Minecraft for PC
  • I think the combustion engines are the fastest, but they need cooling with water, and if we manage to run them too long without cooling they explode, taking out anything within about a ten block radius.  I think electric engines are nearly as good, and we can run them with power made with a geothermal generator.  Those 3 volcanoes should last a while, and we can use the electricity to power our other machines to.

*BOOM*

I might buy a new PC to play this.  Is it more intensive than regular Minecraft?
  • GooberTheHat
    Show networks
    Twitter
    GooberTheHat
    Xbox
    GooberTheHat
    Steam
    GooberTheHat

Send message
    No more intensive as far as I can tell elm. I lag a little at times but I think that is because I'm rocking a 64x64 texture pack. I probably need to revert to a 32 one.
  • EvilRedEye
    Show networks
    Twitter
    adrianongaming
    Xbox
    EvilRedEye8
    PSN
    EvilRedEye8
    Steam
    EvilRedEye8

Send message
    I changed to a 128x128 texture pack and it was death.
    "ERE's like Mr. Muscle, he loves the things he hates"
  • My frame rate's down in this vs vanilla.  Not too bad most of the time though.

Built my first machine, a little glass factory in the desert, needs an auto sand-mining thing and maybe some auto-fuelling system.

Re Cooling system, apparently certain configs of water can provide infintite-ish cooling, think it's 3x3x1 water pool that does the trick.
    iosGameCentre:T3hDaddy;
    XBL: MistaTeaTime
  • Any chance we could fix the spawn so it doesn't trap you under ice if you die before you get to a bed?
  • GooberTheHat
    Show networks
    Twitter
    GooberTheHat
    Xbox
    GooberTheHat
    Steam
    GooberTheHat

Send message
    I had that prob voices, luckily for me someone came and set me free.
  • GooberTheHat
    Show networks
    Twitter
    GooberTheHat
    Xbox
    GooberTheHat
    Steam
    GooberTheHat

Send message
    The Daddy wrote:
    My frame rate's down in this vs vanilla.  Not too bad most of the time though. Built my first machine, a little glass factory in the desert, needs an auto sand-mining thing and maybe some auto-fuelling system. Re Cooling system, apparently certain configs of water can provide infintite-ish cooling, think it's 3x3x1 water pool that does the trick.

yeah, the waterpool works, but occasionally for what ever reason sometimes the water fails to arrive, and then BOOM.  Very good engines but it can be a risk.
  • beano wrote:
    Edit: Winning client and server loaded. Nice ones Elm. @Dante if you haven't yet. http://www.technicpack.net/download/  <- get version for your platform run the exe from where you downloaded it. select tekkit from the massive drop down. enter your user and pass > login download updates set options - video add server join win!

Every time I try to do this it brings up a window that says checking launcher version for a fraction of a second, before disappearing and doing nothing.
  • I apparently had to download the Linux one. On Windows 7.
  • This is now refusing to update. I hate this thing already.
  • Finally in. How do I turn off the wind sound effect and the stupid mini map?
  • Sorted the mini map.
  • beano
    Show networks
    Wii
    all the way home.

Send message
    There are a plethora of extra options now all to do with the mods. How did you turn the map off?
    "Better than a tech demo. But mostly a tech demo for now. Exactly what we expected, crashes less and less. No multiplayer."
    - BnB NMS review, PS4, PC
  • Press full stop and you open the mini map options. it's in there somewhere.

Dante, I sense you're maybe a little unhappy.
  • Only in that it was an unholy fucking mess to get working. It's on now, so all I want is to run Vanilla from within it. As far as I can tell bar some new sound effects I don't like (though honestly couldn't say if it's a Minecraft thing or a Tekkit thing as I wasn't on for the very last update) it's basically there.
  • Paul the sparky
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Paul the sparky
    PSN
    Neon_Sparks
    Steam
    Paul_the_sparky

Send message
    Has anyones shit been blown up yet?
  • The sounds are a tekkit thing and the only part I'd like to get rid of, haven't figured out how yet.
  • I shall investigate.
  • After a brief play last night I think I've pretty much got the sorting system working and the quarry feeding into it. In the top floor there is a bat box powered by four windmills wired up to a macerator and electric furnace, I want to automate the incoming ores to get converted to bars but haven't figured out how to do it without loads of overflow.

I'm away for a week now so if anybody wants to take a look please go ahead.
  • GooberTheHat
    Show networks
    Twitter
    GooberTheHat
    Xbox
    GooberTheHat
    Steam
    GooberTheHat

Send message
    I think the only way we can do it is either to have a separate macerator and furnace for each type of ore, or have a manual switching system which will activate only one ore at a time.
  • Right, separate set for each it is. Hopefully my brother in laws computer can run minecraft or I'm actually going to have to join in with this family holiday.
  • EvilRedEye
    Show networks
    Twitter
    adrianongaming
    Xbox
    EvilRedEye8
    PSN
    EvilRedEye8
    Steam
    EvilRedEye8

Send message
    Fuuuuck.

"ERE's like Mr. Muscle, he loves the things he hates"
  • GooberTheHat
    Show networks
    Twitter
    GooberTheHat
    Xbox
    GooberTheHat
    Steam
    GooberTheHat

Send message
    We have lava now, I have set up a pump at one of the volcanoes and piping it back to the factory, and I have set up some combustion engines at the quarry so it is running much faster.  I've got a pipe running into the energy condenser to so most of the crap we don't want is going into that automatically.
  • beano
    Show networks
    Wii
    all the way home.

Send message
    Dunno what's going on, as in what is causing it but there appears to be an inventory glitch with coal.

Basically I mine and it disappears. Thought I had thrown away coal accidentally when it happened the other night but I've just seen it eliminate 64 coal leaving me with 16. I mined another 5 and from 21 it went back to 16. 

Dunno what's causing it, can't reproduce it so it's certainly an elusive bug. I'll have a search later on to see if the same has been reported.
    "Better than a tech demo. But mostly a tech demo for now. Exactly what we expected, crashes less and less. No multiplayer."
  • GooberTheHat
    Show networks
    Twitter
    GooberTheHat
    Xbox
    GooberTheHat
    Steam
    GooberTheHat

Send message
    There is a bit of coal near the quarry, I will have a go at it later and see if it happens for me to.
  • If we were to switch the track back to the old recipe, does this break any of your new stuff?
  • beano
    Show networks
    Wii
    all the way home.

Send message
    I wouldn't have thought any of the mods would have another-mod like the railcraft-mod as a prerequisite?
  • GooberTheHat
    Show networks
    Twitter
    GooberTheHat
    Xbox
    GooberTheHat
    Steam
    GooberTheHat

Send message
    I doubt it DD, I don't think any of the unique railcraft items are used by anything else.  Gonzo might be upset he didn't get to play with a new train set though. :)
  • beano
    Show networks
    Wii
    all the way home.

Send message
    To be fair this has only come about because I was fixing devastation that'd happened outside my gaff where I presume a creeper went off.

edit: either way having to craft five or six different items from what was crafting two for rail is fucking dumb.
  • This suggests we can switch recipe without turning off railcraft, unless I'm reading it wrong
    If you'd prefer to use the Vanilla recipe scheme, just open the railcraft.cfg file and set the tag "tweaks.rails.useOldRecipes" to true.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!