Sport Club Greek Mega Thread
  • We were crap and outplayed again, but won again. IDGI.

Saints, innit?
  • Fucking hell Rangers.
  • Paul the sparky
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Paul the sparky
    PSN
    Neon_Sparks
    Steam
    Paul_the_sparky

Send message
    You weren't bad at all, can see you pulling out of the mire. Long, Ings, Redmond and Ward-Prowse were a busy pain in the arse all game.

But then again I don't seem to know what's going on with football at the minute. Watching Newcastle under Bruce is a confusing experience.
  • regmcfly
    Show networks
    Twitter
    regmcfly
    Xbox
    regmcfly
    PSN
    regmcfly
    Steam
    martinhollis
    Wii
    something

Send message
    UP YOUS ALL WE WERE SHITE AND STILL WON
  • regmcfly
    Show networks
    Twitter
    regmcfly
    Xbox
    regmcfly
    PSN
    regmcfly
    Steam
    martinhollis
    Wii
    something

Send message
    Ten men and still champs olololol
  • Rangers got Frimponged
  • regmcfly
    Show networks
    Twitter
    regmcfly
    Xbox
    regmcfly
    PSN
    regmcfly
    Steam
    martinhollis
    Wii
    something

Send message
    I need the void of gav to be my energy
  • You weren't bad at all, can see you pulling out of the mire. Long, Ings, Redmond and Ward-Prowse were a busy pain in the arse all game.

But then again I don't seem to know what's going on with football at the minute. Watching Newcastle under Bruce is a confusing experience.

Aye, weird season.

I was talking to Dante a couple of days ago on Destiny and he asked me my prediction for the match. I said Saints would throw away a lead and the lose the whole game near the end.

It’s just our confidence - we’ve some decent players and a great manager, but there’s zero self-belief. So, even if we play well we still think we’ll fuck up.

Still, I don’t mean to imply you won because we fucked up. You won because you won - you had chances, took them, there were some good subs. Don’t know what else to say, really.

Grats, anyway.
  • Paul the sparky
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Paul the sparky
    PSN
    Neon_Sparks
    Steam
    Paul_the_sparky

Send message
    The Sheff Utd game was the same for us though. It's hard to believe we're picking up the points playing as we are, and although I'm delighted with every point we pick up while playing shite, there's still the sense of dread that the luck will run out at any moment and we'll go on a massive losing streak.

Belief does seem to be playing a big part in it though. They don't know when they're beat at the minute.
  • The Sheff Utd game was the same for us though. It's hard to believe we're picking up the points playing as we are, and although I'm delighted with every point we pick up while playing shite, there's still the sense of dread that the luck will run out at any moment and we'll go on a massive losing streak.

Belief does seem to be playing a big part in it though. They don't know when they're beat at the minute.

Yeah - I originally wrote something along those lines, as in “you’re the anti-us” but I deleted it as I haven’t really watched enough of Newcastle this season to make that judgement and we’ve also been quite shit in a lot of matches until recently.
  • I'm with Sparky on being well confused by Newcastle.
    I don't particularly bear Bruce any ill will cos of past clubs and records etc, but at the same time think the sudden move to give him all the praise is a bit premature too. Yes, he seems to have got them working hard for each other (except for the games this season where they simply haven't turned up and got turned over)....but the points we've got have come from reverting to Benitez's system, then playing it even more defensively, then defenders and shelvey suddenly scoring each chance they get.
    It just doesn't seem sustainable longer term. Also the league is so tight in the middle still that there's no way we can allow ourselves to feel comfortable...we're 7 points off 4th, but also only 7 points off relegation zone - which is how many points we took against the run of play this week.
    "Like i said, context is missing."
    http://ssgg.uk
  • Newcastle will be safe before February starts.
    "Sometimes it's better to light a flamethrower than curse the darkness." ― Terry Pratchett
  • acemuzzy
    Show networks
    PSN
    Acemuzzy
    Steam
    Acemuzzy (aka murray200)
    Wii
    3DS - 4613-7291-1486

Send message
    Russia banned from there world cup and Olympics...
  • Guardiola noted City's need to improve:

"The reality is we are 14 points [behind] for the mistakes we have done, for the quality of our opponents and especially as well the things we cannot control. That is the reality, but we have to continue.

