Hollow Knight - the first one, Tempy is forgiven
  • JonB wrote:
    I've caved in and bought it. Felt like I needed a break from DQXI as it's pretty massive. Surprised to see this is 10GB though. Guess I'll start tomorrow.
    No better way to spend £11
    Switch Friend Code: SW-5407-6034-9226

PSN: derekg
  • acemuzzy
    Show networks
    PSN
    Acemuzzy
    Steam
    Acemuzzy (aka murray200)
    Wii
    3DS - 4613-7291-1486

Send message
    Have fun.  You'd better enjoy it, none of this "too much control" nonsense
  • Now I've started it I've realised I should get DQ XI done first so I can focus on it fully. It wouldn't do to split attention between the two.

Seems a decent start though. Wondered about a bit. Got to a boss. Died. Went back and beat it. And that's about it so far. May as well start again when I go back.
  • That's fair. Doing hk in spurts would be tough. You can be real lost even playing it straight.
    I'm still great and you still love it.
  • Working my way through stuff which I’ll be vague about but I’m basically trying to get more essence. Getting better at boss fights, I’m usually full on gung-ho. Being more strategic is a must now against these dudes.
    iosGameCentre:T3hDaddy;
    XBL: MistaTeaTime
  • Spoiler:
    Cheap strategy, but I don't think it'll work anywhere else.

I'm progressing quite slowly and now I only have one dreamer left to find. I'm not sure how to get there, though.
    I win... in the most minor way possible.
  • I hated that stupid thing so much. Wish I did what you did!
  • b0r1s
    Show networks
    Xbox
    b0r1s
    PSN
    ib0r1s
    Steam
    ib0r1s

Send message
    So I caved and read the thread while trying to dodge spoilers. I’ve also realised now how little of the game I’ve unlocked with only 10ish hours in. I’ve mapped 5 regions and have visited probably another 3 or 4 but haven’t found the map seller yet in those areas. Game continues to really impress in every way. Even though I said I wasn’t that keen on the art style the city level with the rain really impressed and the more I play the more the visual language grows on me. This is definitely my GoTY and possibly Gen too.
  • Nice to read someone else is loving hk

• b0r1s
    Show networks
    Xbox
    b0r1s
    PSN
    ib0r1s
    Steam
    ib0r1s

Send message
    It really is great. Only issue is I’m back on the joy cons this weekend as at the missus and its a bit crappy compared to the Pro and on the big screen.

And fuck you crystal boss!
  • I played 95% of the game in handheld, you will get used to it quickly

• I actually found some bosses easier in handheld. Dunno if tv lag was anything to do with that though.
  • Not sure I’ve got the patience for the bit I’m on. Might be time to call it a day. Loved every minute until now, but I can’t be arsed with this.
  • Free digital copy on PC for anyone who wants it.....

Holler. Humble coming through!
    I'm still great and you still love it.
  • So I went back in to
    Spoiler:

because Strictly was on the TV so I was already suffering. Managed to get past the bit I was struggling on, finished that section. Then went to the next bit, which was kind of a long loop up and round back to where you started. Thing is, I missed the switch at the end of the section so had to do it twice. Was still less painful than Strictly.
  • Oi, Strictly is awesome. There is room in this world for that and HK to coexist :-)
  • Spoiler:
    Spoiler:
  • Spoilers
    I am a FREE. I am not MAN. A NUMBER.
  • He said strengthen, not speed up.
  • hylian_elf wrote:
    Spoilers
    Good point.
    And Moot is right, I don't think speed is the issue but the damage I'm doing. I'll give the second Colosseum challenge a try to see if I get anything good.
  • I’ll avoid this thread going forward I suppose until I’ve finished it.
    I am a FREE. I am not MAN. A NUMBER.
  • Spoiler:
    Spoiler:

To be honest, I don't remember entirely what changed between my first (not very successful) attempt at that first boss, and my second (remarkably straight forwards) one.  Broadly though...

Nail:
    Spoiler:
    Charms:
    Spoiler:
    Spells:
    Spoiler:
  • Spoiler:
  • Moot_Geeza wrote:
    Spoiler:

I didn't even get that until I'd finished.

Big spoilers for side stuff related to that particular charm...
    Spoiler:
    Spoiler:
  • Yeah I did the above. Final boss was a breeze.
  • acemuzzy
    Show networks
    PSN
    Acemuzzy
    Steam
    Acemuzzy (aka murray200)
    Wii
    3DS - 4613-7291-1486

Send message
    Just git gud, I did none of that nonsense, you lot obviously suck
  • I did the last boss on my second attempt, but the boss I tackled 5th or 6th probably took me fifteen attempts.  Best game.
  • This guy:
    Spoiler:
    Spoiler:
  • Silke
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Silke Neryn
    PSN
    Silke_Neryn
    Steam
    Silke Neryn

Send message
    Just so you all know - though I'm not sure if it's just me misunderstanding - HK isn't the "final" boss.

This guy is.
    It's a world of truck drivers.
  • Oddly enough I haven't seen the boss at the top of that page but I did defeat the boss halfway down.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!