Sport Club Greek Mega Thread
  • Everton, the ‘born not manufactured’ realest club in football reduced to handing out free plastic flags.
  • Dinostar77 wrote:
    Di Marzio (sky sports italy): alexis sanchez has agreed terms with inter milan. Just need agreement with utd for the season long loan. I love conte, now if he'd only buy/loan darmian, rojo, smalling and jones as well...

I give the agreement, now fuck off.
  • regmcfly wrote:
    Knight wrote:
    If it happened. No I wouldn’t care as much. I wouldn’t write 3 paragraphs hoping Liverpool were banned from the champions league. I’d enjoy it. But I suspect my enjoyment would be slightly hollowed out. I hope I wouldn’t ‘turn a blind eye and revel in it’. I hope I’d be able to face up to the problems inherent in the whole project. Also, right now, I don’t want City’s owners in charge of Liverpool. I’m glad they’re not.

Fair play. I wouldn't trade any of our EBT years for anything, fwiw.

This post is going to age like a fine wine when 9/10 in a row are hit.

It's aged well enough for you looking at your wage bill over the last 5yr. You're still drunk off it.
  • regmcfly
    Show networks
    Twitter
    regmcfly
    Xbox
    regmcfly
    PSN
    regmcfly
    Steam
    martinhollis
    Wii
    something

Send message
    Fucking hell, 3 dead and 7 seriously injured, including former hoops player Emilio Izagguire in a riot in Honduras. Hope he's ok.
  • We should have won that. Chelsea look like a team without any sort of midfield unless it’s about attacking and looking sexy.
  • Also really glad our Maguire understudy has stepped up. The new guy praet looked good to.
  • GooberTheHat
    Show networks
    Twitter
    GooberTheHat
    Xbox
    GooberTheHat
    Steam
    GooberTheHat

Send message
    Leicester looked tasty there. I'd tip them to pip one of Utd, arsenal or Chelsea to 6th this season.
  • Is Perez any good? Seems a bit naff. Chelsea played 120 minutes on Wednesday which excuses them a little. They don’t have a striker though which is an issue. I’m not sure where their goals are going to come from.
    GT: Knight640
  • Season is a write off for Chelsea really.
    They havent had a top notch out and out striker since Costa and with Hazard gone they will lack threat.

If they are serious about him they should give Lampard the season to get a good idea what and who exactly are needed then go ham on it next summer.
    Also cool down the dressing room a bit which has been rubbing against managers since the Mourinho physio incident.

Alternatively they brought him in cheap knowing full well he would fail and will be cheaper to ditch than a more established manager.

Alternatively alternatively. Roman doesnt give a shit about it anymore.
  • Christ the hypocrisy on MotD on VAR.
    Danny Mills "Football has never been perfect, it never will be, why are we trying to make it so".

Yeah fair enough but how many years has he (and the other pundits) spent on TV analysing slow mo replays frame by frame and critting players and refs?
    Basically doing exactly what the VAR officials do.

VAR is a direct result of pundits over analysing everything.
  • GooberTheHat
    Show networks
    Twitter
    GooberTheHat
    Xbox
    GooberTheHat
    Steam
    GooberTheHat

Send message
    VAR is fine, they just want some controversy in place of bad decisions.
  • cockbeard
    Show networks
    Facebook
    ben.usaf
    Twitter
    @cockbeard
    PSN
    c_ckbeard
    Steam
    cockbeard

Send message
    VAR is not fine, it creates a culture where refs won't make decisions, knowing that it can be looked at later. Just look at the above given to linesmen to flag late for offside. What's wrong with the old days when the lino would raise flag the whole time a player is in an offside decision, gives the ref an easy visual indicator. I'm just a dinosaur though
    "I spent years thinking Yorke was legit Downs-ish disabled and could only achieve lucidity through song" - Mr B
  • VAR is fine. I mean, it's shit, but it's fine. The biggest problem with VAR is that, imo, too many people think it was supposed to "solve" disputes about decisions and create definitive right / wrong results. But what the fuck is VAR? It's a fucking slow-mo replay! 

Well, we had slow-mo replays on TV for years and years, and people still can't agree about whether a penalty was really a penalty. So what makes them think it'll be so different now? All VAR does is protect Referees from the 20-20 Hindsight Easy-To-Spot-With-Multiple-Camera-Angles Sky-Watching Motherfuckers, and I'm ok with that. The breaks in the game so far have been nowhere near American Football-esque, so my original fears have not come to pass. The world spins.
  • FranticPea
    Show networks
    Xbox
    FranticPea
    PSN
    FranticPea
    Steam
    FranticPea

Send message
    Don't really watch alot of sport, but have been to loads of Rugby of late as my lads team keeps getting offers to hold the giant flags before games, walk out with the players or play games at half time which is cool.

