PlayerUnknown's Battlegrounds - The bird is basted, browned and ready for carving.
  • That was about all I was good for tonight.
    Game 1 - immolate myself throwing a Molotov at a baddie.
    Game 2 - killed 2. Both ran over. Cheap.
    Game 3 - try taking wonder shots from miles away with a blunderbuss to give away our position and condemn us all to death
    Game 4 - The Flusher.

Good games team. Looking forward to the romance of hearing trains go past G’s window whilst wondering where on Earth I’m being shot from.
  • Nah mate, you made it to the KFC, which is more than those 96 other fools did.
    Come with g if you want to live...
  • Well done lads.

Me and Cosby, we er... Ran about nervously for a time then got shot from god knows where. Twice. Good times.
  • Paul the sparky
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Paul the sparky
    PSN
    Neon_Sparks
    Steam
    Paul_the_sparky

Send message
    g.man wrote:
    TEAM AWESOME. KICKCKING ASS AND TAKING NAMES!HH0gAKx.png

What a fucking match that was. Well in lads!

g.man

Why does it say 1/28 when it was a full game?
  • FranticPea
    Show networks
    Xbox
    FranticPea
    PSN
    FranticPea
    Steam
    FranticPea

Send message
    Oh dear. Dinner voided.
  • GooberTheHat
    Show networks
    Twitter
    GooberTheHat
    Xbox
    GooberTheHat
    Steam
    GooberTheHat

Send message
    28 teams?
  • Well done lads, sounds like a belter. What are you going to play now you’ve completed this?
    Gamertag: gremill
  • FranticPea
    Show networks
    Xbox
    FranticPea
    PSN
    FranticPea
    Steam
    FranticPea

Send message
    Nowt else out on Bone is there?
  • Good job guys. And well done to everyone who got their chicken dinners.
    Best I’ve done is a very tense 2nd place in a squad match with all 3 of my team down. I haven’t felt my pulse race like that since that night with the cocaine and Russian roulette
    Not everything is The Best or Shit. Theres many levels between that, lets just enjoy stuff.
  • My best so far is 4th solo. I’ve just gone pescatarian though, so I’m not fussed about a chicken dinner...**fumes with jealousy**
  • Paul the sparky
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Paul the sparky
    PSN
    Neon_Sparks
    Steam
    Paul_the_sparky

Send message
    Pissed contrarian.

I came across this while looking at the PUBG forums about aim assist, sensitivity etc.
    I initially set my aim acceleration to 0, which I assumed meant that it is disabled or at least reduced to the minimum amount. Something still didn’t seem right. It seems that the lower settings increase the time it takes to achieve full aiming speed.

To illustrate this, set your acceleration to 0, take aim and start spinning in a circle. You will slowly start to spin faster until you hit full aim speed. Now set it to 10 and repeat. Your speed will be constant, meaning acceleration is disabled.

It seems the wording for this setting may be - little misleading. Instead of changing the actually amount of aim acceleration, it’s changing the time it takes to go from initial aim speed to full aim speed.

Thought I’d share my observations so others can pay closer attention before they just ramp it to 0 and assume it is fully disabled. This seems to be the current consensus but I think people aren’t realizing that acceleration is still on because of the large delay at the beginning.

TLDR; Acceleration at 0: Aim Acceleration is on and it takes much longer to achieve full aiming speed. Acceleration at 10: Aim Acceleration is off completely, your aim is instantly at full speed.

Seems to ring true to me. I might try pumping AA to 10 and lower sensitivity until I'm comfortable as it still doesn't feel right to me at 0.
  • I tried that and whacked the sensitivity right down as it was mental when scoped, even on zero. I'll try again, check I've not missed summat.
    GT: WEBBIN5 - A life in formats: Sinclair ZX81>Amstrad CPC 6128>Amiga 500>Sega Megadrive>PC>PlayStation 2>Xbox>DS Lite>Xbox 360>Xbox One>Xbox One X>Xbox Series X>Oculus Quest 2
  • Paul the sparky
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Paul the sparky
    PSN
    Neon_Sparks
    Steam
    Paul_the_sparky

Send message
    I may just be shite at aiming and used to aim assist on everything.
  • I've tried AA pretty extensively on 10, 5 and 0 and I can safely say 0 is the best by some margin. On 10 you get a very jarring jolt when AA kicks in when scoped. It's far too distracting. That Reddit/forum post that blew up about it was mostly hot air. I don't think 10 means off.

You need your sensitivity way up though. At least 7 across the board.

I play on 8 and I've just about found my sweet spot. It makes checking and panning so much quicker, looting is quicker too, because you can turn around faster.

