SNES mini
  • kestla wrote:
    Does the SNES mini have HDMI support? And widescreen scaling? Too much to ask?

The nes one did have hdmi.
  • These guys flipping the minis on eBay are violating their policies regarding presales.

http://pages.ebay.co.uk/help/policies/pre-sale.html

Feel free to report the little scalpers.

They must be able to deliver 30 days after the sale of the item.
    Sometimes here. Sometimes Lurk. Occasionally writes a bad opinion then deletes it before posting..
  • I just got caught up in the hype and didn't even bother reading up about it. May have to visit a British Heart Foundation and pick up a CRT lol.
  • With md it's better to stick with custom emulation on something like a vita as you can play patched roms on your emulator of choice. Can make a gigantic difference especially with sf2. No more scratchy music and voices (due to a custom audio driver update) plus gfx are patchd to mimic the arcade more closely. Still interesting to see how people push old hw to breaking limits.

Steam: Ruffnekk
    Windows Live: mr of unlocking
    Fightcade2: mrofunlocking
  • I have a CRT in the garden shed in case I need it one day.
    I am a FREE. I am not MAN. A NUMBER.
  • Hdmi on the snes mini. Already got a weekend in Oct booked to meet up with some school friends. Beer and pizza and snes Mario Kart in HD. Relive some high school memories of too much snes and not doing homework.
  • It's upscaled to HD too?! Oh man, what a time to be alive.
  • davyK
    Show networks
    Xbox
    davyK13
    Steam
    dbkelly

Send message
    I'm guessing the games will look great but won't be any less pixelly than the originals - hopefully the mini pushes out a sensible video format to avoid the TV doing any scaling.
    Holding the wrong end of the stick since 2009.
  • Nina
    Show networks
    Twitter
    myHighnessOne
    Xbox
    SU SPRIET
    PSN
    myHighness
    Steam
    myHighness

Send message
    Unlikely wrote:
    I actually want the US one.  Ludicrously small chance of that, I'm guessing, but anyone know of a UK source?
    I could try and get you one. Extra postage costs though... No idea what that'll be to the UK. B send a sous vide machine to someone in Amsterdam and he got some crazy import costs.

I haven't seen anywhere that's selling them already, and knowing my luck with the Switch it might be a pain to get one.

Or you could try Amazon.com, I know that quite a few US people where ordering from EU Amazons, to get the EU version.
  • hunk wrote:
    Unlikely is right, purple snes was a godly machine.
    Pure purple goodness long before the gamecube came along.

Couldn't agree more, love the US model.

I prefer their box art to, lovely uniformed look. Only bettered by PSone and PS2 imo, so long as there's no platinum filth ruining the look.
    オレノナハ エラー ダ
  • hunk wrote:
    SSF2 is easily the best version and makes the previous releases redundant.

Correct, Thank You.
    オレノナハ エラー ダ
  • hylian_elf wrote:
    davyK wrote:
    Super Play's top 100. Showing its age a bit but nonetheless interesting. http://www.rvgfanatic.com/7464/1450199.html

Great list. For some reason I still have a favourite link to the page on my work PC. From many years ago I suspect.

That's excellent. That right there is going to be my Pi library
    Not everything is The Best or Shit. Theres many levels between that, lets just enjoy stuff.
  • Kernowgaz wrote:
    Kernowgaz wrote:
    Kernowgaz wrote:
    I've pre-orderd ( fuck knows but they're great games but it's too expensive ) but I'd rather money went towards the Xbox One X

Where'd you get one? Everywhere is sold out or won't let me check out.

You can have mine , if you want Mark but you'd have to collect it - unless I can change the address that is and get it delivered to yours

Wow Gaz, thank you. That is mighty tempting (unless you're thinking eBay prices - in which case I must remind you I'm a poor Cornishman)

No , whatever price Amazon charge mate. I fucking hate scalpers

Yes please. If the offer still stands?

Sorry to mess you around Gaz, Mrs Prime has a Very account and has ordered me one :)
    No worries mate, as Amazon have it for £69 now , I might keep it
    Wii U Themagickman - PSN - Themagickman   Xboxlive - Themagickman
  • regmcfly
    Show networks
    Twitter
    regmcfly
    Xbox
    regmcfly
    PSN
    regmcfly
    Steam
    martinhollis
    Wii
    something

Send message
    hunk wrote:
    Unlikely is right, purple snes was a godly machine.
    Pure purple goodness long before the gamecube came along.

Couldn't agree more, love the US model.

I prefer their box art to, lovely uniformed look. Only bettered by PSone and PS2 imo, so long as there's no platinum filth ruining the look.

For me, the SFC has the exact same thing going on, beautiful box with lots of round shapes, revealing a fun, curved console underneath with those same four colours dominating. Perfection.
  • SFC is perfect. Console, boxes, art, everything.
    I am a FREE. I am not MAN. A NUMBER.
  • Japanese sfc has the best box art and manuals by far. The japanese really love their packaging.
    Steam: Ruffnekk
    Windows Live: mr of unlocking
    Fightcade2: mrofunlocking
  • I still find it odd we went with the Japanese design instead of the US.

I remember the reaction in the magazines of the time, they were all expecting the US model. We followed suit with the NES so it really seemed like a forgone conclusion.

Everyone seemed happy with the decision, I was gutted.

The carts not having end labels really pissed me off, and the more rounded shape meant stacking them on a shelf became a wobbly mess.

Then they fucked it all up globally with the N64... carts that is, I love the console design.
    オレノナハ エラー ダ
  • US Snes design is an abomination, what the heck is wrong with you ppl!?
  • It's just me and hunk tbf, leave us be. You won, we lost.
    オレノナハ エラー ダ
  • I always think of those little round swizzles sweets, you know the ones, all shades of light purple.
  • It's just me and hunk tbf, leave us be. You won, we lost.
    No you aren't ashamed enough yet.
  • Yossarian
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Yossarian Drew
    Steam
    Yossarian_Drew

Send message
    nick_md wrote:
    I always think of those little round swizzles sweets, you know the ones, all shades of light purple.

parmaviolets.jpg
  • Dark Soldier
    Show networks
    Xbox
    DorkSirjur
    PSN
    DorkSirjur
    Steam
    darkjunglist84

Send message
    they were/are fuckin disgustin
  • Is it a US snes or some sweets? Who knows.
  • Yossarian
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Yossarian Drew
    Steam
    Yossarian_Drew

Send message
    Maybe this confusion is why Ninty made Switch carts taste rank.
  • they were/are fuckin disgustin
    I like them.
  • I like them too. The multi coloured sweets were nicer though (even though it was probably all the same...)
  • davyK
    Show networks
    Xbox
    davyK13
    Steam
    dbkelly

Send message
    The US model isn't as nice as the JP/PAL one but I still think it looks just fine. I like the colour scheme of it.
    Holding the wrong end of the stick since 2009.
  • hunk wrote:
    SSF2 is easily the best version and makes the previous releases redundant.
    Correct, Thank You.

Not sure I agree, and I think the Superplay comments nail it. SSF2 was ok but it was a good deal slower than hyper and for me it lacked the balance that Turbo has. And, as super play said, it was SSF2X / Turbo that was the version that should have come out on the SNES. In the same line of thinking, SF Alpha 2 is a great game but the SNES version is lacking so I'd take SNES SF2 Turbo over it.
    SFV - reddave360
  • This doesn't look to be using wiimote ports, unless they're on the back, so doesn't look like I'll be able to just get controllers for eshop titles on WiiU.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!