Sport Club Greek Mega Thread
  • Chelsea have played well but should be out of sight over the two games. Really wasteful.
  • LivDiv wrote:
    I think it would be a safe bet on City beating either of these teams.

Hopefully not. No one stopped me, so I put some cash on us to win. And tonight we’ve contained RM easily, other than benzema’s two efforts.

God damn though if we lose tonight after missing those chances…
  • Highlight from tonight: Havertz looking very sharp
  • Lowlight: Mount is tired
  • Well that was fun for a bit.

Real are complete doggo. How did Liverpool lose to them.
  • If haaland goes to Madrid while Zidane is still there he is going to waste years of his career.
  • Funkstain wrote:
    Lowlight: Mount is tired

Ha
  • Hazard though feelsbadman
  • I feel like Chelsea should rest all their first team players until the champions league final now.
  • Chelsea have looked solid. Well organised and energetic. What are Madrid though? They just look like they can’t be arsed.
    iosGameCentre:T3hDaddy;
    XBL: MistaTeaTime
  • Liked what I saw from Chelsea during the parts I've seen. Rudiger and Azpi both solid as fuck, Kante doing Kante shit which is always class, and Havertz looking really sharp which is great to see tbh. Deserved.

Oh, Frank.
  • Chelsea look a great young side.
    They need to be more clinical and thats where I think City will win.
    Who knows though on the day such is the joy of cup finals.
  • Kante is an incredible player. Rudi better than he’s ever been, beast mode today. Silva so calm and one step ahead and yes, Havertz had his best game, looked class above today. Dave shining in his weird wing back role. City a major hurdle but we could actually do this
  • Definitely could. Need to press brilliantly, defend in a low block superbly and be ruthless on the counter.
    GT: Knight640
  • Is that not basically how Di Matteo won it as well?
  • For me either side is in with a shot. They’re both very similar.
  • Is that not basically how Di Matteo won it as well?

Not really. Firstly I'm not sure Roberto had much to do with things. Secondly we were totally under the cosh for the entire semi second leg and the final.

There wasn't much pressing at all in 2012 especially in the final, and there wasn't much counter-attacking. I suppose being pedantic you could argue that the low block defence was incredible, yes, and in the single counter attack we were ruthless?

This feels very different. We made an admittedly average Real Madrid side look totally toothless. If they hadn't've had Benzema it would have been even worse for them, not sure they'd've forced a single save. The second half was embarrassing - I thought they'd come out blazing but we totally snuffed them out.
  • Clean sweep for the champions in the Scottish Football Writers POTY.

And rightly so. This debate has raged within me and on the timelines of every fan since the new year. Since I'm off work and waiting for her to shower, I'll divulge a bit on here for my own entertainment. I've been back and forth between all four but hopefully by the end I'll have a better idea.

James Tavernier - RB. The captain. El Capi. Man like Tav. Even despite his incredible attacking numbers, 16 goals and 10 assists from that position, I feel him winning it would be more symbolic than anything. He's been written off by almost everybody up here, fans included. After those ill-fated matchday programme notes where he effectively admitted we feared other teams, after all the OF drubbings where he led us out, I did feel his time would end with us and he'd be remembered as the Almost Man. What a remarkable turnaround. We missed him a fair bit when that knee injury took him out of the last few months. Shows how much he means to us. Leads this team with pride and distinction, scorer of memorable and crucial goals, and whips a ball into the mixer as good as any I've seen. If anyone is deserving of a season like this, it's JT. O Captain, My Captain. I'll love you forever.

Connor Goldson - CB. Big Goldy. Big Thanos. Just simply Connor. Every single match started. Every single minute played. Ten goals conceded in the league all season. The double against Celtic, megging that clown old teammate of his Duffy whilst he was on his knees. There's so much he's done that's been so brilliant for so long, that's it just become normal. Clean sheets are food and drink. Every header gets won. Positionally, he's amazing. And no matter who's beside him (Helander, Balogun, or young Jack Simpson), he ends up making them look like better players. He's the rock that this season was built on. To come back from his heart troubles whilst at Brighton to this is nothing short of amazing. He's the smart choice, just for the sheer consistency. A brilliant centre-back just going Beast Mode on the whole league. Love you Connor.

