Sport Club Greek Mega Thread
  • The guy who should have been sent off.

Fuck off Chelsea, spineless twats.
  • Chelsea are not going to be pleased with VAR.
  • Id like Giroud to score. Lampard has treated him badly.
  • Maybe people will be happy to go back to referees call and Armand Tamzarian this season.

such a good ball punished.
  • It's looking like three wins for Ole against Chelsea this season, without his team having outplayed them once. I'll take that.
  • Lampard should be sacked for losing three times to these.
  • I feel like from the ten mins I’ve see. Chelsea have done enough to be equal.

Still at least in Bruno Fernandes they’ve got the player they wanted for Peak Moyes Ball.
  • Neville: “top teams like Chelsea and Man United...”

Lol, they’re both absolute dogshit.
  • Ighalo looks fatter than Shaw. Some effort.
  • The way Keane talks about Lampard and Solskjaer is so weird. Lampard has spent zero pounds and is 3 points ahead of Man U in the league while man you have spent the best part of 200m play dog shit stick it up for headers football or penalties and one is “the honeymoon is over” while the other he’s sanguine about.

Bizarre.
  • The Casablanca Madlipz style Clubcard advert is quite a thing. Terrible.
  • Wow.  One of the most feeble protestations of innocence I've ever seen from Maguire in the interview.  Worth a watch.
  • Top bullshitting from Maguire.
  • I just straightened my leg out into his testicles, guv
  • I was at the bridge tonight and it’s my first live experience of VAR, and it is incredible what a deflating, gutting effect it has on the support. Both times elation, both times utter confusion and anger. They have to change something, it’s awful for the atmosphere. And that’s before you realise the decisions were terrible: azpi was clearly pushed, and how Giroud gains an advantage I’ll never know.

As for game: everyone saw what Maguire did but of course England’s brave hero cannot be punished, yet again. Man U are worse in the flesh than on tv, slow ponderous utterly lacking in direction and conviction, with some properly awful players. We’ve reverted to Sarri negativity due to lack of confidence, passing safe and back too much. Giroud should’ve started (expect him to on the weekend). Pedro is terrible. Generally played ok given injuries (no Hudson-odoi, Abraham, Kante after ten, pulisic.. any team would suffer).

Martial always scores against us the useless wanker.
  • The Giroud decision was not terrible and this bollocks about “gains an advantage” needs to end.
  • Ok

I think the offside rules need to change if var doesn’t want to suck a lot
  • Giroud was past the last defender. It's not a terrible decision, its absolutely correct.

I understand being upset about the first one, but the second is not even arguable.
  • Yes yes

I think offside rules need to change if var doesn’t want to suck a lot
  • Change what counts as offside. The reason it’s been changed to “any amount of any part of the body with which a ball can legally be played and also interfering with play” was to accommodate poor human referees: the delay, the distance, the uncertainty somewhat reduced by simplicity “if I reckon any part was even slightly offside it’s offside”. With VAR this becomes too annoying and precise. So use “clear distance” or “gain advantage” or something: var is still subjective anyway so use the precision sensibly.
  • It would still be annoying but possibly more justified? Than “a ha his toe was offside so”
  • What is clear distance? What is gaining an advantage?

I'm also confused as to what you think the change in the law was. The 2005 change removed the arms from the equation, making it more complicated, not simplifying it.
  • cockbeard
    Show networks
    Facebook
    ben.usaf
    Twitter
    @cockbeard
    PSN
    c_ckbeard
    Steam
    cockbeard

Send message
    Amending precision is just kicking the can down the road. Reintroduce the "seeking to gain an advantage" to allow some common sense and players returning to onside positions, then reword so as any part of the body onside then the player is onside
    "I spent years thinking Yorke was legit Downs-ish disabled and could only achieve lucidity through song" - Mr B
  • That will just put the one bit of VAR that is relatively objective back into the space that is currently controversial.

Also if any part is onside is a ridiculous advantage to an attacker when you include a trailing leg.
  • Michael Owen style forwards would be back in vogue.
  • cockbeard
    Show networks
    Facebook
    ben.usaf
    Twitter
    @cockbeard
    PSN
    c_ckbeard
    Steam
    cockbeard

Send message
    The offisde rule was brought in to prevent goal hanging and long balls forward. It wasn't created to be used as a defensive tool. On that basis the (ridiculous advantage) seems legit, it's only the same as the old "daylight" rule, gives benefit of doubt to attackers, I see no harm in that
    "I spent years thinking Yorke was legit Downs-ish disabled and could only achieve lucidity through song" - Mr B
  • The thing about these VAR offsides is that no one ever asked for the rule to be applied to this forensic level. No one was complaining when Giroud scored (or loads of other examples this season), they were ready to get on with the game. There's just no need for it, and it And if VAR can't even do its job on a 100% red card incident, the game's better off without it.
  • I'm not a fan of the precision. With the Giroud one, to me it was obviously onside in real time. Then during the first replay Neville threw up the possibility of offside, and based on that replay he still looked onside to me, so the futility of Nev's false hope had me swearing at the TV. Then VAR had a look, the line appeared...and the grey area I didn't think existed was gone in a flash - he was offside. Them's the rules, and I can't think of a better way to deal with it post VAR, but I don't like it.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!