Show networks
    Xbox
    Paul the sparky
    PSN
    Neon_Sparks
    Steam
    Paul_the_sparky

Send message
    Stick some of Scotland's World Cup highlights on g.

• hahaha...ooof!
    Come with g if you want to live...
  • Hey Gav.  Can you shine a light on what Rangers are claiming has been going on?  I know there’s talk of a whistleblower too...
  • All kicking off up here. Will try and find a concise, balanced report because even I'm confused by it

Okay so buckle in because here's just a cavalcade of face-palming..

https://the4thofficial.net/2020/04/timeline-of-the-spfl-incompetence-yesterday-as-everything-that-could-go-wrong-did-go-wrong/amp/?__twitter_impression=true

Read that, try to follow, then go here:

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/52256506

Full audio of the ICT chairman's call is here (30+mins)
    https://m.soundcloud.com/dm7181/ict-ceo-scot-gardiner-on-bbc-sportsound-11th-april-2020

The big question is, well, why? Who do this? Why do it now? Why all the confusion? Why the subtle pressure from certain parties? My real answer is I dunno, but I think it will all come out. The places of power in Scottish football have always had an air of Jobs For The Boys, and there is more than a bit fishy here. And what a shame it is that the three major voting slips were published online, one of which containing the SPFL fax number, which absolutely will not be targeted by loonies. Great stuff.

I'm loathe to mention this angle as I know how it'll make me look, but according to the same WhatsApp leaks, why is the head of the SPFL's first phonecall after the vote one to Peter Lawwell of Celtic, who isn't on the SPFL board? Why are Rangers, having issued a now-denied resolution that separates the conflation between issuing of prize money and ending the season as it is (ie, what's currently happening in the EPL), being dicked about by the SPFL's chief legal advisor who has long-running connections to CFC's major shareholders?

Drink the kool-aid or not, its just extremely disappointing that people are dying but Scottish Football's commitment to eat itself alive never does, I suppose.

So Rangers called for heads last night and a full investigation. SPFL want evidence sent. But if I know anything about all this, it's that if Rangers of all clubs issue a statement, and Tom English and Michael Stewart (the BBC!) of all people agree with them, then you've massively fucked up.

Box office stuff, eh? What a time, etc.
  • I've been trying to follow it all since Friday. What an absolute clusterfuck. Like you said, Gav, when the likes of Michael Stewart and Tom English are agreeing with Rangers you know something's amiss. It was English on that audio clip from Radio Scotland that backed up Rangers' claim that clubs had been bullied into voting for the resolution. Scandalous.
  • A totally predictable shit-show given the clowns in charge at the SPFL. Colour me not in the least bit surprised. Can't wait to see how Doncaster and his cronies try and talk their way out of this one.

• The big question is, well, why? Who do this? .

Me does know, but me isn't tell.
    Spoiler:

Don't wank. Zinc in your sperms
  • Clearly meant to be "why", but you do you. Who do you? You. You.
  • cockbeard
    Show networks
    Facebook
    ben.usaf
    Twitter
    @cockbeard
    PSN
    c_ckbeard
    Steam
    cockbeard

Send message
    Voodoo who do what you don't dare do people
    "I spent years thinking Yorke was legit Downs-ish disabled and could only achieve lucidity through song" - Mr B
  • Clearly meant to be "why", but you do you. Who do you? You. You.

https://youtu.be/ROCKGuuviis
  • Exactly.

We're all a bit Pepe Sylvia about this but it needs to be chased. If they'd only just held off for bit with all this People Dying happening, then the pandoras box wouldn't have been opened.

Of course, you now have stuff like this from the usual cheerleaders:

QfvrEMX.png
    PmmZEsA.png

OK sure mate

Again, im trying to be choice here with my words (quiet at the back, please) as it's very easy to say "fuck up Gav u just don't want to see Celtic as champs". Look, if the vote wasn't a catastrophic fuckup and was passed, I'd have accepted it. Aye, a few asterisk or tainted titles jokes would fuel me in the time afterwards, but that's it really. But no, they fucked up and now it's time to answer why. We are all ears. I don't see why we can't follow what the EPL has done with prize money though. Its all just maddening.
  • Also it's tomorrow at 3pm! :)
    (the england v Germany replay)

About to kick off!
    Come on England!
    "Like i said, context is missing."
    http://ssgg.uk
  • It is weird seeing back passes.

