Attach rates – how many games do you buy per console?
  • davyK wrote:
    Whatever collectorz software is I want it. What is it a phone app?

It is now. I have the original old PC client version. But there a mobile version and an associated cloud service.

www.collectorz.com

Nice one, cheers. There's tons of them, downloaded the movie and games ones.

オレノナハ エラー ダ
  • davyK
    Show networks
    Xbox
    davyK13
    Steam
    dbkelly

Send message
    acemuzzy wrote:
    davyK wrote:
    Whatever collectorz software is I want it. What is it a phone app?
    It is now. I have the original old PC client version. But there a mobile version and an associated cloud service. www.collectorz.com
    So if I buy the mobile app can I do stuff (eg graphs) on the desktop app (via synching), or is that a separate purchase?? And this doesn't do eBay values or anything does it?

Think it's an all-in-1 deal for desktop and mobile. There's a standard and pro version but I can't remember the differences now as I bought this years ago. There's a free trial so might be worth a look - it lets you load some games to see how their database performs.
    Holding the wrong end of the stick since 2009.
  • The phone version is free.

Only benefit of paying as far as I can tell is using cloud to sync to all your devices including the PC version.
    オレノナハ エラー ダ
  • Ah bollocks, limited to 100 entries.

£11 for the full version, that's too much.
    オレノナハ エラー ダ
  • davyK
    Show networks
    Xbox
    davyK13
    Steam
    dbkelly

Send message
    They have sales from time to time. That's when I bought mine. I bought the standard edition and upgraded to pro when the sale was on.
  • davyK
    Show networks
    Xbox
    davyK13
    Steam
    dbkelly

Send message
    The cloud service costs £17 a year on top of the app. I don't pay that and I use the old on line lookup database that still works OK.
  • If console attach rates are 5-12 games on average, then for every person like me, there are others buying one or two games per console. That somehow seems more wasteful than all the money I've splurged over the years.
  • I suppose they're just buying all the games I've traded in...
  • Yeah exactly that.
    Only new purchases can account when talking about overall attach rates.
    Or you only count the games on your shelf, not the ones bought and subsequently sold.

Although I think the thread was made in a more relaxed manner, more just chatting about consoles you played lots on.
  • I don't think I ever had more than 4 or 5 PS1 games at any one time. I liked a fair bit on it but they always felt more throw away than my N64 games. Likely because of the purchase price. PS1 games were much, much cheaper than N64.
  • Andy wrote:
    If console attach rates are 5-12 games on average, then for every person like me, there are others buying one or two games per console. That somehow seems more wasteful than all the money I've splurged over the years.

Yep and that's exactly how the debate started in the Switch thread.

People were saying the Wii was a fad and I argued that all consoles are fads and that loads of people only buy a few games.

The Wii attach rate is actually pretty decent, more than PSone in fact.
    オレノナハ エラー ダ
  • On new purchases only, and not including DL only games, I would probably be in the 5-12 range for all consoles post PS1. Maybe not GBA.
  • acemuzzy
    Show networks
    PSN
    Acemuzzy
    Steam
    Acemuzzy (aka murray200)
    Wii
    3DS - 4613-7291-1486

Send message
    I'm still running the maths...

(Not nearly as high as some others here though!)
  • I bought 6 games on my N64.
    I am a FREE. I am not MAN. A NUMBER.
  • I was listening to the 5 Live podcast 'Game On' this morning. They were talking about the Switch, and the host, Adam Rosser, said the Wii had a low attach rate. Until the other day I would've nodded my head in agreement.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!