Happy Non-Lunar New Year
  • Happy new year everyone. Started the year playing Lords of the fallen. That way I know it's going to get better.
    Sometimes here. Sometimes Lurk. Occasionally writes a bad opinion then deletes it before posting..
  • Welcome Rev!
    Come with g if you want to live...
  • I'm seeing Star Wars today!
  • It is 2017. Prepare for combat.
  • Happy New Bear Year all.
    PSN: Trampoline_Hero | Switcheroo: SW-4808-6417-1689
  • davyK
    Show networks
    Xbox
    davyK13
    Steam
    dbkelly

Send message
    The party was quite good last night - we almost missed the countdown at 12. The secret is keeping it to family and friends and have a mix of ages. The natural filtering process is such that bores and arseholes don't attend so the company was good.

I was quite pissed.

Loads of pics on Facebook and I'm only in one of them - a blurred image of me downing some Bohemian Absinthe (70%abv).

The entire ground floor is sticky - it's tiled save a couple of rooms with sturdy laminate so a mop will sort that. We appear to have made a net profit on Prosecco judging by the number of empties I have bagged and the number of bottles in gift bags. We are swimming in Smirnoff vodka for some reason. That's the one thing we usually run dry on because of the daughters and their chums. A few litre bottles were emptied though.

Wifey cooks bulk stuff such as Lasagne etc. and most of that was KO-ed which is always a good sign. I of course hardly ate anything as usual.

Last memory is of being DJ on the Youtube app on the TV.

Happy New Year folks.
    Holding the wrong end of the stick since 2009.
  • Sounds great pencil me in for 2017.

I can bring prosseco
    The Forum Herald™
  • 69070_2.jpg

BOSH!

'Ave it!

New Year, new fackin' challenge. Danny fackin' Dyer, into the future. 2017?! Jeez ... I'm boldly going where no geezer has ever gone before.

The internet?! I never thought I'd see the day when I could have a barney with some geezer in China without even leavin' me fackin' chaise lounge! Technology's the bollocks innit?

I'll be keepin' it dusty and I do believe all you slags out there should follow suit. No bullshit, no bollocks, just pure havin' it large, 24/7. That's the Dyer way. It's a time of joy, a time of celebration but it ain't a time for no two-bit slags to go around causing a palavar, kicking up a stink, terrorising little kiddies and frightening me Dear old Nan. (Nan, luv ya always.)

So be well, be lucky, keep keepin' on and have a fackin' great year. Or else....
    Dyer, innit. Later slags.
  • I thought he was dead for a second.
  • davyK
    Show networks
    Xbox
    davyK13
    Steam
    dbkelly

Send message
    I've just realised that my head is sore.
    Holding the wrong end of the stick since 2009.
  • Bosh!
    The Forum Herald™
  • I for one am backing Dyer for 2017.
  • He could be maayer of fahkin' Lahndun.
  • That would be well peng.
  • Nang mate, you meant nang. 

Wasteman.
    "Let me tell you, when yung Rouj had his Senna and Mansell Scalextric, Frank was the goddamn Professor X of F1."
  • Brooks wrote:
    It is 2017. Prepare for combat.

Yup.
  • The more I see and hear of Danny dyer the more I like him.
  • That's good because he'll probably be prime minister in 18 months.
  • Fuck that you pansy, he's got really royal blood, king or nothing bitch.
    The Forum Herald™
  • What’s he actually famous for? I mean, how did he become famous?
  • He was best in severance 

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0464196/
    The Forum Herald™
  • Football Factory is his magnum opus.
  • regmcfly
    Show networks
    Twitter
    regmcfly
    Xbox
    regmcfly
    PSN
    regmcfly
    Steam
    martinhollis
    Wii
    something

Send message
    Again, anyone who refers to UFOs as "that mob up there" is doing something right.
  • 2016: A Year in Review

article-2452400-0002B75C000001F4-470_634x947.jpg

presented by Harold Redknapp Esq.

Cor, what a bleedin' year, eh? 2016. A year that will live long in the memory. I hope so anyway, as I've told my agent I ain't poncing about Googling stuff that happened months ago just to fill out this poxy article.

I'll be honest, in 2016 quite often I've turned on the telly, sat down in front of the news and thought to myself: "what the bleedin' hell is going on out there?" Admittedly, many times it's been because our soddin' remote is on the blink and I've ended up on E! News or the History channel by mistake. I clearly remember June the 14th when I mistakenly got on the blower to our Sandra to tell her that France had fallen to the Germans. Turns out I was watching a programme about World War bleedin' 2! My wife laughs at me sometimes. But once I got the remote figured out and got meself sorted out with a bit of Sky News, I breathed a sigh of relief at the realisation that the Germans had not blitzkrieg-ed their way across Holland, Belgium and the low countries and brought bleedin' pandemonium to mainland France. A close shave.

