Sport Club Greek Mega Thread
  • Yeah, no idea why City are persisting with that joker.
  • GooberTheHat
    Show networks
    Twitter
    GooberTheHat
    Xbox
    GooberTheHat
    Steam
    GooberTheHat

Send message
    You missed my stealth edit (because I missed that city were in the mix).
  • The problem with the CB stuff is that worse teams can get good centrebacks on basically a fraction of the budgets of good teams.

Which suggests to me it either isn’t that the availability of good centre backs is low but more that top teams want someone to have practiced being a centre back for five mins after they’ve done all their passing training.

It always seems like a bizarre rationale to me. Goals are the most precious commodity in football so I don’t see why you’d not conceding a lesser priority over playing from the back.

Having said all that I’ve loved Evans at the back this year due to his solidity but he does kill any momentum going forward so maybe I’m an idiot.
  • I think there is a natural changing of the guard happening. Pique, Ramos, thiago silva, diego godin, bonucci, chiellini, mat hummels etc are all the wrong side of thirty.

The new 'best' i.e sub 30 years old CB, are at established clubs in most cases: VVD, Koubailly, Skriniar, Varane, de ligt, lucas hernandez, alaba etc.

Meaning you have to take a punt (expensive one) on the upcoming CB's and then its a gamble if they settle or improve a defence or are just plain ordinary. Its rare to get VVD, who comes in and just makes the whole defence and team seem better.

There does seem to be less of the 'throw the body on the line' CBs like colin hendry, tony adams, john terry, nemanja vidic. The guys who live to defend and like it. Chiellini celebrates a key block or a tackle like scoring a goal. Its great.

On a sidenote david alaba is running down his bayern contract, i think he will be 29 next summer when available on a free. Every single top club will want him on their books. A left sided CB (which is hard to find) who is a brilliant LB and good enough to play in midfield (as he does for Switzerland national team).
  • @Afgav, Zonal Marking podcast (can listen on spotify) from June 17. Italian football's search for the next Pirlo.

The Athletic's Michael Cox and James Horncastle join Ali Maxwell ahead of Serie A returning this week for a look at the next generation of Italian midfielders, starting with a man some have compared to the legendary Andrea Pirlo - Brescia's Sandro Tonali.Tonali has been lighting up Serie A this season and drawing comparisons to Pirlo but is there more to his game than that comparison suggests?Elsewhere we take a broader look at the history of Italian midfielders - be they registas, fantasistas or medianos - and also run the rule over some of the other contenders aiming to grasp the midfield mantle for the Azzuri from the established figures of Jorginho and Marco Veratti to the emerging talents of Gaetano Castrovilli, Stefano Sensi, Nicolò Zaniolo and Nicolò Barella.
  • Yeah he's the future. What a pler.

Off to Inter apparently though. The cunts.

Here to post this. My love Andy Halliday sharing a belter on Open Goal:

https://twitter.com/opengoalsport/status/1273937319528194049?s=19

Top class. Tears laughing.
  • Moura falls over punches the ball to Kane Who scores and then VAR disallows it.

• Hand ball
    Wii U Themagickman - PSN - Themagickman   Xboxlive - Themagickman
  • I've just seen the spurs scoreline. Wtf?!? and how?
  • Dark Soldier
    Show networks
    Xbox
    DorkSirjur
    PSN
    DorkSirjur
    Steam
    darkjunglist84

Send message
    Because Mourinho
  • Can anyone pm me a stream for the Liv city game?
  • Watching on Now TV, so can't help, sorry.

Grabbed his balls on that penalty, surely thats a 20 point deduction?
  • How is that a penalty? He fouled him about a postcode away from out the box.

• Nevermind about that link eh :)
  • Liverpool are on holiday now.
  • Gomez having a bit of a shocker against Sterling. Can't see that improving their off field relationship. Not that I give a fuck!
    It wasn't until I hit my thirties that I realised you could unlock rewards by exploring the map
  • Liverpool are on holiday now.

Lol
  • Are Liverpool actually drunk?
  • I know I am.
    It wasn't until I hit my thirties that I realised you could unlock rewards by exploring the map
  • Partied too hard this week maybe.
    I wouldn't begrudge Liverpool a bit of a slump but they will want to pick it up leading into the CL.
  • We're not in the CL. Unless that was the joke.
  • Klopp should give the kids and fringe players more of a chance for rest of season. Nothing left to play for.

Ps. Forgot liverpool got knocked out of champs league
  • LarryDavid wrote:
    We're not in the CL. Unless that was the joke.

Oh shit, totally forgot.
  • I think Liverpool should play full strength and especially against their top four rivals. :-O
  • We've only got Chelsea left to play I think (of those going for CL places).
  • Exactly. Balls up every other game for all I care. But beat Chelsea for the ah integrity of the league.
  • Exactly. Balls up every other game for all I care. But beat Chelsea for the ah integrity of the league.

What integrity? They sold that months ago.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!