Rare games / Future collectbles that you own...
  • g.man wrote:

Just clicked that link. It got £40.50 Jesisfuck.
    Ross Kemp Investigative Journalist
    Skullfuck yourself into a fine mist
  • davyK
    Show networks
    Xbox
    davyK13
    Steam
    dbkelly

Send message
    Some of my complete in box SNES stuff seems to go for quite a bit on eBay judging by completed sales.

Castlevania IV, Actraiser, Blackhawk and R-Type III seem pricey.

For Saturn I have Radiant Silvergun (and yes - it does still seem to go for £100 or so depending on condition) and Twinkle Star Sprites which seems to go up and down in price.

Complete PS1 PAL Special Edition of Symphony of the Night which I picked up for nowt pre-owned at Game - although that was at the time the tossers wrote in felt tip on the discs - so it takes a hit in value for that - no idea if its removable for not.

Some Dreamcast stuff has value too - have both Shenmues - and Cannon Spike attracts high prices. I have both DC and PS2 versions of Rez which I guess probably go for a few bob too.

Holding the wrong end of the stick since 2009.
  • Most good condition CIB SNES games go for good money now, purely for the fact that they were in cardboard boxes and ones in decent condition are hard to come by nowadays. Even two a penny games like Zelda go for ridiculous money if they're mint. It's the condition that is rare and collectible, it seems, and not the game!
    I am a FREE. I am not MAN. A NUMBER.
  • davyK
    Show networks
    Xbox
    davyK13
    Steam
    dbkelly

Send message
    Feck - I have 70-odd SNES games CIB and most in very good to excellent condition. I may have underestimated my insurance...
  • wonderbanana
    Show networks
    Twitter
    NanasParadox
    Xbox
    Wonderbanana
    PSN
    Wonderbanana
    Steam
    Wonderbanana

Send message
    hylian_elf wrote:
    Shinrei Jusatsushi Taromaru

Nice. I remember selling my copy for a little shy of £210 a few years back.

What do you think of it? I never really got on with it tbh. I used to be a real collector a few years ago, had all sorts - Neo AES with some of the Slugs, Duo R etc etc.

Probably the rarest thing I ever owned was a complete Euro release of the NGP game Pocket Reversi. At the time they reckoned there were only 6-10 in existance. I ended up selling it to a guy who I'm 99% sure then ended up in the pages of Edge Retro as having a complete collection of NGP stuff. I remember thinking at the time that could of been me!
  • Why'd you sell your stuff? Space? Money? 

Shinrei was ok. Never completed it, but it was quite repetitive. If I recall, it was an arcade style slasher and didn't have saves or passwords, right? Only played it a few times. I didn't exactly buy it for playing though! Got it off a guy who was selling it with Radiant Silvergun and Silhouette Mirage for a decent enough price (£270 all together I think), all complete in new-like condition.
  • wonderbanana
    Show networks
    Twitter
    NanasParadox
    Xbox
    Wonderbanana
    PSN
    Wonderbanana
    Steam
    Wonderbanana

Send message
    hylian_elf wrote:
    Why'd you sell your stuff? Space? Money? 

A couple of reasons really, money being tight was a major factor but also I just got past the point of having all this stuff around that didn't do much more than sit on a shelf. I just made a decision to only keep stuff I play.

I had so much stuff at the time (largely funded by a unique source of games I had coming it at the time from my Dad) hence my eBay feedback of 5000 odd. I do have a couple of nice bits still but they are basically my Arcade boards with RSG and ZG2 being the most valuable but other than that everything I have is current. I think having so many re-releases of past classics this gen has helped too. The only thing I 'invest' in these days are probably the Cave region free releases.

• A recent move forced me to realise how utterly pointless collecting/hoarding is and how liberating it is to just dump it all.
    Ross Kemp Investigative Journalist
    Skullfuck yourself into a fine mist
  • Oh good, glad to see I'm not the only one with steel battalion line of contact (pal).

Postage from Germany to Australia was killer though.
    "Sometimes it's better to light a flamethrower than curse the darkness." ― Terry Pratchett
  • Hate the fact you can only get Konami Style stuff in/from Jap. Want the Revengeance one, will have to eBay it when it's out.
  • D4D10C2E-B018-4ADE-B2CF-0F4D8876280C-5287-000007C4B93BDF1B.jpg

My pride and joy, partly because I've never met anyone else that has one. It'd never be worth anything, given how manky it is after years of use, but I'd still never part from it.
  • You could, I dunno, clean it.
  • Christ sake. Its probably where AIDS originated from.
    equinox_code "I need girls cornered and on their own"
  • Do you store it in a coal mine when not using it?
  • Is your password "passssssssssssssssssssssssword"?
  • Have you attached it to the GC using liquorice?
  • regmcfly
    Show networks
    Twitter
    regmcfly
    Xbox
    regmcfly
    PSN
    regmcfly
    Steam
    martinhollis
    Wii
    something

Send message
    Is it... OH IT'S DIRTY
  • davyK
    Show networks
    Xbox
    davyK13
    Steam
    dbkelly

Send message
    Gonzo wrote:
    I have a copy of Raiden III. For some reason it was going for silly money when last I checked on ebay. Never played it.