I urge anyone to try putting all settings on 8, your deadzone on 10, AA on 0, vehicle on 5.
  • For Sparkles...
    JqEBMaE.png

UeICWip.png

xU1WEZO.png

XZ2yxn6.png

iCTDBlC.png

BoC9Eup.png
  • Paul the sparky
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Paul the sparky
    PSN
    Neon_Sparks
    Steam
    Paul_the_sparky

Send message
    Heh, lovely.

You need to take one of that daft ponytail glitch for Webbo and Franny, that's the reason I knew he was still there when he went prone in the bush. Get rid of that lads, it's giving you away.

Did you see me wrestling with the targeting before that though, had him bang to rights but the aim acceleration threw my cross hair out by miles. It's a constant "too slow... Oh took quick I'm past him. Pull back... too slow... OH TOO QUICK IM PAST HIM AGAIN!" fucking nightmare. Definitely need to sort that shit out.
  • I do wonder if other players can see Frantics fabulous flying merkin.
  • Had a few games this avvo. 
    Fun but tense. I can imagine it being most fun in a team. Highest I've placed is 10th. 
    Got the hang of most of the controls but not managed to get a scope higher than a red dot so can you actually see the red dot when in 3pp or not ask I doing something wrong (yes I've equipped it to my gun).
    Live= sgt pantyfire    PSN= pantyfire
  • FranticPea
    Show networks
    Xbox
    FranticPea
    PSN
    FranticPea
    Steam
    FranticPea

Send message
    Tap left trigger brings up your sight, hold aims in 3rd person.
  • Ran myself over with a jeep earlier.
  • FranticPea wrote:
    Tap left trigger brings up your sight, hold aims in 3rd person.

Aye, one tap to bring up ADS and again to release.  Double tap left trigger and hold keeps ADS until you release trigger.  Hopefully they'll add the option for the traditional left trigger hold ADS like they have on PC.  There's plenty asking for it on the forum, don't think soft aim is as necessary for FPP.
    GT: WEBBIN5 - A life in formats: Sinclair ZX81>Amstrad CPC 6128>Amiga 500>Sega Megadrive>PC>PlayStation 2>Xbox>DS Lite>Xbox 360>Xbox One>Xbox One X>Xbox Series X>Oculus Quest 2
  • Gremill wrote:
    Ran myself over with a jeep earlier.

You are Brian Harvey and I claim my five pounds.
  • Webbins wrote:
    Gremill wrote:
    Ran myself over with a jeep earlier.

You are Brian Harvey and I claim my five pounds.
    That was my initial thought.

I nicked it from someone who was actually camping waiting for me and when he started opening up on me I panicked. I drove it off a cliff, tried to bail out and the jeep landed on me.

• Brilliant.
  • FranticPea
    Show networks
    Xbox
    FranticPea
    PSN
    FranticPea
    Steam
    FranticPea

Send message
    Another patch. Can't say they ain't on the ball.

https://forums.playbattlegrounds.com/topic/164767-xbox-game-preview-patch-notes-4/

PUBG wrote:
    Gameplay

Pistols have been removed from Y button's weapon rotation and grouped with the melee weapon.
    Players can now equip pistols by pressing 'up' on the D pad.

Optimization

Continued improvements related to player “rubber banding”.
    Enhanced server performance while parachuting.

Option

Added a new controller preset to options menu.
    Type B (new preset) now supports:
    Holding LT to aim down sight.
    Holding LB to use 3rd person perspective aim sight.
    Controller guide has been updated to include the new controller preset.

Bug fixes

Fixed an issue where players repositioned out of the battleground after certain actions and remained invulnerable until the end of the match.
    Additional memory and non-memory related crash fixes.
    Fixed the inability to join duo/squad through invites outside of game.

Known issues to be addressed next patch:

Dropping objects causes the player to switch weapons.
    User is unable to switch grenade types when tapping right on the D-Pad.

• Webbins wrote:
    OP updated.  I've gone back several pages and scraped names for the player list, let me know if you are missing and want adding (Shabby?).

Added Chicken Dinner Hall of Fame.  Again if I've missed you, let me know and I'll add.  For duos and squads, give the names of those in the squad.

Vere - you chicken dinnered right?  Solo, Duo?  Who with?

Hullo. Yes I'd like to be added to whatever it is. I haven't actually played it on Xbox yet but am keen for games.
    I'll get on tomorrow morning (Saturday night) if anyone is keen.
  • FranticPea
    Show networks
    Xbox
    FranticPea
    PSN
    FranticPea
    Steam
    FranticPea

Send message
    Hold to aim and taking pistols out of the weapon cycle? Yes please thank you.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!