Sport Club Greek Mega Thread
  • You have gifs, you don't need live action Jones
  • LivDiv wrote:
    lol. Fucking stupid signing for that money. Well done Leicester.
    Who do you think we could have signed instead?

Someone good
    Don't wank. Zinc in your sperms
  • Maguire to Man Utd for £85m is complete (according to Yahoo Sport)

I dont think this will be a VVD deal where we look back at the end of the season and say it was a great transfer. Insane amount of money for a goodish not w.c. centreback. But that's the market.
  • Refusing to meet the asking price and eventually paying the asking price just as pre-season fixtures are wrapping up shows Woodward has levelled up at haggling since the summer of Fellaini.

Next up: putting all eggs in Dybala basket.
  • Apparently Dybala has said he doesn't want to go to Man U.
    He wants to remain at Juve or go to a club that better suits his style of play.
  • LivDiv wrote:
    Apparently Dybala has said he doesn't want to go to Man U.
    He wants to remain at Juve or go to a club that better suits his style of play.

Not surprised, we arent in champs league so you'd expect top foreign players to say no.
  • Didn't want him anyway. Come back Fernandes, it was always about you. Ooh, is that Eriksen? Bruno, can you hold on a week?
  • @dino
    And that is where the big Maguire fee comes from imo.
    I mean there has to be a reason they didnt sign Alderweireld, it all seems to be reports that Man U lost interest but at 25mil I find that hard to believe.
  • LivDiv wrote:
    @dino
    And that is where the big Maguire fee comes from imo.
    I mean there has to be a reason they didnt sign Alderweireld, it all seems to be reports that Man U lost interest but at 25mil I find that hard to believe.

The lack of anyone coming in for Alderweireld is just nuts especially at £25mil. I think utd didnt go in as they are going for younger players.

Moot, dont think we are in for fernandes at all. It's all agent driven. Apparently only bid this summer so far was the €45mil from spurs a few days ago. Fernandes has a clause in his contract that if sporting reject an offer above €35mil then they have to compensate fernandes €5mil. Crazy. There was some good analysis on him the other day. Plays in a weak league, sees alot if the ball, shoots all the time from crazy distances and angles. Scored alot but his shots taken to goals scored ratio is really poor. Could be the next Frank Lampard, could also be another Portuguese flop in a foreign league.
  • Probably not, it's all fun and games though. I enjoy transfer windows as much as most recent seasons, the nonsense is like crack. I Google updates multiple times per day (then click on stories like 'Lukaku caught yawning on tour').
  • I love deadline day for the absolute nonsense.
    Dildo waving.
    "Just saw Ronaldo at Gregg's in central Manchester"
    Odemwingie rocking up at clubs like a love sick teenager.
    Will Levy pull a blinder?
  • The Bleacher Report is an absolute shadow of its former self. The summer of Thiago Alcantera top ten reasons, *Little Chef's kiss*.
  • The past few seasons havent gone silly enough for me. We've had recording breaking, eye watering signings but no silly season stuff. Perhaps it is the inflated prices calming things down.

I want another poundland billionaire investor like The Venkys.
    A few ex-galacticos being linked to promoted clubs. Dani Alves to Sheffield United etc.
  • The proposed Newcastle takeover nearly provided some entertainment, it would've been good for the window.  My colleague was saying things like "I'm not saying we're going to sign Mbappe, but if you look at the odds of us signing him at the moment we're actually favourites" and my favourite, just before it all went quiet: "I wouldn't take Mata on a free".
  • OFFICIAL: Newcastle United have signed French forward Allan Saint-Maximin from OGC Nice for an undisclosed fee and Dutch left-back Jetro Willems from Eintracht Frankfurt on a season-long loan
  • Pictures or it never happened.
    It wasn't until I hit my thirties that I realised you could unlock rewards by exploring the map
  • Coutinho might be going to Arsenal. ‘On loan’, although with an obligation to buy.

If it were just a standard loan I’d want us to try and take him back for a year, fuck actually buying him back in full though.

We got his best years in all probability.
  • What happened with him at Barca?
    Not a fit? Couldn't get games?
  • Dunno, don’t watch them that much. It seemed like he lost his confidence and Barca’s crowd got on his back a bit.

I think they assumed he was going to be an Iniesta-type player but he’s not really like that, and he’s always been inconsistent.

Plus they have Messi who probably makes him seem less special than he looked when playing behind Ricky Lambert or Danny Ings.
  • I dont have much time for Barca or Madrid fans. Spoilt.
  • Most clubs in the world he’d probably be considered a good signing and a decent player.

Look at Bale at Madrid, he’s regularly scored goals to win CL finals and he’s still treated like shit.
  • Bale was in my mind typing that. Obviously being a Spurs fan it leaves a particularly bitter taste reading how they view him when they took him off us.
  • Lovren might be off to Roma. Fuck 6 Times this is the one I’ll really be celebrating.

Pyro, smoke bombs, I might even hire an open top bus to follow his drive to the airport.
  • The bale thing is weird. 90 percent I’m like the whole situation is bullshit and bale is treated well harshly but then I read he hasn’t learnt Spanish in six years, which is also disrespectful.
  • The not learning Spanish thing is odd but then you make record breaking signings and give them a couple of mil in wages every month and you make divas out of them.

He has sported a shit haircut for 6 years on their command, that should be enough.

As for this window, I don't think the club or player have covered themselves in glory.

The club stuff is obvious but if Bale really gave a shit about playing football he would take the wage cut rather than taking the China deal.

I've seen people say stuff like "well of course he would take the china money, who wouldnt take a pay rise?" But it isnt like footballers are on the bread line. You cant spend the kind of money he is earning, you cant spend half of it.
  • He probably thought just donning a pair of flip-flops would be good enough to count as integrating into Spanish society.
  • GooberTheHat
    Show networks
    Twitter
    GooberTheHat
    Xbox
    GooberTheHat
    Steam
    GooberTheHat

Send message
    It's not about being able to afford a pay cut though. It's an ego thing. If Bale rates himself as one of the top 10 players in the world the in his mind he is justified in asking for a top 10 wage. Anything less is like him admitting he isn't as good as the others.
  • I wouldnt argue with you there. But then it is ego over genuinely competitive football.

He has won everything in Spain and Europe tbf but any Welsh or English player really should have eyes on the prem trophy. How can you not dream of lifting it if you grew up here?

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!