Sport Club Greek Mega Thread
  • So when grabbing someones shirt, the foul is awarded at the point they throw themselves to the floor?
  • Apart from de Jong Holland look rubbish.

Hateboer looks utterly wank.
  • Newcastle attack is getting interesting, Callum Wilson up front, Ryan Fraser and Saint Maxim on wings and Almiron in the hole off wilson. Shelvey and longstaff in centre midfield.

I think Wilson is angood signing will get loads of goals.
  • Nathan Ake injured which is a mess for Man City.
  • Liverpool nightclubs get ready, James Rodriguez has signed for Everton. Everynight is a party night for james.
  • Nathan Ake injured which is a mess for Man City.

He was a reserve anyway, Koubailly will be signed soon.
  • The referee in the Holland game is such a smug prick. He does that “get up” sign way too often. I sincerely want VAR to overturn a decision of his.

@dino. I wish we could spend forty million on a reserve!
  • @crayon i was reading the guardian preview for your team, they made some interesting points which you will be well aware of (a right winger, a centre-back, a striker, a creative midfielder needed). Thats alot of players to find and not much time left.

https://www.theguardian.com/football/blog/2020/sep/04/premier-league-preview-2020-21-no-10-leicester-city

• I’d be happy with top ten this year. With a decent effort in Europe. Too many big sides were doing better at the end of the season (Liverpool were bad but they have enough in the bank to be top six in snooze mode).

Those are the positions we need more players in - people love evans but I’ve soured on him. He doesn’t have the quality to play a good pass and he’s looked more and more vulnerable to mistakes.

Vardy is great, of course, but it won’t be forever.

And Barnes shows flashes of quality but is completely anonymous except for those moments. It’s fine if we’re doing well but he creates too much pressure for the right back.
  • Thiem was very impressive tonight. In with a real chance of winning the US Open.
    360 - optimark prime PSN - optimark_prime twitter - @optimark_prime
  • Barnes is statistically excellent for his age. Several of the podcasts I listen to (statsbomb and Tefo) don’t understand the negativity he gets from Leicester fans. From what I’ve seen I’m inclined to agree.
    GT: Knight640
  • My perception is that most people like him and he is very good when he shines but if you watch a match you will struggle to see him do anything. It leaves the right back exposed to two on ones (like when Man City ruined us).

He seems like a player with great skill and quality but also nervous and anonymous.

He’s definitely the kind of player that when things are going well you don’t care the defence is rubbish but when the pressure is high he just vanishes. It’s one reason why Man City do so well - they don’t have a high quality defence but it doesn’t matter. Our attack isn’t consistent as Man City to justify a weak link in defence.

One thing I really like about Liverpool is how they seemingly easily reverse pressure from The full backs and Virgil Van Dijks passing. A lot of defending happens by making teams scared to attack you. We don’t really have that yet in defence so the attackers need to be better defenders. It’s why I think albrighton got into the side more and more. He’s arguably less productive than Barnes but his intelligence and awareness and ability to be in the right area is much better.
  • Swiss Ramble is the messi of football finance.

Two really good reads:

1) why liverpool have no money to spend

https://twitter.com/SwissRamble/status/1302855202089971713?s=09

2)https://twitter.com/SwissRamble/status/1300321535178289152?s=09

Why chelsea can spend so much without breaking ffp
  • It’s Interesting and unsurprising that both teams spent loads after selling players for 100m +.
  • Crayon, how much do you know about the defender you signed from atlanta? Is he a LB? Alex Telles is being hawked around PL clubs at moment (Porto LB), seems a very good player (now linked with wolves). I would have thought him and perrera as your fullbacks would give you some awesome attacking options from outwide.
  • I know nothing about him other than he mainly plays as a centre back or a wing back on the opposite side of Chillwell. He’s well liked by Atalanta fans though it seems which is a good sign.

I think we may be playing 3-5-2 a bit next year if we get a good centre back.
  • Castagne is solid enough, aye. Not quite one of the 'stars' of Atalanta last season like Gosens, Hateboer or Ilicic but still.

Read that Villa are about to sign a Ollie Watkins from Brentford for 28m? To rise to 32m with add ons? Sorry what? Whom? Can someone explain please. Fucking fuck me dot gif.
  • Brentford are smart and are rinsing a flush Villa.

He’s a pretty good striker at championship level but all his goals seemingly come from being in a good spot amongst bad defenders. Still all of his goals are open play as well so no buffed stats there.
  • Yeeeesh. Games gone, etc.

/gammonythoughts
  • All 28 Premier League fixtures in September will be televised live, with Leicester City's home match against Burnley to be broadcast on the BBC.

Sky Sports and BT Sport had already selected 17 games for the first three matches rounds of the new season, which starts on Saturday.

Of the remaining 11, Sky will show six, BT Sport three, and the BBC and Amazon Prime will broadcast one each.

Leicester and Burnley will meet on 20 September with kick-off at 19:00 BST.
    iosGameCentre:T3hDaddy;
    XBL: MistaTeaTime
  • Our humiliation will be for free.
  • Mike Cashley spending the money. Jamal Lewis joins Newcastle from Norwich.

More importantly Leeds Utd are trying to get Julian Draxler on loan from PSG. Fecking hell.
  • Brentford are smart and are rinsing a flush Villa.

He’s a pretty good striker at championship level but all his goals seemingly come from being in a good spot amongst bad defenders. Still all of his goals are open play as well so no buffed stats there.

Teams are desperate for goals. Talk of batshayi going go Palace and even Rhian Brewster being allowed to leave liverpool.
  • Grealish must have slept with south gates mum or something.
  • In a threesome with his daughter.

Feel sorry for Kalvin Phillips, to go from the Bielsa set up to the Scrote's. Three defenders, another anchorman. Insane.
    Don't wank. Zinc in your sperms
  • Its come to this, Leeds players in the England squad.
  • Kalvin Phillips is a class player. If man I bought him it would be for 60 mill at least..then he'll be shit
    Don't wank. Zinc in your sperms
  • Woodward would end up unveiling this:

n1T5cgV.jpg
  • The Daddy
    All 28 Premier League fixtures in September will be televised live, with Leicester City's home match against Burnley to be broadcast on the BBC. Sky Sports and BT Sport had already selected 17 games for the first three matches rounds of the new season, which starts on Saturday. Of the remaining 11, Sky will show six, BT Sport three, and the BBC and Amazon Prime will broadcast one each. Leicester and Burnley will meet on 20 September with kick-off at 19:00 BST.

Further to this, sky are broadcasting 4 games for free on Pick (Freeview channel 11) in the first two set of fixtures, with more likely to be confirmed for late September and October.

West Ham vs Newcastle
    Sheffield United vs Wolves
    Newcastle vs Brighton
    Aston Villa vs Sheffield United
    iosGameCentre:T3hDaddy;
    XBL: MistaTeaTime
  • Its come to this, Leeds players in the England squad.

Leeds players who’ve never played premier league football or for England at any level no less!

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!