52 games in a year? How close can you get?
  • I did Broken Age 2 days ago, and didn't write it up until now.
  • Resi 7 done and also had enough of Wipeout for the time being. Up to 43.

Not much more to play now except some PS+ stuff. Although I've got the 360 set up again and I've been considering another run through Dark Souls...
  • That's too dangerous.

Play something you haven't yet.
  • You’re an inspiration, Jon, playing a game or two at a time and not spending tonnes of money either. Wish I was like you. But I suspect you have a lot more time than me too.
    I am a FREE. I am not MAN. A NUMBER.
  • acemuzzy
    Show networks
    PSN
    Acemuzzy
    Steam
    Acemuzzy (aka murray200)
    Wii
    3DS - 4613-7291-1486

Send message
    I assume I also inspire you, Elf?
  • Don’t be daft. Although you can’t help it.
  • hylian_elf wrote:
    You’re an inspiration, Jon, playing a game or two at a time and not spending tonnes of money either. Wish I was like you. But I suspect you have a lot more time than me too.
    I've had a lot of time this year. First time in ages I've been virtually up to date with new releases.

Started Dark Souls again anyway. Still looks decent but the frame rate certainly takes some getting used to after playing PS4 games. The game itself is still amazing, of course.
  • Up to 36 now, still got a slight chance. Had my next set of nights and leave been this side of Christmas I’d of done it but don’t think that’ll happen now.
  • Updated with Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles: Mutants in Manhattan.  God I hated being a turtle.
  • Updated with LocoCycle... yes LocoCycle... and World of Tanks: War Stories.
    25. LocoCycle - COMPLETED
    17th November - 18th November
    Well somebody had to, might as well be me.  This game is so bad it's good whilst also managing to be so bad it really is bad in equal measures.  To be fair to Twisted Pixel they weren't setting the bar high and they know it, it looked like fun was had in making this game.  Low on concept; AI superbike gets fried by lightning and drags its hapless Mexican mechanic by his ankle on a cross country sprint to reach a biker freedom rally, all the while being pursued by the private army of its maker.  It manages to riff off several games in its five hour run time; Road Rash, 1942, Mortal Combat, Afterburner, and its live action scenes are strangely enjoyable in their shitness... and Sex Machine from From Dusk Till Dawn is in it, it gets an extra point just for that.  I will play worse games than this (6).

26. World of Tanks: War Stories - COMPLETED
    23rd August - 19th November
    War Stories are four short episodic story campaigns featuring graphic novel intros and outros and familiar WoT battle scenarios.  I'm not sure who these are aimed at, new players possibly, there isn't enough new or challenging to entice and hold existing players.  They cannot be called tutorials as they don't fully explain the mechanics of the game and a tutorial already exists that does this better.  Not sure if there was any clamour for story content on the WoT forum either.  But it is inoffensive and free and a slight distraction to the MP and done (6.5).
    GT: WEBBIN5 - A life in formats: Sinclair ZX81>Amstrad CPC 6128>Amiga 500>Sega Megadrive>PC>PlayStation 2>Xbox>DS Lite>Xbox 360>Xbox One>Xbox One X>Xbox Series X>Oculus Quest 2
  • Comic Jumper was one of the worst games I completed last gen, whereas Mr. & Ms. 'Splosion were among the best.  I couldn't face Lococycle after CJ, but it sounds like a similar effort.
  • Moot_Geeza wrote:
    Updated with Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles: Mutants in Manhattan.  God I hated being a turtle.

I’m glad my boy stopped wanting to see a Turtles game so I don’t have to play that shit anymore.
  • Bound makes 44. Definitely did that one for the thread.
  • Not good? I was looking forward to playing that.
  • I thought it was poor, but since it's on plus you might as well give it a try.
  • I’m up to 21 games played this year, but haven’t completed any since Batman. There’s stuff on my list that I played briefly, loved but never went back to (yet) - but I will blame BF1 for that as it has become my go to game whenever I get any time free to play.
    Gamertag: gremill
  • Yeah, I have Destiny 2, Fortnite and FM on the go, which eat up a ton of time, but you can't really 'complete' them.
  • acemuzzy
    Show networks
    PSN
    Acemuzzy
    Steam
    Acemuzzy (aka murray200)
    Wii
    3DS - 4613-7291-1486

