Sport Club Greek Mega Thread
  • LarryDavid wrote:
    It’s mid-November.

Its over. 2nd-4th to be decided and relegation. If I was a bookie id pay out now.
  • LarryDavid wrote:
    That ‘pen’ shout hits Silva’s arm first so it would’ve been a freekick to us. I don’t think there’s any of that unnatural arm position stuff for the attacker, if it hits your hand, then it’s handball.

Yeah. Even if accidental, if the contact from Silva arm led to a goal they would disallow it, so you'd think the same would be true of it causing a penalty. I think TAA was lucky though as i think his handball was a 'foul'.
    "Like i said, context is missing."
    http://ssgg.uk
  • Dark Soldier
    Show networks
    Xbox
    DorkSirjur
    PSN
    DorkSirjur
    Steam
    darkjunglist84

Send message
    Liverpool wont win the league.
  • Is that what you tell yourself when you awake in a cold sweat in the middle of the night?
    It wasn't until I hit my thirties that I realised you could unlock rewards by exploring the map
  • LarryDavid wrote:
    That ‘pen’ shout hits Silva’s arm first so it would’ve been a freekick to us. I don’t think there’s any of that unnatural arm position stuff for the attacker, if it hits your hand, then it’s handball.

Yeah. Even if accidental, if the contact from Silva arm led to a goal they would disallow it, so you'd think the same would be true of it causing a penalty. I think TAA was lucky though as i think his handball was a 'foul'.

MOTD2 said that City should have had a pen for TAA handball as he deliberately moved his arm towards the ball. They discounted silvas handball as accidental.
  • I don’t think there’s such a thing as accidental handball for an attacker anymore, it’s more whether it would have gained an advantage- and in this case it did (or would have). It wasn’t a penalty.
  • Syph79 wrote:
    I don’t think there’s such a thing as accidental handball for an attacker anymore, it’s more whether it would have gained an advantage- and in this case it did (or would have). It wasn’t a penalty.

MoTD2 claimed that VAR didn’t look at Silva’s handball, so I got the impression that it’d have been a penalty if they’d given the correct decision.

Which would have been incorrect, as it should have been a free kick to Liverpool.

I used to understand football.
    360 - optimark prime PSN - optimark_prime twitter - @optimark_prime
  • Dinostar77 wrote:
    LarryDavid wrote:
    It’s mid-November.

Its over. 2nd-4th to be decided and relegation. If I was a bookie id pay out now.

It's posts like this that make me have such great respect and admiration for both your intellect and temperament.

Don't wank. Zinc in your sperms
  • Liverpool scraped a draw with Man United. 2019-20s Man U! Barely beat Villa and needed the softest penalty to beat us. They’ve also let in the first goal in their last five or so games including the great Genk.

They played a team that attacks to defend and shield their awful defence but Man City aren’t singing there at the moment - note they needed to wait till basically the last minute to beat a team at the etihad that had been humped 9 zip the game before.
  • Yes you're absolutely right Crayon, Liverpool haven't established an eight point lead at the top through merit and are merely there because of the inferiority of the opposition and simply being spawny.
    It wasn't until I hit my thirties that I realised you could unlock rewards by exploring the map
  • Did I actually say that?

I think it’s not right to declare the season over on the basis of one game when there are clear indicators why it won’t be a foregone conclusion. Not least Liverpool blew a huge lead last year because they drew a tonne of games they should have won.
  • Dinostar77 wrote:
    LarryDavid wrote:
    It’s mid-November.

It's posts like this that make me have such great respect and admiration for both your intellect and temperament.

Love you too x
  • Dino is Tabloid Narrative made flesh. Every result has meaning. The signs were always there. Have a lead? Done and dusted. Throw a lead? They’ve always been bottlers. Nothing exists in a bubble. It is all connected.

That’s the ending to Death Stranding that we’ll never get. Dino is the bridge baby, seeing all possibilities at all times. Connecting rumour, triumph, failure, signings, tragedies. He doesn’t talk in his sleep, instead while he sleeps his body broadcasts TalkSport through genetically mutated pheromones.

