Ryan Giggs Great Britain
    Ashley Young England
    Patrick Viera Man City
    Sol Campbell England
    Aaron Ramsey Great Britain
    Michael Owen England
    Steven Gerrard England
    Mo Salah Fiorentina
  • Yup, well played.  I didn't even get it after a Team GB clue.
  • Paul the sparky
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Paul the sparky
    PSN
    Neon_Sparks
    Steam
    Paul_the_sparky

Send message
    Nice work Dante.

MOAR of those please.
  • Damn Dante, I just got it.
    Giggs was my starting point as he has only played for one club.
    I did an oooh in the street when I clicked it was the GB team. 

Mo Salah then gave it away.

The Arsenal players are a real red herring.
  • Aye, Giggs was the starting point, Man Utd and Wales. I thought Wales might be it as that covers Ramsey as well, but then I remembered Team GB.

Looking through, you can quickly rule out most straight off. Richards also played for England, which ticks off a lot of them, and Viera played with him at City briefly. I couldn't work out how he'd played with Salah, because I couldn't even remember him playing for Fiorentina. Quick check of Wiki revealed that though, which sealed the deal.
  • I went down a few garden paths. Thought there might be a Real Madrid element too.
  • I started thinking if they somehow played for England and Wales.
    Also LA Galaxy because of Gerrard.
  • Warnock shouting his mouth off about Brexit.   What a complete ignoramus.   Pity the interviewer didn't challenge him more on his belief that Brexit would be good for football and transfers.  Football and politics should never mix, but ignorance on this scale should be called out.  Tosser.
    It wasn't until I hit my thirties that I realised you could unlock rewards by exploring the map
  • Paul the sparky
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Paul the sparky
    PSN
    Neon_Sparks
    Steam
    Paul_the_sparky

Send message
    WTF Huddersfield? Why not stick by him?
  • Gutted!
    iosGameCentre:T3hDaddy;
    XBL: MistaTeaTime
  • We’ll never get a better manager. We’re down this season, who better to give us a chance of coming back up?
  • Paul the sparky
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Paul the sparky
    PSN
    Neon_Sparks
    Steam
    Paul_the_sparky

Send message
    Seems like it is more of a mutual thing.

Doesn't make much sense to me though, could stay and carry on the project. Now you're going to start from scratch with some short sighted appointment. Fat Sam or some shite.
  • Idiots.  The only thing I’d say is that he seemed really really down after the Fulham match.  It was the first time I’d even considered they may out him.  I also imagine they’ve not been able to get anyone of any use in the current window and that’ll have sent both sides over the edge.

But yeah,  Fat Sam or Pardew or that one from the jungle for he last few m0nths of the season and then off once they’re down.
  • When he joined us it was part of a long term project that worked too well really. We went up without having the infrastructure in place to cope with it, we somehow stayed up last season but it’s coming home to roost this season. It’s to be expected, we’re nowhere near ready.

Mutual consent sounds like bollocks to me. Suppose we could never sack him but there must be some wheeling and dealing going on in the background.

They’d better not get fat Sam in.
  • Paul the sparky
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Paul the sparky
    PSN
    Neon_Sparks
    Steam
    Paul_the_sparky

Send message
    Like I said it seems to be more of a mutual thing, they've not pushed him out. Aitor Karanka has done similar a couple of times recently. It's a refreshing attitude when you're used to the likes of Allardyce, Mourinho, Moyes, Dancin' Pardew et al clinging on for their severance pay/sacking reward.
  • Paul the sparky
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Paul the sparky
    PSN
    Neon_Sparks
    Steam
    Paul_the_sparky

Send message
    The Daddy wrote:
    When he joined us it was part of a long term project that worked too well really. We went up without having the infrastructure in place to cope with it, we somehow stayed up last season but it’s coming home to roost this season. It’s to be expected, we’re nowhere near ready.

Mutual consent sounds like bollocks to me. Suppose we could never sack him but there must be some wheeling and dealing going on in the background.

Obviously you'd know better than me, but yeah, if they appoint one of those fucking vultures then you know the long term, progressive plan is well out the window.

It's a shame, like you say he's over achieved and is somehow paying the price for that now. Can't help but feel you'd be better off sticking with him Burnley/Dyche style and building again from the championship with a much more solid foundation than when he first arrived.
  • Actually, now that I’ve actually read some statements rather than going out on a full on internet flounce, it really does sound like it was mutual.  He’d already told them he had to leave at the end of the season to re-charge himself.  They’ve simply had a meeting and brought that forward.  As I said, the guy looked pretty broken these last couple of weeks.  Good luck to all.  I’m from Huddersfield originally and my grandad was in their kick ass pre war team too so I’ll always have an eye out for how they’re doing.  Shame.
  • Sometimes the mojo just goes. Huddersfield have something to lose right now and they could easily let the chance of a generation slip away. There’s no guarantees that any long term project, let alone football one, will bear even a modicum of success.
  • Yeah, I’ve just caught up with the full story. I still think the Burnley/Dyche approach could’ve been achieved. Onwards and downwards. Might be able to go to an away game at Sunderland in a couple of seasons.
  • If Rafa does go at the end of the season, I'd have him in a heartbeat.
  • Paul the sparky
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Paul the sparky
    PSN
    Neon_Sparks
    Steam
    Paul_the_sparky

Send message
    Sometimes the mojo just goes. Huddersfield have something to lose right now and they could easily let the chance of a generation slip away. There’s no guarantees that any long term project, let alone football one, will bear even a modicum of success.

I don't think anyone is saying a long term plan guarantees success, but a short term appointment in Allardyce (just read that he's the current favorite) followed by panic spending to try to get out of the drop zone could set the club back years and piss away the good work of the last few seasons.

It's all rolling the dice though. Fulham spunking £100m and getting nowhere. Ashley's "the take over is imminent this time, I promise!" investment cancelling smokescreen. Cardiff spent nowt and are out of the relegation spots at the moment, although I can see them dropping in at some point.
  • cockbeard
    Show networks
    Facebook
    ben.usaf
    Twitter
    @cockbeard
    PSN
    c_ckbeard
    Steam
    cockbeard

Send message
    The Daddy wrote:
    When he joined us it was part of a long term project that worked too well really. We went up without having the infrastructure in place to cope with it, we somehow stayed up last season but it’s coming home to roost this season. It’s to be expected, we’re nowhere near ready.

I hear that first paragraph, strange as it seems success can come too soon sometimes. But still better than being a 'big' club thinking you have a god given right to top flight football
    "I spent years thinking Yorke was legit Downs-ish disabled and could only achieve lucidity through song" - Mr B
  • Seemed a harsh red that.
  • Also better than doing a Blackpool.
  • Paul the sparky
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Paul the sparky
    PSN
    Neon_Sparks
    Steam
    Paul_the_sparky

Send message
    WorKid wrote:
    Also better than doing a Blackpool.

Blackpool is the monster I frighten my pals with when the weak bastards pull out the "I'd rather we go down than sit through this!" bullshit.
  • Decent ball that by Laporte by the way. Not Shelvey level, but no' bad.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!