Allan McGregor - GK. Greegs. Fucking Greegs, man. Hahahaha. Back once again after proving everyone down south of his quality, getting him on a free was just sensational business. He's all about standards. Every day, every session, every match. Get better and better and better. He's a madman on the park. If that opposition team gets even a whiff of a chance, the unit in front gets it. If they make him work? Oh god, get the bleep button out. Barry Ferguson once said a top keeper gets you 15 to 20 points a season, and that is definitely the case here. The countless one-on-ones he's dealt with superbly, that fucking fingertip save from Griffiths in October..... Man, talk about Sliding Doors moments. Season-defining. He just does it week in, week out, and shows no sign of letting up at his age. He can go for years more, imo. He's Rangers through and through. He's the best. He's simply our Allan McGregor. Now the true GOAT of gers keepers, no question.

Steven Davis - CM. The Ulster Xavi. The Maestro. Davo. You Are My Davis, My Steven Davis. Cinty, bro, brer, brother, mate... Hold me close. Man... What is left to say? He's 36 and he's played close to 90mins in 46 games for us, and he's done a full calendar with Norn Iron. He's a rare vintage, a cut above the rest. The amount of times in games this season he's left me speechless with his tenacity and bravery. Give the man the ball anywhere, in any situation, and he makes the right choice. Man on him? Fine. Two men? Not a problem, gees it. He's pulled the strings in our best performances, strolling about the park as if he's just playing a game with his mates. You ever been to a 5aside centre and whilst waiting to get on your park, you look across and see some old boy absolutely bossing it, with incredible feet? That's what it's like. Slippers on, cigs ahhht, Davos come to show the lads how it's done. I love him so so so much. And to top it all off, mate, MATE, an overhead kick in an Old Firm??? Bruv r u mad????? He makes me happy when skies are grey. He'll never know dear, how much I love him.

Please don't take my Davis away. He's got to be my pick.

Sigh. What a year, man.
  • Davis. Davis. Davis. Davis. Davis. Davis. Davis. Davis. Davis. Davis. Davis. Davis. Davis. Davis. Davis. Davis. Davis. Davis. Davis. Davis. Davis.
  • Steven Davis - CM. The Ulster Xavi. The Maestro. Davo. You Are My Davis, My Steven Davis. Cinty, bro, brer, brother, mate... Hold me close. Man... What is left to say? He's 36 and he's played close to 90mins in 46 games for us, and he's done a full calendar with Norn Iron. He's a rare vintage, a cut above the rest. The amount of times in games this season he's left me speechless with his tenacity and bravery. Give the man the ball anywhere, in any situation, and he makes the right choice. Man on him? Fine. Two men? Not a problem, gees it. He's pulled the strings in our best performances, strolling about the park as if he's just playing a game with his mates. You ever been to a 5aside centre and whilst waiting to get on your park, you look across and see some old boy absolutely bossing it, with incredible feet? That's what it's like. Slippers on, cigs ahhht, Davos come to show the lads how it's done. I love him so so so much. And to top it all off, mate, MATE, an overhead kick in an Old Firm??? Bruv r u mad????? He makes me happy when skies are grey. He'll never know dear, how much I love him.

It’s a great post but this para is amazing. And not just because of Davis. Davis. Davis.
  • Clean sweep for the champions in the Scottish Football Writers POTY.

And rightly so. This debate has raged within me and on the timelines of every fan since the new year. Since I'm off work and waiting for her to shower, I'll divulge a bit on here for my own entertainment. I've been back and forth between all four but hopefully by the end I'll have a better idea.

James Tavernier - RB. The captain. El Capi. Man like Tav. Even despite his incredible attacking numbers, 16 goals and 10 assists from that position, I feel him winning it would be more symbolic than anything. He's been written off by almost everybody up here, fans included. After those ill-fated matchday programme notes where he effectively admitted we feared other teams, after all the OF drubbings where he led us out, I did feel his time would end with us and he'd be remembered as the Almost Man. What a remarkable turnaround. We missed him a fair bit when that knee injury took him out of the last few months. Shows how much he means to us. Leads this team with pride and distinction, scorer of memorable and crucial goals, and whips a ball into the mixer as good as any I've seen. If anyone is deserving of a season like this, it's JT. O Captain, My Captain. I'll love you forever.