This sounds like an insult but I find Dino’s enthusiasm infectious. Please never change.
  • I lol'ed. It's true, I'm such a cunt
  • I’m being serious, though - I like what Dino brings to the thread. A lot of us are cynical bastards. Dino ain’t that.
  • I agree. I acknowledge that. No sarcasm.
  • :)

You’re not just any cunt. You’re my cunt.
  • https://play.acast.com/s/thetransferwindow/b4736abb-6ea6-41d5-903d-afe83809c6b2

Schrodingers handball. Its worth a listen about the first 15mins. In a nutshell (im probably not doing it justice) the premier league has fucked up when they got IFAB to implement the unintentional handball rule. That and in combination with david ellery's clarification after the spurs / city game about unintentional handball. By the rules as they are interpreted (hence schrodingers handball) TTA handball should have been a penalty and liverpools goal shouldn't have stood. I'm not liverpool bashing here, they are worthy champions. Its fascinating the mess the premier league have made of VAR and the unintentional handball rule.

Well worth a listen.

Minnesager, you made me chuckle.
  • Warnock linked to Hibs & Hearts. In the name of patter, please, make this happen.
  • Warnock linked to Hibs & Hearts. In the name of patter, please, make this happen.
    Can he manage both at once?
    "Like i said, context is missing."
    http://ssgg.uk
  • Did I actually say that?

I think it’s not right to declare the season over on the basis of one game when there are clear indicators why it won’t be a foregone conclusion. Not least Liverpool blew a huge lead last year because they drew a tonne of games they should have won.

A ‘tonne’? From losing to city in January we dropped points 4 times. Away at Utd and Everton, at home to Leicester and away to West Ham. In any normal season points at Goodison and OT aren’t terrible results. Obviously draws against Leicester and West Ham weren’t great but it’s difficult to be perfect. We then won 8 (I think it was 8) in a row to finish up. The ‘huge’ lead we had was 10 points when City had a game in hand and we had to go to the Etihad. A game probably decided by 11mm. We then lost the league by a point with 97 points, 97 points, which no one else, except for City the season before, had ever reached before. We were magnificent and almost perfect. It’s just City were even closer to perfection. This time round City have to be perfect (effectively) to get a 100 point season from where they currently are. Our margin for error is almost certain to be a lot bigger.

Having said all that, obviously it’s not over, it’s November. But we can say it’s not over whilst avoiding criticising Liverpool for a season that was extraordinary.
    GT: Knight640
  • That Raheem v Gomez stuff, eh.

Fun to see Man City slowly becoming the most rattled club since "I'd LOVE IT if we beat them!" days.
  • Not to over-dramatise it, but that looks like a pretty nasty scar that Sterling has left Gomez with. Certainly more than a 'scratch under the eye' that the papers initially reported it as. Who'd thought Raheem could be such a prick?
  • He’s blown his Sports Personality of the Year nomination with that one. His carefully crafted PR campaign to portray himself as a role model for the yoof and football’s answer to Mother Theresa (if she’d had a tattoo of an assault rifle on her calf) has also come undone, I’d say.
  • Was he ever going to beat stokes though?
  • Was he ever going to beat stokes though?

Who is stokes?
  • Im gonna have to google ben stokes.

Googled him.

England won the cricket world cup hey? Well done to them.

Lewis Hamilton could have 10 wdc and 100 grand prix wins and still wont win another bbc sports personality of the year. Next year england will win the darts world cup. The year after it will be the polo world cup or something like that.

Basically its abit crap that one of the greatest racing drivers of all time has so little recognition in domestic awards. Win a tour da france and get a knighthood. For lewis nothing.
  • I have warmed to the Ham recently and there is no doubt he is one of not the greatest drivers of all time but still comes across as a bit of a petulant twat (especially on team radio). It's well reported that he pays no tax in this country which will hamper knighthoods and how he is perceived by the public. He's flashy and not particularly humble which aren't the type of character traits that endear him to the general public. The UK still has an underlying problem with racism too which no doubt another reason he hasn't won more SPOTY awards.
    Live, PSN & WiiU: Yippeekiyey
  • Perhaps the public in general would warm to Hamilton a bit fucking more if he decided to be a bit clearer about who he actually is rather than hiding behind his heavily edited social media truths and all those beards of his.   The guy’s a great driver no doubt - probably the best - but you cant win a personality award if you don’t show us a bit of who you actually are.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!