Sport Club Greek Mega Thread
  • ‘Arry’s compulsive spending wasn’t in the same league. He couldn’t nip down the shops to get his wife some flowers without coming back with a left sided midfielder and a reserve goalie, but half of them were cheap punts. He’s a crafty, cockney wheeler dealer, but he’s usually purchasing at Lidl prices rather than Harrods.

Jose spends big everywhere he goes since Porto, but then comes back moaning that it’s not enough and he needs another £200m to improve his squad and truly perfect his ugly, unwatchable brand of negative football (which works for a season or two, before everyone rebels at having to play/watch such stifling, joyless fare).

Also, City threw away what history they had to get into bed with the Arabs and become Fantasy FC, or Fantasy Accounting FC.
  • dynamiteReady
    Show networks
    Steam
    dynamiteready

Send message
    I guess this is what the Premier League is now, but if the prevalent argument for Spur's bad form is morale, then why replace Poch with a manager that's twice been accused of fostering a bad dressing room culture?

That said, it's a funny old game...

The Special Juan is an entertaining motherfather, if nothing else.
    "I didn't get it. BUUUUUUUUUUUT, you fucking do your thing." - Roujin
    Ninty Code: SW-7904-0771-0996
  • What is “Spurs” in this context? And if there is a thing about “being spurs” surely there are aspects that need change?

Being Spurs is having a low comparative budget and having to work with Daniel Levy. The aspect you would need to change is the owners and chairman.
  • Fans have expectations about play styles too. A lot of clubs have got some golden period that they think is their ingrained style of play forever. There are some who don’t mind hyper-cautious, locked-down, defensive football. Spurs ain’t one of them.

Even Ipswich fans lose it when they appoint the latest mediocre, route 1 pragmatist because he’s not the reincarnation of Bobby Robson.
  • I reckon Jose will get a response out of Spurs and they'll go great guns for a while. He'll get the barriers up, be nice and friendly, siege mentality 'us against the world', put a rocket up a few of them, get some of the underperforming players back on side...
    but it will prob start getting messy in the summer when he starts moaning about signings, sells Son for being too nice, and drops Kane to left wing so he can play Fellaini up top etc.
    "Like i said, context is missing."
    http://ssgg.uk
  • Levy should ride the results boost that Mourinho gives him for 18 months. Then sack him over the Summer before he can start his psychological warfare against the squad.
  • Dont disagree with the mourinho stereotypes. However post utd sacking he did say in an interview that he will refresh his backroom staff (bring in new ideas and concepts) and style of play for his next role. Whether the leopard changes his spots remains to be seen.

Laughable that fans from other big clubs moaning that he needs x amount of millions to make the team work when their managers do the same. Most expensive centre back (before disaster maguire) and goalie in premier league history.
  • Spurs need a rebuild and Harry Kane’s their most valuable asset to fund one.

Jose might be looking at Brave Sir Harold and picturing two defensive midfielders and a pacey winger to hoof it towards.
  • Dinostar77 wrote:
    Dont disagree with the mourinho stereotypes. However post utd sacking he did say in an interview that he will refresh his backroom staff (bring in new ideas and concepts) and style of play for his next role. Whether the leopard changes his spots remains to be seen.

Laughable that fans from other big clubs moaning that he needs x amount of millions to make the team work when their managers do the same. Most expensive centre back (before disaster maguire) and goalie in premier league history.

Approx. net spend per day:
    • Jose Mourinho at #mufc: £328,000
    • Mauricio Pochettino at Spurs: £54,500

That was from the twitters and I’ve lost the thing now.
  • I'd say it writes itself but it's already been written...wrong north london club though.
    https://www.joe.co.uk/football/fm20-evil-jose-at-the-arsenal-240868
  • In other news, just because...
    EIx9QhBW4AAXnWd.jpg
  • Only one man can save spurs now
    Tim-Sherwood.jpg
  • monkey wrote:
    Levy should ride the results boost that Mourinho gives him for 18 months. Then sack him over the Summer before he can start his psychological warfare against the squad.

Don’t see Liverpool complaining about the Klopp press though.
  • Oh fuck I actually missed the official Mourinho announce

Hahahahahahahah
  • dynamiteReady
    Show networks
    Steam
    dynamiteready

Send message
    What the fuck did happen to Sherwood, anyway? Wasn't he doing alright before Poch?

edit - Just read the story... A typical one. Solkjaer next, I'm sure...
    "I didn't get it. BUUUUUUUUUUUT, you fucking do your thing." - Roujin
    Ninty Code: SW-7904-0771-0996
  • Yes but he was also shit. He went to villa and was also shit (interestingly, for me, he was the manager for what I think was the most momentum turning game in our title winning season - villa were two nil up with twenty mins or so left and lost 3-2. Was the game kante came on for us and made all the difference for the first time)
  • So Mourinho backroom staff named and they are all guys he hasnt previously used before. Maybe the leopard will be changing his spots. Maybe.
  • So did big Jan actually shag Eriksens wife then?
  • Quick fix for mourinho then. Let erikkson shag big jan's bird. Sorted.
  • Waming to Mourinho after that press conference.
    He still has a lot to do to win me over.
    West Ham on saturday, I would rather we lose than turning up and parking the bus. 

He has talked about really liking the squad and it being a rare occasion of having a ready made squad so hopefully he will play to their strengths.
  • What’s he supposed to say? They’re shit?
    Wii U Themagickman - PSN - Themagickman   Xboxlive - Themagickman
  • Well it is Mourinho but no, its normally "I have spoken with chairman and we have identified areas that need improvement".
  • Dinostar77 wrote:
    That's cos he buys them dinner at the Ivy you mug

Now what do you have to say you muppet?

I bow down before thee, oh dinoracle sportsborn, third of his name, King of fleet Street and father to cockerells, slayer of Ozno the fugly smartarse, and master of transfer and management whispers.

Don't wank. Zinc in your sperms
  • Dinostar77 wrote:
    That's cos he buys them dinner at the Ivy you mug

Now what do you have to say you muppet?

I bow down before thee, oh dinoracle sportsborn, third of his name, King of fleet Street and father to cockerells, slayer of Ozno the fugly smartarse, and master of transfer and management whispers.

Lol. Love you too x
  • Imxoxoxoxo
    Don't wank. Zinc in your sperms
  • https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/50503501

Copa Libertadores: BBC to air South American club final

The 60th Copa Libertadores final between Flamengo and River Plate at the Estadio Monumental in Lima, Peru will be aired on BBC Two and BBC iPlayer on Saturday, 23 November from 19:45 GMT.
  • Good first half for Jose.
    He is winning me over still, he hasn't gone for negative football, just tweaked what we have.

Plus he started Moura.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!