Spider-Man
  • jerry-done.gif?w=650&h=487
    Come with g if you want to live...
  • Statler-and-waldorf-caxton-street_740_486_s_c1.jpg

g. and Kow yesterday.. we don't like it but we're going to stay in the thread not reading comics complaining how it isn't what we wanted.
    The Forum Herald™
  • Kow
    Show networks
    Twitter
    Kowdown
    Xbox
    Kowdown
    PSN
    Kowdown
    Steam
    Kowdown

Send message
    Like you read the comic either.
  • Have any of you read a comic in the last decade?

Never read a comic - they're full of shit like "Mr Negative" and endless universe ending resets. Fuck that shit. I want all Spider-Man games based off the existing movies and the old cartoon.
  • Kow
    Show networks
    Twitter
    Kowdown
    Xbox
    Kowdown
    PSN
    Kowdown
    Steam
    Kowdown

Send message
    Don't forget the 70s tv show.
    Never read a comic - they're full of shit like "Mr Negative" and endless universe ending resets. Fuck that shit. I want all Spider-Man games based off the existing movies and the old cartoon.

You're thinking of DC.
  • Kow wrote:
    Like you read the comic either.

I don't.. but I'm not whinging about Spiderman being something that I vaguely remember not reading about.

To be fair I've never needed pictures in my books.. but it hasn't stopped me watching an Avengers Movie and enjoying it.
    The Forum Herald™
  • Kow
    Show networks
    Twitter
    Kowdown
    Xbox
    Kowdown
    PSN
    Kowdown
    Steam
    Kowdown

Send message
    Mostly I'm whinging about the game not looking very good, actually.

Ach, don't be that guy, there's been little shown and just because they've included stuff from the new comics doesn't mean old stuff will be ignored. The people who like the new stuff are allowed to be excited for games that acknowledge them too, the entire landscape of video games isn't built just to cater for a set ideal that stretches from the 80s to the 90s, despite what most of it suggests.

Plus there were three games, two about the TV show and one about the best Raimi film that were really pretty good.
  • Kow wrote:

Ah that's ok then.

Genuinely though, cos I'm interested, and not trying to be either arguementative or a cunt here.. but what's the attraction of regularly posting in the thread having expressed your opinion on the looks and spiderman? Help a brother out here.
    The Forum Herald™
  • Tempy wrote:
    Have any of you read a comic in the last decade?

Ach, don't be that guy, there's been little shown and just because they've included stuff from the new comics doesn't mean old stuff will be ignored. The people who like the new stuff are allowed to be excited for games that acknowledge them too, the entire landscape of video games isn't by built just to cater for a set ideal that stretches from the 80s to the 90s, despite what most of it suggests.

I would have thought the last sentence I wrote would have hinted at the sarcasm I tried to imbue my post with...

For what it's worth, it doesn't seem to me like Kow or g (or I) are complaining - simply saying the mobile phone Spidey vs Mr Negative doesn't appeal.

These convos seem to sum it up for me:

The first:
    Well, that's technically Superior Spider-Man, so yeah.

But the point is the Spider-Man you like hasn't existed for a very long time. There's more of the Spider-Man you don't like than the one you do. Spidey has always used gadgets - that's what the web shooters are after all. I doubt you're going to get anything these days based on 1960's Spidey. Even the films that had the origin stories still incorporated lots from the last few decades.
    Kow wrote:
    So what? It's just my opinion of what I like.

The second:
    monkey wrote:
    The person he's speaking to is a cop. And a vigilante. I don't know what to tell you Kow. Spider-man has a mobile phone now.
    Kow wrote:
    You don't have to tell me anything. I'm just not as impressed with it as every one else seems to be.

You'll notice that in neither of them is Kow denying that this is Spider-Man, nor that Spider-Man, as a character, is entitled to change.

He's simply saying that's not the Spider-Man he's interested in. I don't get the problem here.

Apparently saying you don't like this Spider-Man means you couldn't have read the comics because if you had read the comics you'd definitely like this Spider-Man...

Let Kow, g and I say that Spider-Man talking to Oracle Watanabe and beating down more recent comic characters doesn't appeal to us - it's early days and it's the dedicated thread where we share our opinions on...er, Spider-Man.
  • I just think expecting that silver age stuff nowadays is pretty pointles, I have no skin in the game
  • But it's the best age cause it's the one I know.
  • I also think that this game look... not great
  • Kow
    Show networks
    Twitter
    Kowdown
    Xbox
    Kowdown
    PSN
    Kowdown
    Steam
    Kowdown

Send message
    Bob wrote:
    Kow wrote:

Ah that's ok then.

