Sport Club Greek Mega Thread
  • I'd really love it if the internet somehow managed to get hold of a photo of Woodward's face 5 minutes ago.
  • Dinostar77 wrote:
    I'm happy we aren't getting maguire or boetang or mina. We have six players who can play centre half and we'll pick up ailderwield next summer for £25mil. I'm pleased with the Utd board, didn't panic and overpay for a CB and didn't bow down to mourinho short term 29 yr old eye watering price wingers. Develop the players we have José.

It's down to five now at my count, but one of those is Jones, one of those is Rojo and one of those is Lindelof.  Shaky much?  Should've stumped up for Alderweireld, he was ready to walk into the first team.  Glad we didn't pay big for Maguire, didn't gamble on Mina and didn't reek of desperation by paying £50m+ for Boetang, but not nabbing Alderweireld in his prime (and sweet spot Mourinho age) is a fuck up imo.
  • Barca must be pissing themselves at getting £30m for Mina. He was utterly diabolical in the 2 games I saw him play for them last year.

• Well that was shit wasn't it.

Traditionally so.
  • Moot_Geeza wrote:
    Dinostar77 wrote:
    I'm happy we aren't getting maguire or boetang or mina. We have six players who can play centre half and we'll pick up ailderwield next summer for £25mil. I'm pleased with the Utd board, didn't panic and overpay for a CB and didn't bow down to mourinho short term 29 yr old eye watering price wingers. Develop the players we have José.

It's down to five now at my count, but one of those is Jones, one of those is Rojo and one of those is Lindelof.  Shaky much?  Should've stumped up for Alderweireld, he was ready to walk into the first team.  Glad we didn't pay big for Maguire, didn't gamble on Mina and didn't reek of desperation by paying £50m+ for Boetang, but not nabbing Alderweireld in his prime (and sweet spot Mourinho age) is a fuck up imo.

Can't blame utd for not overpaying for aiderwield who will be available for £25mil next summer and that's if spurs extend his contract. if they dont he's a free next summer.
  • GooberTheHat
    Show networks
    Twitter
    GooberTheHat
    Xbox
    GooberTheHat
    Steam
    GooberTheHat

Send message
    Dinostar77 wrote:
    Moot_Geeza wrote:
    Dinostar77 wrote:

Can't blame utd for not overpaying for aiderwield who will be available for £25mil next summer and that's if spurs extend his contract. if they dont he's a free next summer.

Levy doesn't make mistakes when it comes to players contracts and maximising their value normally. I don't know what it is but I predict he has a plan.
  • Barca's Andre Gomes to Everton
    Everton agree £28.5m Mina deal
    Ings on verge of Southampton loan
    Everton sign Bernard
    West Ham sign Carlos Sanchez
    Fulham land £30m Marseille man
    Chelsea confirm Kovacic loan
    Wolves land Dendoncker
  • Jones: shit.
    Rojo: shit.
    Lindeloff: shit
    Smalling: Potential Lovren
    Bailly: fucking awesome.
  • Dinostar77 wrote:

Why wouldn't they extend it?  In this instance I think playing it savvy with the cash was a mistake, and it'll have no bearing whatsoever on clubs holding Woodward/United over a barrel with transfer fees in the future.  Imagine how much Alderweireld would cost if he had two years left on his deal (£65-70m?), then imagine how much he would've cost this window, with one year left on his deal (£55m?).  It's the same player, so the end result is the same.  Sure, he'll be far cheaper next season, but as a huge club in need of a top CB - in a window where most of the clubs around them have strengthened - United should've bitten the bullet to nab an ideal signing that undeniably improves the first team, imo, bad precedent or not.
  • Dinostar77 wrote:
    Barca's Andre Gomes to Everton
    Everton agree £28.5m Mina deal
    Ings on verge of Southampton loan
    Everton sign Bernard
    West Ham sign Carlos Sanchez
    Fulham land £30m Marseille man
    Chelsea confirm Kovacic loan
    Wolves land Dendoncker

Who did the mighty Mags land?
  • Great business. £30m up and top 6 all but guaranteed. Ashley and Charnley do it again, the clever boys.

https://twitter.com/sportingintel/status/1027589950395564033?s=19

Interesting picture on that there tweet if anyone cleverer than me can work out how to link to it.
  • lol we cant get a centre half, but everton getting kurt zouma on loan from chelsea
  • Paul the sparky
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Paul the sparky
    PSN
    Neon_Sparks
    Steam
    Paul_the_sparky

Send message
    I like Ryan Mason.
  • Moot_Geeza wrote:
    Dinostar77 wrote:

Why wouldn't they extend it?  In this instance I think playing it savvy with the cash was a mistake, and it'll have no bearing whatsoever on clubs holding Woodward/United over a barrel with transfer fees in the future.  Imagine how much Alderweireld would cost if he had two years left on his deal (£65-70m?), then imagine how much he would've cost this window, with one year left on his deal (£55m?).  It's the same player, so the end result is the same.  Sure, he'll be far cheaper next season, but as a huge club in need of a top CB - in a window where most of the clubs around them have strengthened - United should've bitten the bullet to nab an ideal signing that undeniably improves the first team, imo, bad precedent or not.

Going by what was said in the papers, levy wanted VVD money i.e. £75mil for aiderwield who is into the last year of his contract. Again papers said we were willing to go to £50mil for him but levy refused to budge.

Having bought Lindelof and Bailly. You'd think Jose would have some faith in them as a partnership otherwise why buy them? Bailly i really like, Lindelof the jury is out on still.

I think 4th would be an acceptable target this year. As you said others around us (bar Spurs) have strengthen. As have most the league in general though.
  • Incredible 2nd half from Rangers tonight. Actually genuinely looked like a proper football side devoid of any banter moments and full of fit as fuck hardcunts. Not been like that for years.
  • Incredible 2nd half from Rangers tonight. Actually genuinely looked like a proper football side devoid of any banter moments and full of fit as fuck hardcunts. Not been like that for years.
    Night and day compared to the last few years.
  • https://amp.theguardian.com/football/2018/aug/09/manchester-united-veto-jose-mourinho-wishlist-cash-fears?

One for Utd fans, I definitely agree with the chairman here and most Utd fans would. Similar story in today's Daily Mirror
  • It's going to be fun to see his slow mental breakdown continue this season.

(...... clearly mental illness isn't a joke and I do hope he's actually okay but then again he's an arsehole)
  • Makes sense on the page, but the same decision-makers that appointed Jose Mourinho being unwilling to facilitate short-term fixes is a bit lol.
  • Embrace your Banter Years.
  • To be fair he's been well backed. It's just a parent saying never mind going on about the new Argos catalogue, play with the toys I bought you last Christmas.
  • Meanwhile, here's Ashley asking himself if he fancies another lamb bhuna:

https://thumbs.gfycat.com/ObviousPleasingAmericanmarten-max-1mb.gif

• Ashley has just bought House of Frazier for £90m according to the BBC. That’s why he was saving his money.
    360 - optimark prime PSN - optimark_prime twitter - @optimark_prime
  • *edit

Sorry, phone was acting up.
    360 - optimark prime PSN - optimark_prime twitter - @optimark_prime
  • Ashley's just splurged 90M on House of Fraser.  Hey, perhaps the Magpies will get a new shirt sponsor out of it!
    It wasn't until I hit my thirties that I realised you could unlock rewards by exploring the map
  • Oooo...Welcome to "St James' House of Fraser Park @ Sports Direct Arena"
    "Like i said, context is missing."
    http://ssgg.uk
  • Cooking Whisky.
    Come with g if you want to live...

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!