That's the PAL version for PS2? Have heard its pretty rare - I picked it up for cheap some time ago and I had no idea it was worth much.

As a game it's a nice job - somewhat simplistic - more of an old school shmup (nothing wrong with that in my book) - what it does it does well. Has a double mode where you control 2 ships - one with each analogue stick and shoot/bomb using the shoulder buttons.

For shmup folk it is quite feature rich - supports record&playback of runs, and has a few expert playbacks to view. Also has a level select with its own score attack options, boss rush, tate, 60Hz - all the good stuff.High scores for each mode and difficulty level are stored separately - basically the way all shmups should be done.

• davyK
    Show networks
    Xbox
    davyK13
    Steam
    dbkelly

Send message

I'd say that the late Wii RPGs (Last Story, Pandora's Tower etc.) in their special edition clothes will be worth a few bob in the future.
  • How much can I get for a Jaguar?
  • regmcfly
    Show networks
    Twitter
    regmcfly
    Xbox
    regmcfly
    PSN
    regmcfly
    Steam
    martinhollis
    Wii
    something

Send message
    A knuckle shuffle round the back of Spar.
  • Blue Swirl
    Show networks
    Facebook
    Fuck Mugtome
    Twitter
    BlueSwirl
    Xbox
    Blue5wirl
    PSN
    BlueSwirl
    Steam
    BlueSwirl
    Wii
    3DS: 0602-6557-8477, Wii U: BlueSwirl

Send message
    Kazuo wrote:
    My pride and joy, partly because I've never met anyone else that has one. It'd never be worth anything, given how manky it is after years of use, but I'd still never part from it.

My brother owns one.

BOOM.
    For those with an open mind, wonders always await! - Kilton (monster enthusiast)
  • Skerret
    Show networks
    Facebook
    die
    Twitter
    @CustomCosy
    Xbox
    Skerret
    PSN
    Skerret
    Steam
    Skerret
    Wii
    get tae

Send message
    Lord_Griff wrote:
    How much can I get for a Jaguar?
    Question is, how much will you offer me to take it?

It's coming back to me.

Neo Geo AES all boxed n'that, only SS2 though.
    A copy of Elite for NES, a load of neat boxed SNES gems, NG Pocket virtually new, Shenmue 1 and 2 in good nick, other tat.  Some harder to find PS2 bits, ZOE2 and Klonoa among them.  I still play Gradius V.
    Skerret's posting is ok to trip balls to and read just to experience the ambience but don't expect any content.
    "I'm jealous of sucking major dick!"~ Kernowgaz
  • Blue Swirl wrote:
    Kazuo wrote:
    My brother owns one. BOOM.

I've never met your brother though!
  • wonderbanana
    Show networks
    Twitter
    NanasParadox
    Xbox
    Wonderbanana
    PSN
    Wonderbanana
    Steam
    Wonderbanana

Send message
    Skerret wrote:
    I still play Gradius V.

I bow down to your taste.
  • Skerret wrote:
    a load of neat boxed SNES gems.

Orly? What you got?? Lufia among them? Sons of the rarest PAL games were only released in limited quantities in Aus and Scandinavian countries. Don't know why.
  • Blue Swirl
    Show networks
    Facebook
    Fuck Mugtome
    Twitter
    BlueSwirl
    Xbox
    Blue5wirl
    PSN
    BlueSwirl
    Steam
    BlueSwirl
    Wii
    3DS: 0602-6557-8477, Wii U: BlueSwirl

Send message
    Kazuo wrote:
    Blue Swirl wrote:
    My brother owns one. BOOM.
    I've never met your brother though!

Good point, well made.

COUNTER BOOM.
    For those with an open mind, wonders always await! - Kilton (monster enthusiast)
  • Skerret
    Show networks
    Facebook
    die
    Twitter
    @CustomCosy
    Xbox
    Skerret
    PSN
    Skerret
    Steam
    Skerret
    Wii
    get tae

Send message
    hylian_elf wrote:
    Skerret wrote:
    a load of neat boxed SNES gems.
    Orly? What you got?? Lufia among them? Sons of the rarest PAL games were only released in limited quantities in Aus and Scandinavian countries. Don't know why.
    Sadly I missed Lufia but COULD HAVE HAD IT aaagh

I have mostly mainstream ones that are in good nick: a coupla Super Metroids, Super Castlevania, Yoshi's Island, Weaponlord... others are escaping me at the moment.
    Skerret's posting is ok to trip balls to and read just to experience the ambience but don't expect any content.
    "I'm jealous of sucking major dick!"~ Kernowgaz

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!