Homer's Mario Odyssey
  • Sorry, sorry. RARGH YOU'RE FUCKING STUPID HOW DARE YOU HAVE THAT OPINION ITS TOTALLY WRONG COMPARED TO MINE DICKHEAD etc

As you were.

I think it would be a valid criticism if it was a fairer reflection of the game, but it’s not really that. (although, thinking about it still not super super hard but there is a fair chunk of game which is harder than all of the stuff before the credits)
  • Dark Soldier
    Show networks
    Xbox
    DorkSirjur
    PSN
    DorkSirjur
    Steam
    darkjunglist84

Send message
    Sorry, sorry. RARGH YOU'RE FUCKING STUPID HOW DARE YOU HAVE THAT OPINION ITS TOTALLY WRONG COMPARED TO MINE DICKHEAD etc As you were.
    I think it would be a valid criticism if it was a fairer reflection of the game, but it’s not really that. (although, thinking about it still not super super hard but there is a fair chunk of game which is harder than all of the stuff before the credits)

Aye I know there's way harder stuff after the credits, but if the game doesn't inspire you pre that, then its understandable to not want to continue when not feeling it. I see Vere's criticisms as legit, even if I don't agree with them. You shouldn't have to wade through 15-20 hours to get to the good stuff if it doesn't click.

Personally it sits as the second best game I've played this year, and probably within my top 20, maybe 10 of all time.
  • Sorry, sorry. RARGH YOU'RE FUCKING STUPID HOW DARE YOU HAVE THAT OPINION ITS TOTALLY WRONG COMPARED TO MINE DICKHEAD etc

As you were.

How is it not a fair reflection considering it’s a reflection of the game in MY experience not yours, or even of the quality of the game itself but my measurements of difficulty? How do you even begin to measure that? It appears that’s immatetial. M.O hasn’t provided a single difficult moment for me, not in finding of the purple coins, defeating enemies or bosses over and over (and over) again, nor finding and then acquiring moons. I am not willing to put more time in to find out if it begins to get any harder, especially after reading it doesn’t get much harder at all. In addition to that nobody even knows which moons I have and haven’t got so they can’t even begin to measure whether I’ve come across ‘difficult’ moons or not. Yet somehow your interpretation of the game is somewhat more credible?

Good game built for everybody to enjoy but not to prove difficult for me. It’s incredible how some people seem to think their reasoning as to why their experience of a game is right and my experience and opinions are wrong. Especially when I’m not knocking the quality of the game. So I don’t even understand what they’re defending/ arguing about? Is it the game which I’m not berating? The fact that they don’t think I’ve done enough to form an opinion though I may have done more than them? Or that they’ve found it difficult and I haven’t and that’s an issue for them? It’s imbecilic and ignorant.
  • I've not been following this but that sounds fair enough.
  • Strikethrough the final sentence, which goes over the ball a bit, and its as good a place as any to leave it too.
  • Coch is all about difficulty and challenge in his games which BotW had in spades so.... wait....

That was piss easy too. It's a Nintendo game. I still don't see where all this 'challenge' is coming from that you desire. M64 was piss easy up to a point. Oydessy is no different.
  • Is there any way to embed that pic in a post?
    iosGameCentre:T3hDaddy;
    XBL: MistaTeaTime
  • Just print it out and use glue or tape.
  • Oh yeah, thanks.
  • Dark Soldier
    Show networks
    Xbox
    DorkSirjur
    PSN
    DorkSirjur
    Steam
    darkjunglist84

Send message
    The Daddy wrote:
    tOEshCj.png

MAGIC MAN DS TOUCH MY ASS
  • Consider it touched.
  • There are people who can’t spell Odyssey???
    I am a FREE. I am not MAN. A NUMBER.
  • It's an odd world
  • I'm really struggling on
    Spoiler:
    360 - optimark prime PSN - optimark_prime twitter - @optimark_prime
  • I did that second go. Top tip:
    Spoiler:
  • Mark:
    Spoiler:
  • I would actually contradict that sorry Crayon...
    Spoiler:
  • Escape
    Show networks
    Twitter
    Futurscapes
    Xbox
    Futurscape
    PSN
    Futurscape
    Steam
    Futurscape

Send message
    Moot_Geeza wrote:
    I forgot I got as far as the old man by the fire in BotW in June

Wow, that's a Roujin-tier speedrun.

RARGH YOU'RE FUCKING STUPID HOW DARE YOU HAVE THAT OPINION ITS TOTALLY WRONG COMPARED TO MINE DICKHEAD

Didn't say anything.
  • Escape
    Show networks
    Twitter
    Futurscapes
    Xbox
    Futurscape
    PSN
    Futurscape
    Steam
    Futurscape

Send message
    I do have a few opinions on difficulty, none of them especially interesting. Lots of mans put 100+ hours into Street Fighter IV, henceforth called it Teh Greatest Fightman as their investments bore fruit, but then dissed Tekken 6 for its lack of depth. And when I piped up with the old you-haven't-given-it-the-same-shake line, they were all Tekken-mash-scrubs-lol.

If there's a worthwhile distinction between difficulty types, that's maybe it. I.e. mechanical mastery above nominal progression as the core of longer-term satisfaction. You can play a few levels of Devil May Cry 3 and — if you like that sort of thing — get more out of it than twice the playtime with God of War.

With a game like Odyssey, though, it's never going to turn into a hair-tearer because that's not its MO. So I imagine the majority of its fun hinges on the experience of minute-by-minute play, where simply enjoying its worlds is the appeal, and if you complete the main bit without really feeling those, I don't see how another bunch are liable to change that view.
  • I do love the way that normally what ever you can think of to do they’ve lined a reward up for.

Just had to check YouTube cos I didn’t think to throw my hat. Felt so stupid.
    The Forum Herald™
  • dynamiteReady
    Show networks
    Steam
    dynamiteready

Send message
    Bob wrote:
    I do love the way that normally what ever you can think of to do they’ve lined a reward up for.

Yes. It's mind boggling in that way, and one of the game's best features.
    "I didn't get it. BUUUUUUUUUUUT, you fucking do your thing." - Roujin
    Ninty Code: SW-7904-0771-0996
  • I do enjoy a bit of needling over an issue that’s cooled down.
  • Lock it! 

I do enjoy some one having a pop over some thing that’s clearly meant humorously.

Nice work 

#thisplace
    The Forum Herald™
  • There really is quite a large spoilery spoiler in that article.
  • monkey wrote:
    There really is quite a large spoilery spoiler in that article.

I think it’s a writer cheesed off they can’t fully express themselves because of clicks and they’ve had access for longer.
  • monkey wrote:
    There really is quite a large spoilery spoiler in that article.

Ironic, no?
    The Forum Herald™
  • Oh and some of the checkpoints are shonky.
    The Forum Herald™

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!