Transplant a Mechanic
  • Old games while new games are loading.
  • Moot_Geeza wrote:
    Old games while new games are loading.

New games while old games are loading. 

30 seconds of Ridge Racer 6 between Galaxian levels in Namco Museum.
    "Sometimes it's better to light a flamethrower than curse the darkness." ― Terry Pratchett
  • Escape
    Show networks
    Twitter
    Futurscapes
    Xbox
    Futurscape
    PSN
    Futurscape
    Steam
    Futurscape

Send message
    Yes, put the bad games first.
  • Games as a service. Endless FM updates for £20 a year. Across all devices - desktop, mobile, console.

Mechanic stolen from erm Office 365.
  • I had a dream last night that I was playing Bloodborne, except it wasn't Bloodborne but a first person horror game in a real world type setting. So, in this bit you had to walk through a building full of people, and those people were just standing around but the moment they became aware of you they would turn hostile and come at you (zombies, basically). There are too many to fight through, but you have this mask which you hold up in front of you, and when they see the mask they become frozen, but a couple of seconds after you turn away again they reactivate. So you have to push through this crowd of zombie folk in first person perspective, brandishing your mask, and as you go further in you become more surrounded, it's more difficult to keep all the zombies frozen, and it gets quite scary (because you can't see the ones behind you).

Then I woke up and realised it was the boo mechanic from Mario games (they stop when you look at them and chase you when you face away), transplanted to a proper horror game. And it seemed like good fun.
  • One on one fighter ditching energy bars and focusing on score attack within the 60/90 sec rounds. Put lots of defence moves in so players can score high with combos or defending a rush down.
    SFV - reddave360
  • davyK
    Show networks
    Xbox
    davyK13
    Steam
    dbkelly

Send message
    Fighters Destiny on N64 was on the ropey side but it had a scoring scheme not far off what you propose there.

You got points for throws and other moves. I think there was a knockout move and a ring out too. There was a grapple mechanic too that might have been based around button mashing but can't remember now.
    Holding the wrong end of the stick since 2009.
  • I liked the High score mode thing that was in Halo, a really simple thing but worked well to encourage multiple play throughs and playing in new ways.
  • If you're going to have a score system, you might as well have a use for it. I remember waaaay back when one friend was bragging about his sf2 high score and another lad pointed out that the single digit at the end of the score indicates how many continues he had used. Thought that was quite clever on capcoms part, meant only two zeros at the end of your score was legit

SFV - reddave360
  • regmcfly
    Show networks
    Twitter
    regmcfly
    Xbox
    regmcfly
    PSN
    regmcfly
    Steam
    martinhollis
    Wii
    something

Send message
    Katamari in everything. No I am just going to roll up this StarCraft 2 zerg rush
  • regmcfly wrote:
    Katamari in everything. No I am just going to roll up this StarCraft 2 zerg rush

Ultimate weapon when it comes to "who would win in a fight" arguments.

Royal rainbow!
    "Sometimes it's better to light a flamethrower than curse the darkness." ― Terry Pratchett
  • Keita Takahashi's twitffuck is pretty great, inevitably. He just discovered Skittles.
  • davyK
    Show networks
    Xbox
    davyK13
    Steam
    dbkelly

Send message
    I like the octopus bricklayer
    Holding the wrong end of the stick since 2009.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!