Show networks
    Twitter
    GooberTheHat
    Xbox
    GooberTheHat
    Steam
    GooberTheHat

Send message
    He is the best centre mid ar the start of the game in the new FM along with Milinkovic-Savic, so hes clearly a future balon d'or winner
    When he moves to Real Madrid?
  • I completely forgot Peter Crouch played for Liverpool, wtf.
  • And they're still top of the league?
  • We're the Hurricanes....
  • Now Matej Vydra too. That wee midget Ross Wilson doing bits today you love to see it.
  • I'm sure Ed is about to ink all manner of deals for us.
  • Joshua King back to utd may happen tonight.
  • Because Woodward wants to spend £27m on a trolley dash rather than 3k on further repairs.
  • cockbeard
    Show networks
    Facebook
    ben.usaf
    Twitter
    @cockbeard
    PSN
    c_ckbeard
    Steam
    cockbeard

Send message
    Not with a bid of 20M it won't ridiculous valuation, no second bid as yet, plus we won't let him go without a replacement lined up
    "I spent years thinking Yorke was legit Downs-ish disabled and could only achieve lucidity through song" - Mr B
  • cockbeard wrote:
    Not with a bid of 20M it won't ridiculous valuation, no second bid as yet, plus we won't let him go without a replacement lined up

Bournemouth wanting £50mil for him is insane. Though i understand their position, in relegation fight you dont want to lose any goal scorers
  • Might as well say £50 billion.

I'm quite glad to have someone inept in charge of transfers if it means this one doesn't get over the line.
  • cockbeard
    Show networks
    Facebook
    ben.usaf
    Twitter
    @cockbeard
    PSN
    c_ckbeard
    Steam
    cockbeard

Send message
    Well right now I guess we're the only fans in the country hoping not to see our club announce us signing a forward in the next few hours
    "I spent years thinking Yorke was legit Downs-ish disabled and could only achieve lucidity through song" - Mr B
  • Sky sports

Manchester United have reached an agreement with Odion Ighalo on personal terms and salary over a six-month loan from his parent club, Shanghai Shenhua, with an option to buy the 30-year-old.
  • cockbeard
    Show networks
    Facebook
    ben.usaf
    Twitter
    @cockbeard
    PSN
    c_ckbeard
    Steam
    cockbeard

Send message
    No such thing as an ugly bird at 3am
  • I cant believe Man U have signed Ighalo.
    Maybe they saw something in him, maybe he has suddenly become amazing while in China but fuck me that is a sign of the times.
  • It makes more sense to sign Ighalo on loan for six months than King for £30m imo.  Obviously it smacks of desperation but as that's what it is it makes sense.  If that makes sense.  I have been drinking. 

I'm happier to have an extra striker available than I would be if we'd signed no-one.
  • It's not a bad signing for where the club is, just shows where the club actually is.
  • In a way yes, but I'd also say yesterday's signing might've been punching above the club's current weight. A genuine target secured and a stop gap brought in on loan to plug a gaping hole represents better business than I thought we'd do this window.

Edit: yesterday's signing being Fernandes at time of writing.
  • Alternatively: 12 years ago we wouldn't sell Real Madrid a virus, now there's a chance we've brought one in.
  • cockbeard
    Show networks
    Facebook
    ben.usaf
    Twitter
    @cockbeard
    PSN
    c_ckbeard
    Steam
    cockbeard

Send message
    On King, not sure what you guys have been told, we were told a bid of 27M made, refused out of hand, no further offer made. Maybe 50M is ridiculous, although whoever yo bought yesterday you paid almost that and he's never scored in the PL, but it's not about whether it's ridiculous, it's really about how much it would cost us to replace him
  • And that's Maya Yoshida gone from Saints. End of an era - dude is super popular with the fans and has been an absolute don for more than 7 years with us. Love him.
  • Theres no way in hell Bournemouth will double their current transfer record on a replacement striker for King. Only 54 players in history have cost that much, and Fernandes, a midfielder, not a striker, sits just below that.
  • Especially when they got burgled by Liverpool for Solanke last time round.
  • cockbeard
    Show networks
    Facebook
    ben.usaf
    Twitter
    @cockbeard
    PSN
    c_ckbeard
    Steam
    cockbeard

Send message
    What did you think I said??

I wasn't saying that we would spend 50M on a replacement, I was saying that the 27 bid wouldn't go anywhere near far enough to replace King. Bear in mind that larger clubs can bid less for mediocre or future players, while teams lower down have only money to change players and clubs minds
  • Yar. Any “prospect” that goes to a mid-table or relegation fighting team is getting some decent wonga. It’s high-risk, high-cost signing.

For Saints, we did ok sometimes - J-Rod, Mane, Pele - but we also had some which cost a bundle and never worked - Osvaldo, Ramirez, Clasie etc.

Getting players like that to sign for someone like Saints or the Cherries means paying over the odds and convincing players of “the project” while also knowing you’re a stepping stone into the Prem / EU.

There’s no guarantee that 20-30m will be enough to get a like-for-like replacement for relegation battlers (or cover lost earnings). Sometimes you get lucky, but it’s a big gamble. Man U can afford it, Bournemouth could lose a lot. So, make them pay if they really want that signing.
  • 50m is cheap for a player who has proven to score goals in the prem imho. There are a few things that inform this

1) they have demonstrated they can play in the premier league at a good standard. The gamble factor is low and the time for someone to come good should also be significantly lower

2) Pogba and Maguire we’re north of 50m and don’t principally do the thing that is actually the most valuable commodity in football - goals.

3) for a small team the loss of one big player may literally cost them a year of premier league money (and may be more) so the compensation for that should be big. Furthermore for this to happen on deadline day you would need far more money because the chance of getting a good replacement is nigh on impossible.
  • I agree with moot a striker in is better than none. Ighalo scored 16 goals for watford in PL so adjusting to the league shouldnt be an issue. 6 month loan only paying a third of his salary and no obligation to buy is a result.
  • Leicester Chelsea has been a great watch so far. Shame about the atrocious finishing.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!