52 games in a year? How close can you get?
  • 18. Curses 'n' Chaos
    Surprised anyone finished this. It looked very repetitive from what I saw.
    19. Invisible Inc

Give this some time. Don't just do a beginner run and then move on, for example. At least do it on experienced and then give it another go with the DLC switched on.
  • Paul the sparky
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Paul the sparky
    PSN
    Neon_Sparks
    Steam
    Paul_the_sparky

Send message
    Updated to include: 13. Pillars of Eternity 14. Divinity Original Sin: Enchanced Edition 19. Invisible Inc 20. Final Fantasy XII: The Zodiac Age Still need to finish Invisible and FFXII and have some stuff to mop up with a couple of others, so mainly placeholder for now, but they'll be completed soon enough and I'll add mini-reviews when they're all done.

Quite fancy a write up of those when you pull your finger out you cock tease.
  • JonB wrote:
    18. Curses 'n' Chaos
    Surprised anyone finished this. It looked very repetitive from what I saw.

Is that the one screen effort that was on PS+, with maybe 5 different special weapon pick-ups?  I liked it.  Only played it for 20 mins or so but it'd be a good fit for Vita.
  • Yeah. I thought it was OK for 20 minutes, but it seemed very limited and quite frustrating.
  • JonB wrote:
    Yeah. I thought it was OK for 20 minutes, but it seemed very limited and quite frustrating.

It is.
  • Bollockoff
    Show networks
    PSN
    Bollockoff
    Steam
    Bollockoff

Send message
    Re: TT GoT I started to really get tired of how binary the consequences are which limits interest. It's nearly always a choice of two people mauled/slain like we're doing primary school subtraction alongside royale politique.

It's one thing to like about Until Dawn. Comparing survival figures.

How was P of E?
  • The tiresome binary choices were the reason I never got far even in TWD. And seems they still haven't moved on.

I find the success of the TT formula objectionable.
  • How did Cinty play Invis.Inc and end up not doing a 3k megapost for what is clearly one of dah best evah
  • Tempy wrote:
    How did Cinty play Invis.Inc and end up not doing a 3k megapost for what is clearly one of dah best evah

Invis Inc was started a while back but then got put on the back burner - I'll start again and give it a proper go. I really like what I've played so far.
  • Updated with Thumper, which is my first [10] since Ori.
  • Updated with VVVVVV and Ryse.
  • regmcfly
    Show networks
    Twitter
    regmcfly
    Xbox
    regmcfly
    PSN
    regmcfly
    Steam
    martinhollis
    Wii
    something

Send message
    Updated with adventure capitalist and splatoon 2 crossing the half way mark....
  • Need to pick the pace up here...but being away for 10 weeks with super limited game time ruined my plans. Still, more than enough time.
  • regmcfly
    Show networks
    Twitter
    regmcfly
    Xbox
    regmcfly
    PSN
    regmcfly
    Steam
    martinhollis
    Wii
    something

Send message
    Updated with tekken 7 (story and all characters mini stories) and Nier Automata (ending A)
  • regmcfly wrote:
    Nier Automata (ending A)

Nice. Now keep going.
  • regmcfly
    Show networks
    Twitter
    regmcfly
    Xbox
    regmcfly
    PSN
    regmcfly
    Steam
    martinhollis
    Wii
    something

Send message
    Already started
    Spoiler:

Spoiler:
  • Bollockoff
    Show networks
    PSN
    Bollockoff
    Steam
    Bollockoff

Send message
    Updatted wit Lara Croft Go and Tacoma.
  • Currently playing overcooked and only just started so business may pick up. Disappointing. One of those games which is kind of poor really but perhaps enlivened by others or yourself failing to keep interested in successfully doing fiddly (it's too fiddly to get any items anywhere) and boring tasks. No part of it feels good to do.

Ill play a few more levels because it deserves a bit of a chance but I'm not holding my breath.
  • Are you on your tod?
  • I played with my partner and she found it too fiddly but for my second go it was solo.
  • I wouldn't bother on your own. I mean, you can play it solo, but there's a lot of fucking about jumping from one to another.

I'm not sure what is fiddly about it, it's about as basic as you can get.
  • Putting the vegetables in the right place is harder than it needs to be.
  • I've not played it on Switch, but it wasn't that much of an issue for me on PS4, just when I was trying to rush and pressed to early.
  • It shouldn't be an issue at all.
  • Well, what I mean is the issue was me, not the game.
  • Updated with Rime, which makes 37.

chv7PTg.gif
  • MattyJ wrote:
    Oooo interesting. 1) FFXV - *update* finished this today, playtime at end of story was about 75 hours. I absolutely adored this game, I could spend a lot longer in the world than I did, but wanted to push on through the story. There's something not quite tangible about what makes this game special.   2) Dark Souls 3 - Literally started this last night, will try and make it the first Souls game I actually finish! 3) Gears of War 4 - This was surprisingly good, after the shaky first chapter anyway. In the end it was a great campaign full of the Gears nonsense you know and love. Ends a bit abruptly but still an gory, bloody, messy blast. 4) Day Of The Tentacle Remastered - enjoyed this throwback to puzzle games of yore. Some of it is a bit too random and thinking out of the box becomes 'try that thing with every other thing' but it's still good fun and genuine lols too. 5) Halo Wars 2 - If you liked Halo Wars, then you'll like Halo Wars 2. It was actually really great being back in the universe and away from the terrible campaign that was Halo 5. I do just generally enjoy the world that Halo sits in; the units, the combat, the lore... It's fun and interesting to me. Campaign doesn't outstay it's welcome but is a good mix of missions and tactics. I blasted it on normal but can see it being tough on Legendary. Haven't tried proper MP yet as it seems it's a bit of a broken, unbalanced mess at the moment. 6) The Last Guardian - well that's forum game of the year 2016... Sure has its issues and at times a highly frustrating experience, but also very beautiful and intriguing. Enjoyed my time but wouldn't ever go back.

Holy shit nothing since Last Guardian??

So I've now finished:

7) Prey - This was a great 'shock' game in a different shell. Really enjoyed it for the most part, some niggles around combat but mostly great. Wonderful setting and the world is built very well.

8 ) Modern Warfare Remastered - Blasted through the campaign on Hardened, didn't take too long. It's fun to go back, and the campaign certainly did take some steps for the time it came out. It's easy to see the influence on other FPSs and campaigns in general over the next years after this came out. Still frustrating in parts, and just killing people to be able to move forward 10 steps etc.
    I'm falling apart to songs about hips and hearts...
  • Man, I really don't play that many games... Have bounced off a couple though. Currently playing Just Cause 3 as it's free but next purchased game will be Destiny 2.
    I'm falling apart to songs about hips and hearts...
  • Updated with Oxenfree, Journey and Guacemelee, but without a write-up for Oxenfree yet.  It deserves more than a paragraph.
  • Persona 4 just keeps on going....
    I am a FREE. I am not MAN. A NUMBER.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!