"We are at the beginning of December, and we have other competitions to play and other games to fight and improve on that and maybe it is going to help us for the future, so we need to live that as a club to be better."

He suggested they may not be able to compete with Europe's elite, though. He told Sky Sports (h/t Reuters, via ESPN FC): "That is the level we face, against Liverpool, United, Barcelona, [Real] Madrid, Juventus—they are the teams we have to face and the reality is maybe we are not able now to compete with them."

The most expensive squad ever assembled in world football history and they cant compete according to him. Laughable. Anyway i reckon hes off end of season. His wife and children have moved back to spain this summer gone.
  • dynamiteReady
    Show networks
    Steam
    dynamiteready

Send message
    I don't think it's laughable at all. The game, on and off the pitch, has changed a great deal, and expectations are higher than ever, but the game is still very much based on a great deal of luck. So part of that statement, is probably Pep (the badger), inoculating himself against an overdue that overdue run of of bad luck.

What really interests me though, is with all that's known about the game, what with all the cameras, journalists and statisticians, why seemingly good managers are losing their jobs so casually...

I can understand a measure of panic for any team of a certain value found in the last 4 - 6 positions after Christmas. But sacking a manager of a top 10 team is fucked up.

I think both Ranieri and Rodgers have proven just how silly things have become.
    The fact that both have proven this point at Leicester is even more interesting...

If it's not the manager, and it's not the players (look at Vardy, ffs), then what is it, exactly?
    "I didn't get it. BUUUUUUUUUUUT, you fucking do your thing." - Roujin
    Ninty Code: SW-7904-0771-0996
  • It’s just our confidence - we’ve some decent players and a great manager, but there’s zero self-belief. So, even if we play well we still think we’ll fuck up.

So, not a great manager then? I would have thought that getting the players to believe in themselves is management basics.
  • Every manager runs out of steam it’s just inevitable.

The exception is Alex Ferguson but he got two great teams playing football even though they were the same club.

• Syph79 wrote:
    It’s just our confidence - we’ve some decent players and a great manager, but there’s zero self-belief. So, even if we play well we still think we’ll fuck up.
    So, not a great manager then? I would have thought that getting the players to believe in themselves is management basics.
    I think if getting people to believe in themselves so that they always perform at their best was so easy, and something all managers can do, then that knowledge would have seeped into general life and all teachers would do the same with students, and people generally would be at 100% at all times.

I'd say in fact that is the absolute toughest part of management, and the reason that even great managers have downturns and bad spells as the techniques that work on some players won't work on others, and may not work over longer term on same players.
    "Like i said, context is missing."
    http://ssgg.uk
  • Yesterday is about as low as I've felt after a game since Italy robbed us at Hampden. No excuses. The Forster Final.

Could go on for days about the clear offside for the goal, but at the end of the day, if you create and dominate that much and still don't score, it's kinda on you. Our day will come. 'grats to Reg. Gg's.
  • I’m at the stage where I’m hoping Arsenal lose, not out of any particular dislike of them, but because you know it’ll lead to some belting AFTV clips.
  • Didn’t realise Arsenal were this shit. That was awful.
  • I get sacking Emery but I'm not sure why they bothered if their grand plan was Ljunberg.
  • Arsenal are abysmal. Can't be arsednal more like.
  • It's like the universe has to maintain balance, so all the energy Duncan Ferguson gave to Everton had to be sucked out of Arsenal by Llunberg.
  • Totally undeserved Arsenal equaliser.
  • Bizarre game, from being utterly atrocious Arsenal are suddenly 3-1 up.
  • Arsenal are shite but you have to remember that this is West Ham.
  • Honesty thought kieran tierney would have a good season. But hes been plagued by injuries.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!