Sport Club Greek Mega Thread
  • Difficult with Lloris because while he is nowhere near his best his foot skills are key to our high line.
    We would need some as good at that and better at the basics.
    Mignolet was just plain shit all round.

I'm not exactly happy with our current form, especially in the league but I really enjoy how we play. High pressing lines, goals up the wazoo, one draw all season, it's certainly not boring. As bad as it has been in the past few months we are still third, with no home stadium and no signings.

I would be happy to keep the core squad as is for another season and give it a proper shot in the new stadium.

Spurs get a lot of shit for not winning much, and I get it but the other side of that is that we arent used to winning trophies either. The pressure isn't there like it is at the other top teams.
    Of the teams that dont win shit (and there are more of them than those that do) we are far ahead. Ask a Wolves, Watford, Everton, West Ham, Villa, Leeds, Newcastle etc fan if they would swap with us.

I cant talk for all Spurs fans obviously but I see a stable future at the top end of the table, smart investment in infrastructure and a balanced and sustainable wage system that will ensure our position at the top. All that without the earnt privilege of long term, large fanbase enjoyed by Man U and Liverpool or the not so earnt shady rank business of Chelsea or City.

So many fans complain that it's impossible to break into the top end of the league and while I appreciate Spurs arent minnows we are bucking the trend. The only way to do it is with patience.

Sorry that turned into a bit of a rant.
  • Part of the problem* is not being considered one of the biggest teams in the eyes of prospective players.  It's not just the wages thing, surely - you've got a starting eleven that could compete with the elite teams in Europe.  The allure of joining a nearly-top name team to fight for a place, or bide your time to seize chances must not be quite as strong.  People moan about a lack of competition for Kane, but would you swap him for any centre forward in Europe?  I wouldn't, and considering you'd be picking from available players anyway the vacancy sign permanently reads 'understudy'.    Improving the squad with players that probably won't get in the team must be an absolute headache.  And it's not something you can chuck money at unless you're a household name in all the houses.

*'Problem'; I haven't ignored the gist of your post.
  • If lloris foot skills are keeping him in the team then he needs to be binned. He gave away way too many passes to the Liverpool midfield. There was a bit on match of the day where alderwereild declined to pass to him.
  • LarryDavid wrote:
    Lloris has been a Mignolet-esque cock-up merchant for too long now. Spurs need to look into replacing him.

They were pretty unlucky really, as Lloris aside they played very well.

I hate his fucking face. He reminds me of kids I beat up in French school. I wish he wasn't out captain. I'd get rid.
    Don't wank. Zinc in your sperms
  • Racist update: woke up this morning to see he'd left the group chat. Cheerio, prick.
  • well done gav. a small victory, but a good thing. all too easy in that situation for everyone to stay quiet rather than risk 'unsettling' the group.
    "Like i said, context is missing."
    http://ssgg.uk
  • Aye, good for you mate.
    Come with g if you want to live...
  • I'll no doubt meet him for the first time when I get back to football in the coming weeks and he'll snap me in two, but I don't really care.

One of the guys in the group is a long time pal who's 100% Scottish but has very tanned skin. He messaged to say he's grown up with that kind of stuff thrown at him and found/still finds it too easy to retaliate with his fists, and that words don't find him easily. He thanked me. Dunno what to say to it cos I'm not trying to be a saviour or a fucking Saint cos I know I'm not. I'm just still annoyed it had to happen I suppose.
  • Looking at fixtures remaining for City and liverpool you gotta say it's Liverpools to lose.

Liv@ spurs have raised their own bar so much these past few seasons, that it seems an abnormality for them to lose so many games in a season.
  • Dinostar77 wrote:
    Looking at fixtures remaining for City and liverpool you gotta say it's Liverpools to lose.

It's clearly the opposite you absolute madman.
  • Paul the sparky
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Paul the sparky
    PSN
    Neon_Sparks
    Steam
    Paul_the_sparky

Send message
    What are they?
  • Liverpool:
    Southampton away
    Chelsea home
    Cardiff away
    Huddersfield home
    Newcastle away
    Wolves home

City:
    Cardiff home
    Palace away
    Spurs home
    Man U away
    Burnley away
    Leicester home
    Brighton away

City have an extra league game to play and minimum one extra FA Cup game. Both sides still have the Champion's League.
    City have it much harder imo.
  • Burnley and Man U will be the toughest there. Everyone else will be on holiday mode.
  • Racist update: woke up this morning to see he'd left the group chat. Cheerio, prick.

