PlayerUnknown's Battlegrounds - The bird is basted, browned and ready for carving.
  • Paul the sparky
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Paul the sparky
    PSN
    Neon_Sparks
    Steam
    Paul_the_sparky

Send message
    Just got killed because of the shitey menu/attachment crap. Crate drop in a decent area, a mini valley with cover everywhere. I want to swap out my scar for the groza but need to take the attachments off first, fair enough just hold the button down and off they come, but that lead to some bug where I can't then pick up the groza. Had to exit the menu then open the crate again which let me grab the groza, but too late as I got shot from somewhere, went to heal up and got shot again.

99 times out of a hundred I'd leave the death trap crates alone and use them as bait, but even a decent drop right next to me is something to avoid because of a broken UI. Fantastic work devs.
  • You need to prepare yourself before looting. I've been merked so many times trying to loot those supply drops. They are worth it though.
  • Paul the sparky
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Paul the sparky
    PSN
    Neon_Sparks
    Steam
    Paul_the_sparky

Send message
    Patch is live.

Did they fix my aim?
  • It's a patch, not the second coming of Christ.
    GT: WEBBIN5 - A life in formats: Sinclair ZX81>Amstrad CPC 6128>Amiga 500>Sega Megadrive>PC>PlayStation 2>Xbox>DS Lite>Xbox 360>Xbox One>Xbox One X>Xbox Series X>Oculus Quest 2
  • FranticPea
    Show networks
    Xbox
    FranticPea
    PSN
    FranticPea
    Steam
    FranticPea

Send message
    Gameplay

Introduced multiple pre-match starting locations in order to optimize both server and game client performance
    Weapons are removed from the starting island prior to the match starting
    Game DVR is now supported for automatic recording of gameplay highlights. This feature must be enabled within the Options / Settings menu.
    We continue to listen to your vehicle feedback and have lowered the damage taken from objects throughout the world such as rocks, trees, and uneven terrain
    Adjusted the sound effects of both water and red-zone bombing
    Party matchmaking is now influenced by the player’s MMR
    Adjusted long-range blood VFX back to the original colors
    UI/UX

Improved visibility of squad member colors (yellow, orange, blue and green)
    Players can use the right thumbstick to rotate their character model during customization
    When customizing character appearance, the D-Pad can be held to switch between menus
    Preview is supported when customizing appearance or creating a new character
    Items

Updated the design of the energy drink
    Bug Fixes

Fixed water sound effects
    Fixed Red Zone disappearing immediately after it starts
    Fixed random character teleportation following initial landing
    Fixed an issue where some doors could not be entered despite appearing open
    Fixed issue of recovery and boost items being able to be used when underwater
    Fixed the character animations when transitioning from jump-prone to standing
    Fixed unexpected character death caused by falling while moving
    Fixed areas of fencing where specific sides could not be penetrated by bullets
    Fixed buildings with missing stairs
    Fixed bug which caused objects to float in the air
    Fixed areas of terrain which were causing player characters to become stuck
    Fixed an issue which prevented team members being displayed following acceptance of an invite
    Fixed the issue of revive being cancelled unintentionally
    Fixed hand animations when reloading/shooting the Kar98 in a prone position
    Fixed the issue limiting peak parachuting speed in FPP mode
    Fixed character animations when moving from prone to entering a vehicle
    Optimization / Stability

Optimized textures, landscapes and buildings throughout the island to improve performance
    Fixed a crash occurring when HDR was enabled
    Fixed a frozen character issue when reconnecting following a crash
    Fixed a crash occurring when the player opened their inventory
    Fixed a crash occurring when the spectated player was using a scope
    Localization

Applied new Russian, Japanese and Chinese (simplified/traditional) fonts
    Japanese only: Adjusted the Katakana font
    Japanese only: Fixed incorrect order of wording during object interactions
    Portuguese only: Fixed the display of height meter when parachuting
    Known Issues

B button incorrectly displayed to cut parachute cable; this should be X
    When viewing the map, the X, Y, and B buttons are fully functional – please be aware that this can cause you to exit the plane or vehicle whilst in motion. Please only use the map button to return to gameplay until this is resolved.
  • Yeh read all that. Want to know if there is a visual difference. Need them FPS!
  • I assume they've calmed down the volume of the red zone bombing.  Which would be great if they hadn't already blown out my eardrums weeks ago.
    GT: WEBBIN5 - A life in formats: Sinclair ZX81>Amstrad CPC 6128>Amiga 500>Sega Megadrive>PC>PlayStation 2>Xbox>DS Lite>Xbox 360>Xbox One>Xbox One X>Xbox Series X>Oculus Quest 2
  • Paul the sparky
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Paul the sparky
    PSN
    Neon_Sparks
    Steam
    Paul_the_sparky

