EvilRedEye8
    PSN
    EvilRedEye8
    Steam
    EvilRedEye8

Send message
    Kernowgaz wrote:
    You can’t play from external can you?

Not from a traditional drive but you get get those new-fangled M2 things or whatever they are.
    "ERE's like Mr. Muscle, he loves the things he hates"
  • FranticPea
    Show networks
    Xbox
    FranticPea
    PSN
    FranticPea
    Steam
    FranticPea

Send message
    EvilRedEye wrote:
    Do you have external memory plugged in? If so, is Spider-Man installed to the external memory?

Nah. At least it's not happening during missions.
  • FranticPea
    Show networks
    Xbox
    FranticPea
    PSN
    FranticPea
    Steam
    FranticPea

Send message
    The fighting and stealthy bits are absolutely brilliant in this. I just just wish they'd cut the guff for the next game.

The next game, incidentally, should absolutely be
    Spoiler:
  • Prefer squirrels in the park to rats by bins but I’ll take whatever you’ve got.
  • regmcfly
    Show networks
    Twitter
    regmcfly
    Xbox
    regmcfly
    PSN
    regmcfly
    Steam
    martinhollis
    Wii
    something

Send message
    Got a few hours in tonight and I just wanna take photos for Robbie.

At 10% overall completion by just pootling aboot
  • Paul the sparky
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Paul the sparky
    PSN
    Neon_Sparks
    Steam
    Paul_the_sparky

Send message
    Prefer squirrels in the park to rats by bins but I’ll take whatever you’ve got.

A wild BHD any good for you?

C3dK2BC.jpeg
  • Spectacular start to this. I quite like the whole
    Spoiler:

approach to third person action games. Probably had something to do with my God of War III appreciation.
  • Prefer squirrels in the park to rats by bins but I’ll take whatever you’ve got.

A wild BHD any good for you?

C3dK2BC.jpeg

Didn't know this had a Starfield face mod.
  • Paul the sparky
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Paul the sparky
    PSN
    Neon_Sparks
    Steam
    Paul_the_sparky

Send message
    I'll mod your face in a minute
  • It's not my fault BHD looks a bit BSD.
  • TheBoyRoberts
    Show networks
    Xbox
    The Boy Roberts
    PSN
    TheBoyRoberts
    Steam
    TheBoyRoberts
    Wii
    BoyRoberts

Send message
    As suspected, Isaac is blasting through this at a frightening rate of knots and I'm bumbling round about 2 hours inn or so.

It's fantastic, but I do have a couple of niggles with it. 

First is the fact that I've been playing the New Game + versions of the original & Miles on and off since the PS5 came out.  There's a vast difference between the power/skills and such of the titular heroes at the start of the game as opposed to the end and I'm finding the combat and swinging a little tough.

Second is the visual settings.  The difference between fidelity and performance is massive and I can't stop flipping between the two.  Spent almost all of my hour on the game last night trying to figure out what I liked best.  In the end, I settled for performance with film grain and chromatic aberration both turned fully off.
  • FranticPea
    Show networks
    Xbox
    FranticPea
    PSN
    FranticPea
    Steam
    FranticPea

Send message
    regmcfly wrote:
    Got a few hours in tonight and I just wanna take photos for Robbie.

At 10% overall completion by just pootling aboot

I've taken all of the photos. Be aware, if the game isn't letting you take the photo just reload in and it'll work. Did it a few times on me and I was pissing about thinking I was too far/ wrong subject etc.

Same goes for when you complete a side quest. Don't bring up the map before you've recieved a phone call from the side quest giver. Several times I've had it not let you change to the other Spiderman until you restart the game until i realised what was causing it.

Sure they'll be patched but I'm on 65% completion (Mrs Pea and Elliot away so I've been hammering it) and I have had to restart the game about 12-15 times due to little niggles and crashes. The crashes seem to be quite common going by a quick Google.

Cracking stuff though, really enjoying it guff aside.
  • Is the map as bad as the previous Spiderman? I started up the first one and the map is full of icons once you climb the Assassin Creed high points, sorry I meant radio towers?