Genuinely though, cos I'm interested, and not trying to be either arguementative or a cunt here.. but what's the attraction of regularly posting in the thread having expressed your opinion on the looks and spiderman? Help a brother out here.

It's a preview, we're allowed to have opinions. Or are we only allowed to be positive about 10 minute qte fests now?

• Apparently saying you don't like this Spider-Man means you couldn't have read the comics because if you had read the comics you'd definitely like this Spider-Man...

That's not what I'm saying. I'm saying that from what people have said in here, they apparently haven't read the comic in several decades. If they had, they would have known that this has been what Spider-Man has been like for er... several decades.
  • This isn't limited to here either. From hearing other people talk about Spider-Man, it seems that many people think of Spider-Man as the character from the first 5, or 10 years of the run. He's been going for 55 years now. There is a lot more to the character and world than Spider-Man is in high school fighting Doctor Octopus.
  • Still, all that bumpf makes it more like arkham.
  • FranticPea
    Show networks
    Xbox
    FranticPea
    PSN
    FranticPea
    Steam
    FranticPea

Send message
    For a 70 year old he sure still has the moves. Dr Octopus must be in a retirement home by now eh?
  • Kow
    Show networks
    Twitter
    Kowdown
    Xbox
    Kowdown
    PSN
    Kowdown
    Steam
    Kowdown

Send message
    I doubt anyone has read the doubtless six billion different iterations of Spiderman that have appeared over the years, so we fall back on the classic one.
  • The second:
    monkey wrote:
    The person he's speaking to is a cop. And a vigilante. I don't know what to tell you Kow. Spider-man has a mobile phone now.
    Kow wrote:
    You don't have to tell me anything. I'm just not as impressed with it as every one else seems to be.

You'll notice that in neither of them is Kow denying that this is Spider-Man, nor that Spider-Man, as a character, is entitled to change.

He's simply saying that's not the Spider-Man he's interested in. I don't get the problem here.

Apparently saying you don't like this Spider-Man means you couldn't have read the comics because if you had read the comics you'd definitely like this Spider-Man...

Let Kow, g and I say that Spider-Man talking to Oracle Watanabe and beating down more recent comic characters doesn't appeal to us - it's early days and it's the dedicated thread where we share our opinions on...er, Spider-Man.
    Hey don't drag me into this. People can post what ever thoughts they like. I'm not one of these hype nazis that only wants people jizzing about a game.

This is #NotMySpider-Man either. I don't expect a game in 2017 to be based around a few years when I was heavily into Spider-man back in the early 90s. Not that Kow does either. But some objections seem a bit weird. He's always used gadgets and inventions to fight baddies, so if that's not your spider-man then no spider-man is.

No ones under any obligation to like the look of the game. I'm not sure I do at this stage.
  • Kow should ring them and tell them they've got Spider-Man wrong.
  • Kow
    Show networks
    Twitter
    Kowdown
    Xbox
    Kowdown
    PSN
    Kowdown
    Steam
    Kowdown

Send message
    I'm not a huge Spiderman fan so I don't really care. A particular version of the character appeals to me, that's all. If the game is great, I'll happily play it, but it doesn't look great.
  • FranticPea wrote:
    For a 70 year old he sure still has the moves. Dr Octopus must be in a retirement home by now eh?

He was dying, and switched bodies with Peter, and took his ultimate revenge by becoming the Superior Spider-Man - a better Spider-man than Peter Parker ever was.
  • Kow
    Show networks
    Twitter
    Kowdown
    Xbox
    Kowdown
    PSN
    Kowdown
    Steam
    Kowdown

Send message
    You see, I don't know if you're joking or not.
  • g.man wrote:
    jerry-done.gif?w=650&h=487
    Come with g if you want to live...
  • I'm not joking here, but ultimately it didn't work out, and he sacrificed himself allowing Peter to come back when he realised that he couldn't save Anna Maria, his girlfriend, but Peter could.

It's this series. It sounded awful at first, but it actually ended up being pretty good.
  • bad_hair_day
    Show networks
    Twitter
    @_badhairday_
    Xbox
    Bad Hair Day
    PSN
    Bad-Hair-Day
    Steam
    badhairday247

Send message
    Didn't George Osborne cave Doc Octopussy's head in?
    retroking1981: Fuck this place I'm off to the pub.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!