There's been some bollocks this year though, hasn't there? Sometimes, I look at this world and think: "why can't we all just get along, eh?". Why can't we all just get together and have a good old kickabout? A lovely game of footie, a nice training session, five-a-side or a bit of British Bulldog, and realise that underneath, we're all the same. What a bloomin' year, with all these famous people dying, politics boring us all to death and dominating the news (quite often I turn off the news these days, if I can work out the remote anyway). Poverty, war, financial instability, the terrorists causing all kinds of trouble .... it gets on your tits, don't it? Many times I've turned to my Sandra, or our Jamie and said: "These terrorists are a bloody menace" or "these politicians are a right bunch of charlies!" ... madness, total bloody madness.

Anyway, here's my review of the year, a rundown of the events that shaped our World in the year 2016:

January: Grey, drizzly. Bit of wind - the weather, not the wife. Ahahaha.

Notable events: Got a new fire, her indoors had been givin' me some earache about replacing the old flame effect for a good while but wasn't until January and the spectacular offers available at Ramsden's Fireplaces and Heating that I finally got around to sorting it. Fabulous prices and wonderful customer service. If you're looking for a 'triffic new fire, at rock bottom prices, you know where to go!

February: Cor, it was bleedin' brass monkeys out there.

Notable events: Me 'n Sandra had a right barney this month. It was about Valentine's Day - she weren't happy about the flower's what I bought her, moaning on & on, thought I could've gone out and bought a bigger bunch of em, blah, blah, blah .... "I'm not made of money Sandra" I told her, anyway she stormed off in a huff, didn't even cook me dinner. Moody cow my Sandra. I also went out for some fish 'n' chips that month I remember, same night coincidently. Lovely bit of haddock it was.

March: Nippy.

Notable events: Beats me, I can't remember a bloody thing.

April: Flowers bloomin'. Bloomin' lovely.

Notable events: The Panama Papers came out. A close shave that one. Phew.

May: Brightening up a bit. Out in the garden, got the deckchairs out of the shed. Quite nice, all in all.

Notable events: Egyptian airline went missing. "How do you lose a bloody plane?" I remember remarking to Sandra. Fuckin' jokers these Egyptians. I signed one once, at Pompey it was, he was bloody useless. Couldn't get rid of the bugger for love nor money.

June: Scorchio! For about a day, quite drizzly the rest of the month.

Notable events: BREXIT! Freedom. I've nothing against the Europeans you understand but we need to take back control, innit?

July: Holidays! We always jet off to Spain, you can't beat it. It's like England, but sunnier and with less foreigners.

Notable events: I was on me Holidays. You can't expect me to keep up with the news on the beach can you?

August: Footie season starts again, always a good month for the Redknapp's. Jamie's injured and I've usually got a new job.

Notable events: The Olympics, to my mind second only to the 3rd Round of the Cup in the pantheon of sporting glory. I was lovin' it, sat on the sofa in front of the box, me and the dogs - absolutely 'triffic. A few ongoing issues with the remote meant I missed a couple of events (the swimming, the majority of track and Field, the Tennis). Fucking red button, what a load of bollocks, eh? In my day we had three channels, didn't do us any harm.

September: Changeable. One day's it's 'triffic, next day it's bloody horrible

Notable events: Paris Global Climate Agreement signed. Can't say I was all that bothered.

October: Nights drawing in, etc. Getting darker, visibility reduced ... atmospheric conditions I blame considerably in the events which led to the unfortunate incident involving myself, the Volvo estate and the missus.

Notable events: Accidently ran over the wife. 'I'll never hear the end of this' I thought to meself as I reversed over her ankle. I swear blind I shouted "Sandra, move yer bleedin' fat arse out the driveway you silly mare!" before I put it in reverse but she claims she never heard a peep. Anyway, it's over now. She's alright, and thankfully so is the motor. Bought her a box of Roses to make it up to her. Got a good deal on 'em.

November: Brrrrr. Bloody cold weren't it?

Notable events: Finally, peace in Colombia. "It's about fucking time" I remarked to Sandra, in the Hospital.

December: Christmas. Love it. Turkey, all the trimmings. 'Triffic

Notable events: George Michael carked it. Gutted. I bleedin' loved Club Tropicana. "You can suntan..." the lyrics that boy could think up. Incredible. Suntan in heaven now, George me old son. Sad innit?

Anyway, life goes on. See yer next year! Be lucky...
  • Top work LD :D
  • Yossarian wrote:

"the byword for low-budget, no-quality Brit-trash cinema"

Ah.
  • I love it whenever we get a dose of 'arry.
  • Happy New Year all.  Top Arrying.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!