Sport Club Greek Mega Thread
  • I know nothing whatsoever about American Football, but always used to say the San Francisco '49ers were my team when asked.

Come on lads. Don't let my years of unswerving support count for nothing.
  • It doesn't kick off till 11:30? 

Oh, fuck that.
  • LivDiv wrote:
    @Crayon
    Not seen the replay of the foul but if it is clear then why does it take 2 minutes?

@Larry
    Yeah it will happen eventually and I assume the goal will be disallowed as the game is effectively rolled back to the infraction.
    VAR has to he quicker, have to have a 30 second limit in it.

I wonder if they were working out how to tell mike dean he was wrong for 1m50s
  • It did seem like they were waiting for the right moment to break the news.

Just tell him while the ball's still in play. None of what's happening is going to count so might as well get him to stop it now.
  • Whilst the entitlement, paranoia and bitterness of City fans deserves mocking (“we’ve spent loads FFS, we should get to win the title every year!”) rolling out these borderline mentally ill people to be mocked by millionaire ex-footballers and studio hangers on still seems a bit off.
  • Will be interesting to see how liverpool's title defense goes next season. This is probably one of the poorest seasons for consistency in the premer league era. Liverpool aside the rest of the so called big clubs have been shite. Hopefully liverpool will get a proper title race next season.

This seasons liverpool will go down with the arsenal invincibles, cloughs 42 game forest team and mourinhos 04 chelsea team for how long they have gone unbeaten. Doing it three years on the trot is a different matter. Guardiola and his billions havent managed that yet.
  • I just want us to wrap up the title, after that I couldn't care less about unbeaten records or matching up with historical precedents. Although I sense Klopp and the team will just keep going regardless.
  • Imagine if you lost the next game, and it all unraveled, and you didn't win again for the rest of the season.
  • Yeah, but we're ace so it won't happen. Rodgers unbalanced team just got on a lucky roll and almost rode it to the title. We're 42 league games unbeaten, have dropped two of the last 100 or so points available, are World and European champions, and haven't lost at home since 2017. 

I think we can afford to lose six or seven games and still creep over the line. Even as a total pessimist I'm feeling quietly confident.

EDIT: plus we've got VAR
  • Absurdly it’s possible we’d still win the league given how incapable City/ Leicester are of putting a run of wins together. 10 draws and 3 losses gets us to 83 points, which might be about where City end up. They’re forecasted to get about that given their season so far.
    GT: Knight640
  • Our under-23's will probably lose to full professional's in the Cup against Shrewsbury so there's still something to enjoy for Liverpool haters.
  • No, you'll somehow win that still.
  • Er... Leicester won 9 games in a row this season.

I feel like Liverpool’s exceptionalness has some how crossed over into an opinion I’ve seen a few times that some how means everyone else is donkey because they don’t match Liverpool.
  • Everyone else isn't donkey, but even if Liverpool werent quite so far in front, the others are behind what you'd expect from a title challenge. A team has only ever won the league in a 38 game season 3 times after losing 6 games, and City and Leicester both look like they could lose another one or two before the end of the season.
  • Ah sorry I knew Leicester had a run in October/November/ early Dec but I meant recently. No sign of Leicester being capable of that again this season. And Leicester and City are basically where you’d expect 2nd / 3rd to be in comparison with other seasons I believe. It’s jist that Liverpool are the outlier relative to other first placed teams. An outlier that will probably never happen again. Or at least not for a very long time.
  • Ah sorry I knew Leicester had a run in October/November/ early Dec but I meant recently. No sign of Leicester being capable of that again this season. And Leicester and City are basically where you’d expect 2nd / 3rd to be in comparison with other seasons I believe. It’s jist that Liverpool are the outlier relative to other first placed teams. An outlier that will probably never happen again
  • Liverpool are also converting draws into wins at a far more efficient rate than is the norm. To put that in maths terms it reduces the value of even “unbeaten runs” quite significantly. In a way they’ve learned from Man City last year who lost way more games but Liverpool took too many draws and it cost them. It’s way better to go for broke and lose (if you can avoid a death spiral) than to settle for draws because across two games you’ll be better off. Across three games you do the work in one game that is the same return as three draws. Better to lose one in three than to have a three game no loss record consisting of draws.

• The joyous intensity all in and around the Liverpool team are currently living through won’t be sustainable in anything like a medium/long term view though. It’ll have to go back to more normal levels at some point but I’d say as bystanders we should just enjoy the sheer level of happy productivity they’re producing. It’s obscene.

I’ve been and seen them live quite a few times this season and I haven’t seen football played in such a complete manner before, ever. There is often no discernible space for the opposition to play in or around. They move and swarm as an 11 (inc the keeper here as his starting positions are crazy) unlike any other team I’ve ever seen. The coaching and training ground work must be astonishing and every player around that first team has bought into it whole heartedly.
  • The joyous intensity all in and around the Liverpool team are currently living through won’t be sustainable in anything like a medium/long term view though. It’ll have to go back to more normal levels at some point but I’d say as bystanders we should just enjoy the sheer level of happy productivity they’re producing. It’s obscene.

I’ve been and seen them live quite a few times this season and I haven’t seen football played in such a complete manner before, ever. There is often no discernible space for the opposition to play in or around. They move and swarm as an 11 (inc the keeper here as his starting positions are crazy) unlike any other team I’ve ever seen. The coaching and training ground work must be astonishing and every player around that first team has bought into it whole heartedly.

Lovely post mate. So nice to see people give them credit.
  • acemuzzy
    Show networks
    PSN
    Acemuzzy
    Steam
    Acemuzzy (aka murray200)
    Wii
    3DS - 4613-7291-1486

Send message
    Yes but VAR
  • Bit nervous for Oxford tonight could be a tricky match.
    Can-of-sprite
  • Oh, that's a cracker.
    Can-of-sprite
  • Ah well.
    Can-of-sprite
  • Great save and great defending there.
  • We've woke up!
    Can-of-sprite
  • This fucking soft lad.
    Can-of-sprite

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!