Arranstock(s)
  • I'll be in when I can be in. Just before I left for this trip I booked in leave for March/April 2018. Not sure how much I'll get but I'd probably be up for using part of that for Arranstock.
  • jdanielp
    Show networks
    Facebook
    jdanielp
    Twitter
    jdanielp
    Xbox
    jdanielp
    PSN
    jdanielp_uk
    Steam
    jdanielp_uk

Send message
    This sounds somewhat out of my comfort zone, which probably means that I should try and do it. Having said that, I've got a lot on this year already, but if the timing works out I will see what I can do.
  • I'd be interested in principal, but these days I have to take most of my leave in allocated windows, which makes planning difficult.
  • beano
    Show networks
    Wii
    all the way home.

Send message
    Tempy wrote:
    Clayton and Sonny ftw. The only downside is the tv is sn old crt job but I'll bring a WiiU anyway so I can try and beat Tempy at Mario Kart.
    I can't speak for everyone but I would consider games as a last resort.
    Yeah, you'll not be wanting that when you're there - I never do, but as it's a gaming forum I thought I'd make a token effort.
    I'd rather have a bunch of interesting and light boardgames like Avalon and Monikers on hand. Stuff to instigate vocal nonsense.

We can take you to the distillery, Tempy. Where SG's demands of you drinking more can be met
    "Better than a tech demo. But mostly a tech demo for now. Exactly what we expected, crashes less and less. No multiplayer."
    - BnB NMS review, PS4, PC
  • I've been to it before and got stranded for hours because of Arran's sparse transport links.
  • Yossarian
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Yossarian Drew
    Steam
    Yossarian_Drew

Send message
    Stranded at a distillery sounds pretty amazing, TBH.
  • Skerret
    Show networks
    Facebook
    die
    Twitter
    @CustomCosy
    Xbox
    Skerret
    PSN
    Skerret
    Steam
    Skerret
    Wii
    get tae

Send message
    I'm in, can do Dec this year
    Skerret's posting is ok to trip balls to and read just to experience the ambience but don't expect any content.
    "I'm jealous of sucking major dick!"~ Kernowgaz
  • Yossarian wrote:

Better in theory than in practice.
  • It's a pretty good distillery tbf.
    Gamertag: gremill
  • You could try to make a b 'n b out of the thing.
    Would luv to visit Scotland one day and meeting some of you lot.
    Steam: Ruffnekk
    Windows Live: mr of unlocking
    Fightcade2: mrofunlocking
  • Skerret wrote:
    I'm in, can do Dec this year

Really? It's good in December but the darkness stops too much hillwalking. Although when there's snow on the mountains it can be spectacular. Not many could make that time of year but I probably can as an extra trip but actual Xmas I can't do.
  • Tempy wrote:
    Yossarian wrote:

Better in theory than in practice.

Thumbing a lift is always an option. Unless the car is full I tend to stop.
  • Skerret
    Show networks
    Facebook
    die
    Twitter
    @CustomCosy
    Xbox
    Skerret
    PSN
    Skerret
    Steam
    Skerret
    Wii
    get tae

Send message
    Well I might also be coming over mid year but for OTHER REASONS so will be occupied.
    Skerret's posting is ok to trip balls to and read just to experience the ambience but don't expect any content.
  • You could combine both without me with instructions. You'll just have to let yourself in and there's notes for guests about turning the Aga on and stuff.
  • Just Mentioned it to the wife to see how she'd feel if I left for a long weekend/break whatever.

She gave me a look that suggested a divorce if I leave her alone with our two sons.

So guess I'm out :(
    Not everything is The Best or Shit. Theres many levels between that, lets just enjoy stuff.
  • beano
    Show networks
    Wii
    all the way home.

Send message
    Just give her a weekend away with her friends?
    "Better than a tech demo. But mostly a tech demo for now. Exactly what we expected, crashes less and less. No multiplayer."
    - BnB NMS review, PS4, PC
  • Not as easy as that. Twin boys who both need constant attention and feeding is a bit much to be left alone with for a few days.
    Not everything is The Best or Shit. Theres many levels between that, lets just enjoy stuff.
  • Skerret
    Show networks
    Facebook
    die
    Twitter
    @CustomCosy
    Xbox
    Skerret
    PSN
    Skerret
    Steam
    Skerret
    Wii
    get tae

Send message
    Chaz in Just Mentioned
  • Skerret
    Show networks
    Facebook
    die
    Twitter
    @CustomCosy
    Xbox
    Skerret
    PSN
    Skerret
    Steam
    Skerret
    Wii
    get tae

Send message
    You could combine both without me with instructions. You'll just have to let yourself in and there's notes for guests about turning the Aga on and stuff.
    That sounds alright actually.

• GooberTheHat
    Show networks
    Twitter
    GooberTheHat
    Xbox
    GooberTheHat
    Steam
    GooberTheHat

Send message
    Just Mentioned it to the wife to see how she'd feel if I left for a long weekend/break whatever.

She gave me a look that suggested a divorce if I leave her alone with our two sons.

Had a similar look.
  • Yossarian
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Yossarian Drew
    Steam
    Yossarian_Drew

Send message
    Maybe if you two organise things correctly with Mrs Wookie you can manage a couple of days each?
  • By the time I can come over your boys will be self sufficient anyhow
  • Not as easy as that. Twin boys who both need constant attention and feeding is a bit much to be left alone with for a few days.

Sit her down, take her by the hand, and calmly explain you never asked for twins so it would be unfair for you to lose your "me time". If she's rational, she'll understand.
  • Skerret wrote:
    You could combine both without me with instructions. You'll just have to let yourself in and there's notes for guests about turning the Aga on and stuff.
    That sounds alright actually.

Give me dates as soon as you can and I'll check nobody is staying. It happens occasionally over New Year but not often, so the sooner the better so I can reserve time for you.
  • Skerret
    Show networks
    Facebook
    die
    Twitter
    @CustomCosy
    Xbox
    Skerret
    PSN
    Skerret
    Steam
    Skerret
    Wii
    get tae

Send message
    I will investigate, thanks m8!
  • Right, it's about time to bring this up again. I'm thinking early Autumn, around September. It's great and you all should come for drinks and wellbeing stuff. Especially you.

Booze, isolation, nice views and general Scottish shit sans murder. Fuck the kids and be selfish for a change. You will love it.
  • Just Mentioned it to the wife to see how she'd feel if I left for a long weekend/break whatever.

I'll wager if i suggest this to preggatron I'll get the same treatment.
  • HawBawJaws wrote:
    Just Mentioned it to the wife to see how she'd feel if I left for a long weekend/break whatever.

I'll wager if i suggest this to preggatron I'll get the same treatment.

Especially if you call her Preggatron ;)
  • So what is Arran like in March?

That March April leave period is locked in and I would be happy to use some time in March for an Arranstock as I'm thinking of visiting Rock in Berlin too. Currently the first week of March is out but the rest is free!

Let me know what you think Space.
  • Nobody keen on an Arranstock anymore?

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!