Anyway, at Rugby they do a little roulette wheel of try or no try for video decisions which is quite exciting. Do they do that in football? If not, they should.
  • The fact that a passage of play has been analysed before the pundits have a crack at studying it adds an extra layer of nonsense to the studio sections for me, at least at this stage.  A noteworthy incident has been highlighted for them, so obviously their job is to discuss it, but listening to them give a 'ruining it' or 'well those are the rules' hot take followed by a sometimes lengthy 'is it ruining it or is it fine that these are the rules?' chinwag is tiresome by default.  Ref's opinion, VAR ruling, commentator and co-commentator having a go, possibly Howard Webb's view getting in first...it doesn't leave Danny Mills a lot to play with once he gets hold of it, yet of course he's got to try.  It's almost unfair, and benefits no-one.
  • Paul the sparky
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Paul the sparky
    PSN
    Neon_Sparks
    Steam
    Paul_the_sparky

Send message
    Why don't they use the time to do a tactical analysis instead? You know, use their extensive professional knowledge of the game to provide some insightful explanation as to why the game is playing out as it is, what changes the losing side need to make etc.?

As it is we tend to get Gary Neville pointing out obvious stuff like a player being caught out of position when a goal is scored and being lauded for it.
  • They started that last night.
    Tim Cahill started explaining shifting centre backs, but they stopped, said they hoped to explain what that was later in the season and moved on to VAR crap.
  • cockbeard
    Show networks
    Facebook
    ben.usaf
    Twitter
    @cockbeard
    PSN
    c_ckbeard
    Steam
    cockbeard

Send message
    Why don't they use the time to do a tactical analysis instead? You know, use their extensive professional knowledge of ....   ....  ....

hahahahaha
    "I spent years thinking Yorke was legit Downs-ish disabled and could only achieve lucidity through song" - Mr B
  • Why don't they use the time to do a tactical analysis instead? You know, use their extensive professional knowledge of the game to provide some insightful explanation as to why the game is playing out as it is, what changes the losing side need to make etc.?

As it is we tend to get Gary Neville pointing out obvious stuff like a player being caught out of position when a goal is scored and being lauded for it.

Years ago when ITV had the highlight rights. Terry Venables wanted to do some more deep and detailed analysis but got told no and to dumb it down for viewers at home. Granted footy analysis has changed over the years and is still changing (joe cole talking about low defensive block the other day) but it's still not at the level you can find on zonalmarking.net or other sites on the internet.
  • Tim Cahill thought Chelsea played well for an hour yesterday (actuality: 15 mins). He also missed that while Chelsea put out youth which might have the source of the the big gaping hole in the middle the midfield was actually occupied ostensibly by kante, Jorginho and later Willian.

So he can keep his analysis in a bin.

Also: Zouma was rubbish yesterday which caused tonnes of problems.
  • I remember during one of the previous World Cups, Gordon Strachan was giving some insight into someone's position on the park and how when he gets pushed forward it allows someone else to move inside and went on to describe the knock on effect it can have to move someone (or something along those lines).  It was genuinely interesting to hear and I remember being quite surprised to see someone go into that kind of detail at half time.

While he was talking. Alan Hansen, like a drunk at a wedding, literally butted in while he was speaking to say, "At the end of the day, if you score more goals than the opposition, you win".  It was both hilarious and kinda tragic.
  • cockbeard wrote:
    VAR is not fine, it creates a culture where refs won't make decisions, knowing that it can be looked at later. Just look at the above given to linesmen to flag late for offside. What's wrong with the old days when the lino would raise flag the whole time a player is in an offside decision, gives the ref an easy visual indicator. I'm just a dinosaur though

The linesman don’t flag late now, they still flag the same.
    Wii U Themagickman - PSN - Themagickman   Xboxlive - Themagickman
  • Not bothering with much of a midfield away at Wolves is an odd decision from Solskjaer. James starts.
  • McTominay has the most dislikeable haircut I've seen for years.
  • Pogba is so fucking thick sometimes.
  • Has anyone had a shot yet? Can't remember any.
  • I'll take credit for that.
  • GooberTheHat
    Show networks
    Twitter
    GooberTheHat
    Xbox
    GooberTheHat
    Steam
    GooberTheHat

Send message
    Has Utd's badge always been that big? It looks huge on their shirt.
  • Hopefully Wolves come out a bit more now.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!