How much of the icon shit do you have to do ? What points do you get for doing landmarks and the like?
    Wii U Themagickman - PSN - Themagickman   Xboxlive - Themagickman
  • I haven’t seen any landmark stuff, or really looked at the map. I’ve tended to find that there’s a symbol that appears on the way to the next main mission and I’ve either chosen to ignore it, or explore. You can select your next activities from the mobile app (swipe left on the pad?), and that will point you right. If you do side stuff, it seems to be zonal and it’s giving you a borough/suburb rating and the tiers do different unlock I think.
  • Second is the visual settings.  The difference between fidelity and performance is massive and I can't stop flipping between the two.  Spent almost all of my hour on the game last night trying to figure out what I liked best.  In the end, I settled for performance with film grain and chromatic aberration both turned fully off.

Don't suppose you have a 120hz TV with VRR? Could always go for the 40 FPS mode which gives lovely performance and full shiny, with only a resolution hit (and only a minor one - resolution is still between 1440 and 4k with dynamic scaling).
  • This is stunning so far. Feels like a PS5 game, whereas most of the ones I've played have felt like PS4 games to me. I love Returnal but with a bit of TLC I reckon that could've appeared on the previous gen machines. The movement speed makes everything seem extra impressive here, all at 60fps too. Nice.
  • Paul the sparky
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Paul the sparky
    PSN
    Neon_Sparks
    Steam
    Paul_the_sparky

Send message
    GFMuQMJ.jpeg

Bad guys get farted on
  • TheBoyRoberts
    Show networks
    Xbox
    The Boy Roberts
    PSN
    TheBoyRoberts
    Steam
    TheBoyRoberts
    Wii
    BoyRoberts

Send message
    Second is the visual settings.  The difference between fidelity and performance is massive and I can't stop flipping between the two.  Spent almost all of my hour on the game last night trying to figure out what I liked best.  In the end, I settled for performance with film grain and chromatic aberration both turned fully off.

Don't suppose you have a 120hz TV with VRR? Could always go for the 40 FPS mode which gives lovely performance and full shiny, with only a resolution hit (and only a minor one - resolution is still between 1440 and 4k with dynamic scaling).

I do mate and although the image quality is noticeably better in fidelity mode, as soon as the image moves, the lose of the 60fps is just too much to lose.

I’m going to have one more trial run tonight before I’ve promised myself “no more twiddling”!!
  • regmcfly
    Show networks
    Twitter
    regmcfly
    Xbox
    regmcfly
    PSN
    regmcfly
    Steam
    martinhollis
    Wii
    something

Send message
    Sparky's pictures are going unrecognised and they're truly old room level shitposting
  • Finished today, 2 more trophies to platinum it.
    The wing from financial to asteria is gonna be tough I reckon.

Had 1 crash and 2 instances where an enemy got stuck in scenery but it was glorious throughout.

Woulda been a 9 outa 10 but that crash and the 2 enemy's stuck soured it a little so 8/10
  • GFMuQMJ.jpeg

Bad guys get farted on

Stunning work. Up there with Frantics Starfield stuff.
  • Paul the sparky
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Paul the sparky
    PSN
    Neon_Sparks
    Steam
    Paul_the_sparky

Send message
    Anyone can take a picture of a moon, man.

Rats, squirrels and farting on hoodlums? A level above
  • digi wrote:
    Finished today, 2 more trophies to platinum it.
    The wing from financial to asteria is gonna be tough I reckon.

Had 1 crash and 2 instances where an enemy got stuck in scenery but it was glorious throughout.

Woulda been a 9 outa 10 but that crash and the 2 enemy's stuck soured it a little so 8/10

A crash and a minor bug knocks it down to an 8?!? Tough crowd. Still haven’t even turned on my PS5 since I bought this.
  • EvilRedEye
    Show networks
    Twitter
    adrianongaming
    Xbox
    EvilRedEye8
    PSN
    EvilRedEye8
    Steam
    EvilRedEye8

Send message
    Me: It is somehow really important that I have both this and Mario on launch day.

Me the day after: Mario Mario Mario Mario Mario
    "ERE's like Mr. Muscle, he loves the things he hates"
  • Paul the sparky
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Paul the sparky
    PSN
    Neon_Sparks
    Steam
    Paul_the_sparky

Send message
    This is better. It's got that extra dimension

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!