Send message
    First game after the update, five kill chicken dinner. I'm shaking like a shitting dog.
  • GooberTheHat
    Show networks
    Twitter
    GooberTheHat
    Xbox
    GooberTheHat
    Steam
    GooberTheHat

Send message
    Nice work. I bet that was stressful.
  • Paul the sparky
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Paul the sparky
    PSN
    Neon_Sparks
    Steam
    Paul_the_sparky

Send message
    Just took another clip Sonic, I think the fence has struck again, six shots (zero to the noggin though) from a mini and got nowt.
  • Paul the sparky
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Paul the sparky
    PSN
    Neon_Sparks
    Steam
    Paul_the_sparky

Send message
    It does seem far better after this patch though.
  • Thought they had fixed that. Patch has definitely improved things though. Shall be on the chicken dinner hunt tonight.
  • Yassssssssssssssssssssssssssssss finally got a chicken dinner lads in duo

http://xboxdvr.com/gamer/chazmano/video/45175051
  • Played a game of this today for the first time in ages. Still terrifying.

Got 11th with 3 kills. My first kill was hilarious - I landed in a town with another guy, couldn’t find any weapons except a pistol and a sickle. Emptied my pistol at him and missed all 15 shots, he almost killed me with his M16 so I legged it down to a wee hut, with him pinging me all the way. Using the hut as cover I tempted him down to me and despite his near constant suppression fire and grenades, I took no damage and hid in the hut. He decided to come for me for the kill, at which point I got up in his grill and chopped him to bits with my blade.

He must’ve been livid, he had decent kit too.
    Gamertag: gremill
  • Well done Chaz, you can rest easy now
  • Aye, well in mate!
    Come with g if you want to live...
  • Gremill wrote:
    Played a game of this today for the first time in ages. Still terrifying.

Got 11th with 3 kills. My first kill was hilarious - I landed in a town with another guy, couldn’t find any weapons except a pistol and a sickle. Emptied my pistol at him and missed all 15 shots, he almost killed me with his M16 so I legged it down to a wee hut, with him pinging me all the way. Using the hut as cover I tempted him down to me and despite his near constant suppression fire and grenades, I took no damage and hid in the hut. He decided to come for me for the kill, at which point I got up in his grill and chopped him to bits with my blade.

He must’ve been livid, he had decent kit too.

Sometimes a chopping is what’s needed
    Hawbawjaws was in trouble and called for back up I face shot the guy through a window and our other mate ran in and only had a sickle haha but least we knew he had his back
    http://xboxdvr.com/gamer/chazmano/video/44310508
  • Boolitt wrote:
    Well done Chaz, you can rest easy now
    g.man wrote:
    Aye, well in mate!

Cheers lads! I’ve finally made it to the champions club!
  • Violence, speed and momentum carried you through. Good work mate.
  • Violence, speed and momentum carried you through. Good work mate.
    Cheers man

Cannot put this game down I’ve had a week off and all I’ve done is play pubg and get a chicken dinner!!

Just love some of the kills and stand off you have
    http://xboxdvr.com/gamer/chazmano/video/45241530

Downed a guy from decent Distance but I didn’t have a scope on the sks it was a challenge http://xboxdvr.com/gamer/chazmano/video/45188637
  • Awesome little night with Chalice,Muerte and Haak. Best we got was 2nd but had some awesome games. To be honest our losses were almost exclusively our fault for not managing timing correctly so always on the back foot coming into areas or missing them entirely. Good fun and lots of kills though. This week we’ll get a team dinner to finish the collection.
  • FranticPea
    Show networks
    Xbox
    FranticPea
    PSN
    FranticPea
    Steam
    FranticPea

Send message
    So is it running any better after the patch?
  • Paul the sparky
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Paul the sparky
    PSN
    Neon_Sparks
    Steam
    Paul_the_sparky

Send message
    It is. Had a load of games this weekend and the gunplay felt good. Still had two crashes, and a wipe where my bike just freaked out and killed me, so it's not all sunshine, but by fuck is it compelling.

Had a dream about it last night.
  • Verecocha wrote:
    Awesome little night with Chalice,Muerte and Haak. Best we got was 2nd but had some awesome games. To be honest our losses were almost exclusively our fault for not managing timing correctly so always on the back foot coming into areas or missing them entirely. Good fun and lots of kills though. This week we’ll get a team dinner to finish the collection.

Memory is hazy...
  • Speedhaak
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Speedhaak
    PSN
    Speedhaak
    Steam
    Speedhaak
    Wii
    3841-0078-1712

Send message
    They were entirely our fault. Not paying attention is the number one killer in this game.
  • Speedhaak
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Speedhaak
    PSN
    Speedhaak
    Steam
    Speedhaak
    Wii
    3841-0078-1712

Send message
    It only took four months...

20180303_111419.jpg

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!