Connor Goldson - CB. Big Goldy. Big Thanos. Just simply Connor. Every single match started. Every single minute played. Ten goals conceded in the league all season. The double against Celtic, megging that clown old teammate of his Duffy whilst he was on his knees. There's so much he's done that's been so brilliant for so long, that's it just become normal. Clean sheets are food and drink. Every header gets won. Positionally, he's amazing. And no matter who's beside him (Helander, Balogun, or young Jack Simpson), he ends up making them look like better players. He's the rock that this season was built on. To come back from his heart troubles whilst at Brighton to this is nothing short of amazing. He's the smart choice, just for the sheer consistency. A brilliant centre-back just going Beast Mode on the whole league. Love you Connor.

Allan McGregor - GK. Greegs. Fucking Greegs, man. Hahahaha. Back once again after proving everyone down south of his quality, getting him on a free was just sensational business. He's all about standards. Every day, every session, every match. Get better and better and better. He's a madman on the park. If that opposition team gets even a whiff of a chance, the unit in front gets it. If they make him work? Oh god, get the bleep button out. Barry Ferguson once said a top keeper gets you 15 to 20 points a season, and that is definitely the case here. The countless one-on-ones he's dealt with superbly, that fucking fingertip save from Griffiths in October..... Man, talk about Sliding Doors moments. Season-defining. He just does it week in, week out, and shows no sign of letting up at his age. He can go for years more, imo. He's Rangers through and through. He's the best. He's simply our Allan McGregor. Now the true GOAT of gers keepers, no question.

Steven Davis - CM. The Ulster Xavi. The Maestro. Davo. You Are My Davis, My Steven Davis. Cinty, bro, brer, brother, mate... Hold me close. Man... What is left to say? He's 36 and he's played close to 90mins in 46 games for us, and he's done a full calendar with Norn Iron. He's a rare vintage, a cut above the rest. The amount of times in games this season he's left me speechless with his tenacity and bravery. Give the man the ball anywhere, in any situation, and he makes the right choice. Man on him? Fine. Two men? Not a problem, gees it. He's pulled the strings in our best performances, strolling about the park as if he's just playing a game with his mates. You ever been to a 5aside centre and whilst waiting to get on your park, you look across and see some old boy absolutely bossing it, with incredible feet? That's what it's like. Slippers on, cigs ahhht, Davos come to show the lads how it's done. I love him so so so much. And to top it all off, mate, MATE, an overhead kick in an Old Firm??? Bruv r u mad????? He makes me happy when skies are grey. He'll never know dear, how much I love him.

Sigh. What a year, man.

The big takeway from all this is, surely, that James Tavernier was an OF OG
    Don't wank. Zinc in your sperms
  • Three years ago on the 15th and 29th Apr we played Celtic with an aggregate score of 9-0 to them across both games. He captained both.

It's been some ride.
  • Ok, that explains it - I go for OF drubbings for far worse reasons :)
    Don't wank. Zinc in your sperms
  • Come on Villarreal!
  • Shane Duffy's loan season is over. Injured for the last two games so he's done. £2m in fees and on 30k a week (more than some starting XI's in the league btw), he came up here posting it big licks with photos of himself painted on the ends of rows of houses, indulged himself in this shite too:

, and thought he was going to stroll it, win the Terry Munro and go home a legend at his boyhood club.

*Curb theme plays*

Can't believe he's gone RIP you will live on forever, I wanna run to you, can't believe this@

Get it right fucking up you. You are the gold standard in complete donkey signings that will forever be the reference point. Aye, he's bad, but is he Shane Duffy bad? Lmao, I send no regards you utter clown.
  • Can’t believe clubs watching their budget make bad big money signings.

*Cries in Osvaldo*
  • We got Davo on a free but I hope you don't grudge that one ;)
  • I know it wouldn't have counted but what a save by DDG
    Live, PSN & WiiU: Yippeekiyey
  • They need to start time limiting VAR. If it's taking this long to decide, it's not clear and obvious.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!