Send message
    I'm up to 58 with Polarium
  • 10. Another World 20th Anniversary Edition (PS4)
    This game. This fucking game. So I knew it was supposed to be hard. I heard the horror stories back in the early 90's of people never getting off the first level. But Christ. If you've played it before, it's probably fine, but as it's trial and error gameplay, if you don't know what you have to do... Man. It is however absolutely fucking beautiful, and you can switch between original and new at will. It's all absolutely bang on. They haven't updated the way it plays though. It's an early 90's game with all that entails, so if that puts you off steer clear. I really enjoyed it despite the frustration at times. I love how much it gets over with so little. There's no HUD, and aside from the computer in the opening cutscene, no text. In a world inundated with shite games, it's a crying shame that we've only had 2 games from Éric Chahi in the 26 years since.
  • 11. Titanfall 2 (PS4)
    This is the current leader for the best game played this year. It's a real shame EA are soon to destroy Respawn, because this is just so, so good. A proper blockbuster game, shooting as a Pilot is incredibly satisfying, and then when you get let loose as a Titan whoo boy! I will definitely be back on this  when I'm not chasing completions. My only regret is that there isn't more of the time jumping stuff, because that was a riot. I used that way more than the cloak, because it was just fun to disappear, then come back behind people. BT is a better character than most games give you from human characters as well.

I doubt I'm gonna hit 52 here, but I'm enjoying blasting through stuff now at the end of the year.
  • 10. Another World 20th Anniversary Edition (PS4)
    This game. This fucking game. So I knew it was supposed to be hard. I heard the horror stories back in the early 90's of people never getting off the first level. But Christ. If you've played it before, it's probably fine, but as it's trial and error gameplay, if you don't know what you have to do... Man. It is however absolutely fucking beautiful, and you can switch between original and new at will. It's all absolutely bang on. They haven't updated the way it plays though. It's an early 90's game with all that entails, so if that puts you off steer clear. I really enjoyed it despite the frustration at times. I love how much it gets over with so little. There's no HUD, and aside from the computer in the opening cutscene, no text. In a world inundated with shite games, it's a crying shame that we've only had 2 games from Éric Chahi in the 26 years since.
    I don’t think I should touch Another World again. I replayed Flashback a few years ago. The aesthetics hold up beautifully but the gameplay isn’t really up to snuff and I think it’s tarnished it a bit for me.
  • If you'd never finished it, maybe give it a go. If you did, I'd leave it be.

12. Ratchet & Clank (PS4)
    Not much to say about this game that I've not said before. It's awesome, inventive and hilarious. You can make a tank dance for Gods sake, what more do you want? If you haven't played it, rectify that.
  • Updated with no. 64: Klonoa: Empire of Dreams on GBA.
  • Limbo and Inside for a quick boost to 46. Also done about half of Dark Souls and a chunk of Titanfall 2.

Might just make 52 if I don't start anything big.
  • My aim is 30. Might make it. Might not.
  • acemuzzy
    Show networks
    PSN
    Acemuzzy
    Steam
    Acemuzzy (aka murray200)
    Wii
    3DS - 4613-7291-1486

Send message
    More on?
  • 13. Destiny 2 (PS4) - I could have done this a while ago, but for some reason I never finished off the adventures, which it turns out should probably be played before the Raid. Ah well. So this has been an incredibly divisive game. It's far from perfect, but I'm really enjoying it. One of the few games on this list I'll be continuing to play, and not just for PvP. I could write pages on this game, but I'll just leave it at this. It's fun. Extended play may or may not be fun for you. I love it.
  • I need to do all the adventures too and I’ll call it done for the priorities of this thread. Doubt I’ll get free time to put into the raid. I never have more than an hour or two at a time to play.
  • Updated with 65. TMNT on GBA.  There are a few on the console I think, this was the Ubisoft effort.  

Very good it was too.
  • 22.  Super Mario Odyssey

I'm calling it.  Currently checking out very last level (in level progression terms) which is a corker.  But I have over 60% of the total number of Power Moons (that you get through play) and I opened up first bit of post-credits stuff and... I can't be bothered.

It's been up and down for me.  Some great genius stuff mixed in with some real dull stuff.  Level design has been hit and miss too.  Too much fat and I'm not bothered anymore.  Not a [10] at all but definitely a [9].  And maybe, just maybe, I'm going off Mario anyway.  Bleh.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!