer up a bit.
  • He's Irish, innit.

Look, just be glad I didn't post the vid of Wagner from X Factor singing "Dundee United's staying DOOOOOWN-DOWWWWNN". They bastards stay in your head for days.
  • No, he was dropped, signed then walked out, signed then blocked by the league.
  • No, he was dropped, signed then walked out, signed then blocked by the league.
    Oh, that old chestnut.
  • PSG fans happy with Buffon signing. Handing him a flare. lol
  • Dark Soldier
    Show networks
    Xbox
    DorkSirjur
    PSN
    DorkSirjur
    Steam
    darkjunglist84

Send message
    Holy fuck the Bobby Robson documentary is incredible, had me welling up
  • Paul the sparky
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Paul the sparky
    PSN
    Neon_Sparks
    Steam
    Paul_the_sparky

Send message
    Well done, wasn't it?
  • Holy fuck the Bobby Robson documentary is incredible, had me welling up

Wanna try and find it online somewhere.
  • Dark Soldier
    Show networks
    Xbox
    DorkSirjur
    PSN
    DorkSirjur
    Steam
    darkjunglist84

Send message
    Well done, wasn't it?

Yeah I expected it to be a bit cheap and tacky but its really well put together. Gazza at the end hit me hard
  • Dark Soldier
    Show networks
    Xbox
    DorkSirjur
    PSN
    DorkSirjur
    Steam
    darkjunglist84

Send message
    Holy fuck the Bobby Robson documentary is incredible, had me welling up

ololo.to
  • regmcfly
    Show networks
    Twitter
    regmcfly
    Xbox
    regmcfly
    PSN
    regmcfly
    Steam
    martinhollis
    Wii
    something

Send message
    Gav posting The Willo Flood Story has me searching for the rights. Vladimir Putin to play him in the movie
  • Holy fuck the Bobby Robson documentary is incredible, had me welling up

ololo.to

Thanking yers.

Missus is now a full-blooded engerlund fan - been singing three lions and vindaloo constantly. Now trying to digest English footballing history, so I think she’ll love this. Between that, couch coop and other things I married the ultimate keeper. <3
  • Dark Soldier
    Show networks
    Xbox
    DorkSirjur
    PSN
    DorkSirjur
    Steam
    darkjunglist84

Send message
    Nice one man!

That site is a don for streaming all sorts btw. Searches every main stream site for links, One Night in Turin is on there too
  • Well worth downloading the Under the Cosh podcast. Journeymen strikers Chris Brown and Jon Parkin talk about what football is really like below the Premiership. They talk about footballers they can't stand (and name them), a sex tape one of them was involved in, which managers were shite, the realities of salaries, drinking and training, shenanigans they were involved in and so on. Every week they have another ex-pro along with them and the 2nd episode has Andy Griffin talking about his time at Newcastle, his relationship with Bobby Robson, chinning Lauren Robert, living in a bungalow being tee-total, how he ended up getting stitched up to do charity work in Mexico, how his career fizzled out etc. 

It's a really good listen and puts into context the reality of a football career for the vast majority of pros who never quite make it. Other guests they have had on include Billy Paynter, Dominic Matteo, Tony Warner, Chris Sedgwick and Liam Lawrence. It's just refreshing to hear a couple of footballers talking quite honestly about what life is like in the profession.
  • The ultimate keeper?

Didn't know big Peter was that way inclined, but congrats.
  • Right, so I was thinking back to when Southgate was appointed and how negative we all must have been, so I had a little scoot back to November 2016 to have a look-see. 
    Dinostar77 wrote:
    Hope England get a spanking. Bloody FA. shitty Southgate will get the job permanently whilst managers like harry redknap who would make England watchable again doesn't get a look in. He'd also pick barkley in the squad cause he isn't afraid to use flair players. "..can you pass the ball square and backwards? Yes? Your in son.." "...so you like to dribble, take players on, make risky penetrating passes? Sorry son your not england material..."
    Our whole tactics were fucked from the off. Great idea trying a press when yer CM's are Fletcher and Captain Lego fs. The only silver lining is the fact we've cemented Southgate, the man who looks like he still wets his bed on a regular basis. Well done getting three headers against the two slowest CB's on the planet. Enjoy getting papped out on pens, or from a diddy team. Cunts. (general good times and enduring love for all badgers returning tomorrow)
    LarryDavid wrote:
    Southgate talked meaningless, buzzword bollocks like an absolute pro in that post match interview. And the team snatched cruel mediocrity from the jaws of victory on the field too. Perfect for the job.
    LarryDavid wrote:
    With that totally mediocre and boring display Southgate's shown that he's the perfect man to take over as England manager.
    cockbeard wrote:
    Thank god for that. Give Southgate the job Stop looking at Eddie Also you should've played Ritchie from the off, Anya had nothing to offer tonight, how is pace going to work against Walker, he's also fast

I'm certain I slagged him off too, but couldn't find my effort. Why is the search facility so limited on here? Only gives you 2 pages of search results.
  • I didn't know we had a search facility, so this counts as a turn up for the books for me.
  • Some of that stuff is still true though.
  • Dark Soldier
    Show networks
    Xbox
    DorkSirjur
    PSN
    DorkSirjur
    Steam
    darkjunglist84

Send message
    Moot_Geeza wrote:
    I didn't know we had a search facility, so this counts as a turn up for the books for me.

Search via Google is the best thing but it misses some things

• Paul the sparky
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Paul the sparky
    PSN
    Neon_Sparks
    Steam
    Paul_the_sparky

Send message
    What page number is that stuff from Stoph? Should be good for a laugh.
  • A truckload of humble pie, please. I was rong.
  • Genuinely can't remember what my opinion was, I can't even remember him being appointed.
  • I was probably upset that he didn't look capable of drinking a pint of wine.
  • Heh. This is after the Scotland match Clive.
    LarryDavid wrote:
    It begins ... the talking up of Southgate as an actual, genuine quality manager rather than simply a bog-standard caretaker. 

I'm convinced Hoddle is banned from watching any football but England games, hence his over-the-top excitement at seeing them master the basics of the game everyone else witnesses on a weekly basis. It's like he's watching his first match in years - "he's passed it to a colleague Clive, breathtaking skill. I didn't think we were capable of this type of football, mark my words the rest of the World we be worried about us come 2018, Clive."
    cockbeard wrote:
    We will win the world cup

First on the hype train.
    Blocks100 wrote:
    Does this mean we are going to win the world cup now?
    Of course, we have a countdown clock remember?

Second on the hype train.

This is all I can find from you Stoph:
    Stopharage wrote:
    Southgate until the end of the season. Then Wenger. [/url]
    Stopharage wrote:
    I can't see Wenger doing it. He has embedded himself at Arsenal, he is golden. From that to the worst job in football? Nah.

He was their first choice when Allarydce was appointed. Southgate can babysit the team until the Summer. Then Wenger is out of contract at Arsenal. 

Give the guy at least £5m a year to get the most out of St George's Park and bring wholesale change to the different age squads. Tell him (and the fans) that the next 4 years are about a sea change in outlook, playing style and focus across the teams. 

Or get Steve Bruce.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!