Also some of these German haircuts are fantastic.
  • Never mind lads.
    We didn't get to the final this time but I'm sure the next one will be our tournament.
    No way will we go another 30 years without a trophy.
  • I just don't understand why this stuff matters.
  • cockbeard
    Show networks
    Facebook
    ben.usaf
    Twitter
    @cockbeard
    PSN
    c_ckbeard
    Steam
    cockbeard

Send message
    The next one, Sweden 92, lovely owrked free kick from Brolin (he let himself go), then Taylor taking Lineker off. Horrible summer
    "I spent years thinking Yorke was legit Downs-ish disabled and could only achieve lucidity through song" - Mr B
  • Remember when Brolin came to the PL a few years later, looking like a tubby Status Quo roadie?

Great days.
  • cockbeard
    Show networks
    Facebook
    ben.usaf
    Twitter
    @cockbeard
    PSN
    c_ckbeard
    Steam
    cockbeard

Send message
    Qou raodie, brilliant, I'm not sure tubby goes far enough though

bro-fat.jpg
  • BBC Scotland showing the final day 2003 simulcast. The original Helicopter Sunday. A young Arteta sealing a title, big Shota dancing, complete and utter meltdown from my pal up there after. You really do just love to see it.
  • Working that day G?
  • LarryDavid wrote:
    Remember when Brolin came to the PL a few years later, looking like a tubby Status Quo roadie?

Great days.

I firmly believe the best old n.10s all turn to fat. Madonna, Gazza, Brolin, etc

It all sprt of ended with Riquelme handing over to peeps like Zidane. Then it's Messi. Messi will be skinny for another 50 years, same with Zidane. It really dents their legacy for me.

Brolin, proper n.10
  • God that's a long time ago Gav. My hazy memory thinks I may have been with the BBC at Ibrox that day, but my records no longer go back that far. Feels like a lifetime ago.
  • BBC Scotland showing the final day 2003 simulcast. The original Helicopter Sunday. A young Arteta sealing a title, big Shota dancing, complete and utter meltdown from my pal up there after. You really do just love to see it.
    I was listening to it on the radio in an internet cafe round the corner from Leicester Square with a Celtic supporting mate on Yahoo Messenger. What a day.
  • Working that day G?
    Ok, so I'm so bored with the lockdown, I've been up in the loft looking at very old business accounts. Hidden under a pile of hi-fi separates I didn't know I still owned...
      8A7jrsh.jpg

It turns out I was at Kilmarnock v Celtic that day.  

ju5l9lA.jpg 

Who knew? Certainly not me. I have no recollection of that event at all :D 
    The Cup Final on that same purchase order would (iirc) be Lorenzo Amoruso's last match for Rangers. I have a vague recollection of that day, but fuck me, this is all a lifetime ago.
  • He licked that blood, now he can't stop eating chicken. Told ya.
  • cockbeard
    Show networks
    Facebook
    ben.usaf
    Twitter
    @cockbeard
    PSN
    c_ckbeard
    Steam
    cockbeard

Send message
    Becasue why not

• So, what's happened with that vote up here? After radio silence for days, Dundee came out and said they intended to vote yes. (after casting a No vote that mysteriously disappeared) So it passed.

It was then announced that there would be a Reconstruction Taskforce. Headed by who? Ann Budge, Hearts chairwoman. Hearts being the team that would be "relegated". Being kept sweet? Wouldn't put it past them.

And today that's the Aberdeen chief coming out and saying that the SPFL chief executive called him before the 5pm deadline last Friday and told him his vote "wouldn't matter". Again, it stinks.

But they've announced an internal investigation, not an independent one. Marking their own homework, is it? Top laughs.
  • I don't see how they can do reconstruction of the top flight next season, because suddenly having more teams in the top flight would presumably mean less old firm matches, and Sky will just tell them to fuck off if they try and go down that road.
  • Maybe play everyone three times then top six split from bottom eight. I'll admit the fixtures are always more difficult than the back of the fag packet stuff people dream up once internationals and cups are included.

As for the shenanigans, how can fans of the team that sprung into existence in the 4th tier be surprised or aggrieved about this?

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!