Show networks
    Xbox
    Paul the sparky
    PSN
    Neon_Sparks
    Steam
    Paul_the_sparky

Send message
    Banter dictates he has to go to Celtic now.

Him or Rafa would be great stuff
  • You're right Sparks. I thought for a while he may get a bit more time - he did a great job blooding a bunch of youngsters, and the recruitments have been great (if not firing right now for sure) - but it would've been unprecedented for Abramovich / Granovskaia after a run like his. Yes only 6 weeks - but that matches

Ancelotti's "bad period"
    Conte's bad run
    Mourinho's bad runs
    AVB's bad runs
    Sarri's bad runs

etc etc. 6-8 weeks of shit at Chelsea, and you're done. Only exception is they gave Jose a bit more time in his seasonus miserabilus, when we were like 2 points above relegation zone in december
  • That chelsea statement was pretty daming Tuchel confirmed.
  • Paul the sparky
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Paul the sparky
    PSN
    Neon_Sparks
    Steam
    Paul_the_sparky

Send message
    I suppose Lampard thought his legend status would have bought him more time. As well as the stuff like he's still new to management, the transfer embargo etc
  • yeah well transfer embargo pretty much moot: kovacic and pulisic last season, and £200M+ this season.

New to mgmt doesn't protect, if anything it makes you more vulnerable.

And granovskaia couldn't give two shits about status. it's competing for league and/or champs league or nothing, and you'd better be dong that quick.
  • Lampard shouldn’t have been anywhere near the Chelsea job after a merely above average one season at derby.

He rode on the coattails of a team that won the europa league and finished third and scraped fourth by a point in part because of Leicester’s clowning at the end of last year.

He has three fast strikers but plays constant giroud ball and then doesn’t play giroud.

Chelsea’s best success has often come from firing people. They get to two champions league (winning one) finals with substitute teachers in charge. Basically I imagine a huge number managers at Chelsea have a greater than one trophy per season because they are there mostly for less than a season.
  • Abramovich has released a statement. Thats rare for him. Basically Frank is a pal, but hes a shite manager.
  • Al that said: I can't remember a personal statement from Abramovich before
  • Fuck you nick it's my club not yours!
  • The other thing is there is a hefty chance that chelsea might be fighting Liverpool and Tottenham for fourth spot and I think I’d bet on Klopp and Mourinho over lampard to turn it around.
  • Funkstain wrote:
    Fuck you nick it's my club not yours!

What post are you referring to?
  • I was being silly about him beating me to the “abramovich” statement
  • Oh wait that was you sorry!

Ahem

Fuck you dino it’s my club not yours!
  • Funkstain wrote:
    Oh wait that was you sorry!

Ahem

Fuck you dino it’s my club not yours!

Thats better :)
  • Funkstain wrote:
    Fuck you nick it's my club not yours!

:shakesfist:
  • seems a bit harsh and kneejerk decision to me, but then that seems to be the Chelsea way and so far it's seemed to work for them.
    Funny though cos it was only a few months ago OGS was about to get sacked and they stuck with him and look where they are now... :(
    "Like i said, context is missing."
    http://ssgg.uk
  • Yes and arteta and others

it is what it is at Chelsea: if you have a slump lasting more than 6 weeks, which includes an abject defeat or two at the hands of title contenders, then you're done, you're out. Just a matter of time.

History and potential counts for nothing. 6 weeks+ of league shite, even if you started the slump in first, = bye bye

the only exception I can think of is Jose mk2, but he started his slump from the start of the season (v unusual for Chelsea, usually strong starters) so maybe that changed things, also mk2 etc.
  • Tottenham are labouring this game.
  • Ndomboles second is a great goal.

Wycombe unfortunately on the end of a four one drubbing.
  • Barcelona in massive financial trouble. €820mil gross debt and €1.4 billion of liabilities. €420mil needs to be repayed this summer. Gulp. Well Messi is deffo off then. That would be a start.

https://www.football-espana.net/2021/01/25/barcelonas-financial-struggles-e820m-of-gross-debt-e1-4billion-of-liabilities

https://www.lavanguardia.com/deportes/20210111/6179486/austeridad-insolvencia.html
  • Paul the sparky
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Paul the sparky
    PSN
    Neon_Sparks
    Steam
    Paul_the_sparky

Send message
    Tiger (and our other Luton fans if we have any) what do you make of Graeme Jones? Rumours that he's not just coming as a coach but to replace the cabbage headed charlatan seen sticking his tongue out in our technical area. Apparently he likes attacking football?
  • Not a big fan. Played some ok stuff with him, and yes, attacking football. Outplayed a lot of teams and then inevitably lost. His remit was to keep us up and he just wouldn't adapt the game plan.

We would have been relegated last year if we didn't change manager.

So plenty to be optimistic about.
  • Wikipedia has him already in charge.
  • The new rule interpretation has some real fudge in it. It’s got a thing about an “immediate impact” so I guess mings had a chance to make two touches or one extremely considered touch. I’m not sure how Ollie Watkins advantage can’t be considered “immediate” in his goal vs Newcastle.
  • Paul the sparky
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Paul the sparky
    PSN
    Neon_Sparks
    Steam
    Paul_the_sparky

Send message
    Was Watkins not behind the ball when it was played anyway? I wasn't too bothered by that one to be honest, although I do agree with your problem with using that as an example for a player not immediately interfering. He's going to get on the end of the cross if Schär doesn't try to get something on it.

They should have gone away, looked at it, decided on something and saw how the change in the rule would have played out for the rest of the season before implementing it next season
  • I think with the Watkins one they didn’t check it because Schar does a kick type thing so it more easily fits the model of a new phase (not gaining an advantage because he receives it as a result of a deliberate action). Whereas the Mings one is a bit more ambiguous because he chests it and Rodri has to go in his personal area to get the ball (what does receive mean? Yes rodri takes it but you could argue that mings pushes it out away from himself, even though it’s a few inches rather than feet in the case of schar, for example)
  • I think with the Watkins one they didn’t check it because Schar does a kick type thing so it more easily fits the model of a new phase (not gaining an advantage because he receives it as a result of a deliberate action). Whereas the Mings one is a bit more ambiguous because he chests it and Rodri has to go in his personal area to get the ball (what does receive mean? Yes rodri takes it but you could argue that mings pushes it out away from himself, even though it’s a few inches rather than feet in the case of schar, for example)

I feel sympathy for Mings. Had he headed it away he’d have likely just given possession back to Man City, so he tried to control the ball as he was in reasonable space.
    360 - optimark prime PSN - optimark_prime twitter - @optimark_prime
  • I've not seen the Mings one, but IMO the watkins/schar one should absolutely be an offside (if Watkins was offside when the cross was made which I'm not sure about and they didn't look).
    If a defender can play people onside just by trying to cut out a cross/pass/shot and not quite manage it, then the whole thing is fucked.
    "Like i said, context is missing."
    http://ssgg.uk
  • Paul the sparky
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Paul the sparky
    PSN
    Neon_Sparks
    Steam
    Paul_the_sparky

Send message
    Aye, deliberately playing the ball needs to mean more than getting a touch on it but still not being able to stop the ball reaching its intended target.

Anyway, Webbins is quiet. Must be shaking like a shitting dog at the thought of his Leeds side taking on Super Steve's rampant mags

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!