Sport Club Greek Mega Thread
  • Pretty much complete control from Liverpool, there.

Didn’t bother getting out of 2nd gear after going 2-0 up.

Could have been so different though. If we hadn’t sold Lovren, he’d have played! Doesn’t bear thinking about.
    360 - optimark prime PSN - optimark_prime twitter - @optimark_prime
  • It's a bit early in the season for Chelsea, but that was dominant. Helped by the red card, and that hopeless clown in goal.
  • I dislike that all the games so far have been comfortable away wins. Hopefully we ruin a few accumulators.
  • I dislike that all the games so far have been comfortable away wins. Hopefully we ruin a few accumulators.
  • Tielemans pass there. Absolute filthy business.
  • Because of lock downs we should end the season now.
  • GooberTheHat
    Show networks
    Twitter
    GooberTheHat
    Xbox
    GooberTheHat
    Steam
    GooberTheHat

Send message
    The hand ball at the end of the S Hampton - Spurs game was never a hand ball
  • Neither was the one against United tbh.

It’s a stupid rule change, any random contact with a hand is now handball and a penalty.
  • GooberTheHat
    Show networks
    Twitter
    GooberTheHat
    Xbox
    GooberTheHat
    Steam
    GooberTheHat

Send message
    It's a really stupid rule change, and does nothing to benefit the sport.
  • It’s a bit churlish but I think Burnley’s first goal shouldn’t have counted because of handball.
  • Is this the T shirt rule?
    There was var drama (varmra?) in the Leicester game over that as well.

How is t shirt length a good measure. Surely they should use wrist,elbow or shoulder. What are going to do in a months time when players start wearing long sleeves?
  • GooberTheHat
    Show networks
    Twitter
    GooberTheHat
    Xbox
    GooberTheHat
    Steam
    GooberTheHat

Send message
    Is it handball if the defender blocks a shot to his balls with his hands as part of a wall?
  • It wasn't before as it was in the silhouette of the body so makes no difference to play. God knows now.
  • newcastle are playing shit, but i don't see how that was such a 'clear' penalty. great tackle for me...

Just seen this for the first time on MOTD, and yeah it looked a perfectly reasonable tackle.

EDIT: not that it matters too much when you get completely battered by the opposition all game (judging from the highlights)
  • Hmm we didn’t look good at all today but I gotta say any Liverpool fans thinking that was comfortable and a good sign of things to come didn’t have the same opinion of their performance. Thought they looked lacklustre, no cutting edge, losing the ball too easily and not working so hard to get it back. If we’d been more settled as a side, and not lost a player through, well, not having decent centre backs, I’d have fancied us to get the points.

Great debut for alcantara (although I’d question reading too much into passing stats against ten men), sure. But I’m downgrading Liverpool from champs to top three.
  • I thought we won at a canter and never really needed to step it up, although the fixture list handed us an advantage by playing Chelsea before any of their new players have had a chance to settle in.
  • Yeah could be that we were so poor that you didn’t need to put the real effort in I suppose.

Doesn’t matter how many players we buy unless they include centre backs and a goalie who can actually keep goal
  • I wasn’t trying to be offensive, it was a big away game at a rival ground and we set up to keep it tight and not be overly expansive. Obviously once the sending off came we went for it a bit more, but then two goals in five minutes at the start of the 2nd half killed the game and we didn’t see the point in expending too much energy on a match that seemed won (which led to some sloppiness and conceding a daft penalty).

There were moments when you had opportunities, but they never developed into anything that threatening. You looked much better in the cup last year where you were more on the front foot and going at us.

It wasn’t faultless or amazing from us, but it got the job done.

It’s all too early to read much into anyway, Chelsea will be alright although like you say sorting out the other end of the pitch should be the priority. And getting rid of that keeper, dear god.
  • Funkstain wrote:

Doesn’t matter how many players we buy unless they include centre backs and a goalie who can actually keep goal

My mum supports Chelsea but doesn't follow anything in depth but boy does she have it in for Kepa. Started with that embarrassment on BBC, cant remember if it was a late league match or FA Cup.

Told her earlier that Chelsea lost and people dont seem happy with the keeper, her response was "oooh god, he isnt playing that ffffffffff... useless, get rid of him, sell him to whoever will have him for free".

I tell ya if mama Div saw Kepa on the street she would give him a look that would shatter his soul. I know I've been on the receiving end of it in the past.
  • What actually is the handball rule this season? 

If the defender is in posession of arms then a penalty is awarded to the attacking team?
  • Fuck knows but apparently breaking it down frame by frame fixes it.
    Why have definitive rules when you can guess in slow motion.

The state of the sport is in dire straights because they have decided Alan Shearer on Saturday night is more important than the ref on the pitch.
  • The hand ball at the end of the S Hampton - Spurs game was never a hand ball
    LarryDavid wrote:
    Neither was the one against United tbh.
    And to top it off, there was one in the Arsenal game that was very similar to those, but wasn't given. So it's not like we can expect consistency either.
  • What actually is the handball rule this season? 

If the defender is in posession of arms then a penalty is awarded to the attacking team?

If the ball hits shirt, then you’re okay. So the top of the arm is fine, below the line of the shirt isn’t. Change came in this year.
  • Paul the sparky
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Paul the sparky
    PSN
    Neon_Sparks
    Steam
    Paul_the_sparky

Send message
    Just seen the Spurs one there, I've no idea where we're at with hand balls now like. I thought if it takes a deflection close to the player then it's not hand ball? There's no time to react.

I thought the Newcastle one was a pen though, got a bit of the ball but went through the kid to get it.
  • LivDiv wrote:
    Is this the T shirt rule?
    There was var drama (varmra?) in the Leicester game over that as well.

How is t shirt length a good measure. Surely they should use wrist,elbow or shoulder. What are going to do in a months time when players start wearing long sleeves?

Maybe but the bbc photo made it looked like it hit his exposed bicep so the T-shirt thing is irrelevant.

I think teams should have coloured sleeves and if it hits any of that it’s a hand ball.
  • LarryDavid wrote:
    newcastle are playing shit, but i don't see how that was such a 'clear' penalty. great tackle for me...
    Just seen this for the first time on MOTD, and yeah it looked a perfectly reasonable tackle. EDIT: not that it matters too much when you get completely battered by the opposition all game (judging from the highlights)
    oh yeah. it could have been 5-0 to them, just not including the penalty! ;)
    "Like i said, context is missing."
    http://ssgg.uk
  • Brighton will struggle because their strikers are donkey. They would have done better v Chelsea and did nothing after the first ten minutes despite sounding like they were creaming Newcastle.

It’s a damn shame because their football outside the box looked top six class.
  • Brighton played nice stuff, but i'd say it's pretty easy to look good against a team that aren't really interested in pressing or tackling when you have the ball, in favour of standing in their own box waiting to block shots and crosses.
    After scoring so early, Brighton could have had 99% possession if they weren't so greedily trying to score more goals! ;)
    "Like i said, context is missing."
    http://ssgg.uk
  • Brighton were also good against Chelsea. Two is not a fluke and also they worked their way out of trouble with very nice passing. It was good outside the opposition.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!