Well done Gav. You're all man in my book

Don't wank. Zinc in your sperms
  • regmcfly
    Show networks
    Twitter
    regmcfly
    Xbox
    regmcfly
    PSN
    regmcfly
    Steam
    martinhollis
    Wii
    something

Send message
    Just eching from elsewhere Gav has done the good deed
  • It is literally City's to lose as it's in their own hands... tougher run in, sure, but they have incredible depth.

I'm hoping for Liverpool but it is advantage City. Hopefully the Manchester derby is a good 'un.
  • GooberTheHat
    Show networks
    Twitter
    GooberTheHat
    Xbox
    GooberTheHat
    Steam
    GooberTheHat

Send message
    It is literally City's to lose as it's in their own hands... tougher run in, sure, but they have incredible depth.

I'm hoping for Liverpool but it is advantage City. Hopefully the Manchester derby is a good 'un.

Absolutely. Liverpool could win every game and still not win the league, so it's in no way in their own hands.
  • Paul the sparky
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Paul the sparky
    PSN
    Neon_Sparks
    Steam
    Paul_the_sparky

Send message
    Southampton, Chelsea and Cardiff all have something to play for. Hopefully Newcastle don't need the points by then, but I'd quite like to dish out some payback for the Stan "Smack My Bitch Up" Collymore inspired surge in spiteful motivation that helped hand the league to Sore Alex's mob.
  • Paul the sparky
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Paul the sparky
    PSN
    Neon_Sparks
    Steam
    Paul_the_sparky

Send message
    Carra's playing videogames! What the fuck is this?!
  • cockbeard
    Show networks
    Facebook
    ben.usaf
    Twitter
    @cockbeard
    PSN
    c_ckbeard
    Steam
    cockbeard

Send message
    It is literally City's to lose as it's in their own hands... tougher run in, sure, but they have incredible depth. I'm hoping for Liverpool but it is advantage City. Hopefully the Manchester derby is a good 'un.

I see what you're saying, and I'm sure Pep will be saying the same, that they have to rely on no-one else. But the phraseology plays into the thinking that the bigger teams are so good that they should be expected to beat everyone. It's common across the board but in this age of one or two trams steamrollering the division it isn;t really untrue, which sucks
    "I spent years thinking Yorke was legit Downs-ish disabled and could only achieve lucidity through song" - Mr B
  • Ander Herrera joining PSG on a free. Utd wouldn't pay the wages he wants for a renewal.
  • I know he isn't exactly Man U's star player but that is what a ludicrous wage structure gets you.

He wanted 200k which is lols but hard to argue given what Sanchez is on.
  • Paul the sparky
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Paul the sparky
    PSN
    Neon_Sparks
    Steam
    Paul_the_sparky

Send message
    Christ, it's Alan Smith in the commentary box.
  • Everton investigating Jordan Pickford for an alleged incident on Sunday night.

Apparently he caught a cross.
  • Herrera's a great player to have in your squad (or first team under Ole), but I can't shed a tear for such an unlikable footballer. He's dependable and he's top class at the snappy terrier thing, but he's also a fucking prick. I'll be happy if he stays but he'd probably be my least favourite player in the league if he played for anyone else.
  • Arsenal are so dumb for getting rid of Ramsey.
  • LivDiv wrote:
    I know he isn't exactly Man U's star player but that is what a ludicrous wage structure gets you.

He wanted 200k which is lols but hard to argue given what Sanchez is on.

Sanchez wages is a massive problem and a mistake for utd. It may cost utd de gea (18 months left on deal) and pogba (24 months left on deal) by next summer. Utd know they made a mistake paying Sanchez a stupid amount of money. De gea wants pay parity with Sanchez as will pogba when they discuss renewals and utd wont pay it. Wouldnt surprise me to see de gea and pogba at Madrid or PSG next summer.
  • Dinostar77 wrote:
    Ander Herrera joining PSG on a free. Utd wouldn't pay the wages he wants for a renewal.

This is fucking dumb.
  • I think he's a great player and in this age easily worth that pw.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!