Xbox
    Bad Hair Day
    PSN
    Bad-Hair-Day
    Steam
    badhairday247

Send message
    Gremill wrote:
    I did say a bad word when the nurse had to move the needle around inside my wrist.

Yeah, am ok with injections but artery ‘hunts’ are extremely uncomfortable. Down to experience I was told by others who found my throbbing vein no problem.

retroking1981: Fuck this place I'm off to the pub.
  • Yay so im back in hospital awaiting another surgery on my left hip, another infected site. Fucks sake.

I’ve been admitted and its nil by mouth from 10pm.

In a fuck tonne of pain despite oral morphine. Expect suitably grim gory pics in a few days.....
    PSN - minkymu
  • How has your hip got infected? Have you had previous surgery there or something?
  • No not the actual hip, the skin in the hip area. Injection site for my insulin
    PSN - minkymu
  • Can you pin into your glute for insulin? Supposed to be a more forgiving area for, um... stuff.
    GT: WEBBIN5 - A life in formats: Sinclair ZX81>Amstrad CPC 6128>Amiga 500>Sega Megadrive>PC>PlayStation 2>Xbox>DS Lite>Xbox 360>Xbox One>Xbox One X>Xbox Series X>Oculus Quest 2
  • Glute?
    PSN - minkymu
  • The ass cheek.
    GT: WEBBIN5 - A life in formats: Sinclair ZX81>Amstrad CPC 6128>Amiga 500>Sega Megadrive>PC>PlayStation 2>Xbox>DS Lite>Xbox 360>Xbox One>Xbox One X>Xbox Series X>Oculus Quest 2
  • Yossarian
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Yossarian Drew
    Steam
    Yossarian_Drew

Send message
    Yer arse.
  • No u.
  • Oh yeah i do use yhat too. I rotate my ass.... matron
    PSN - minkymu
  • bad_hair_day
    Show networks
    Twitter
    @_badhairday_
    Xbox
    Bad Hair Day
    PSN
    Bad-Hair-Day
    Steam
    badhairday247

Send message
    I used to rotate left leg, left side, right leg, right side. Feeling for you Minky, sounds a bloody awful business.
    retroking1981: Fuck this place I'm off to the pub.
  • Gosh.  Hope you make a speedy recovery.
  • Thank you chaps
    PSN - minkymu
  • Yossarian
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Yossarian Drew
    Steam
    Yossarian_Drew

Send message
    Chaps would help with the glute injections.

Spoiler:
  • Just got back from 8 hours in A & E.  I rang up a drop in clinic about a tightness in the chest and pain in the arm and neck and they sent me straight to casualty.  Numerous tests, xrays etc later they ruled out a cardiac event and discharged me.  I've still got the symptoms though.  Their suggestion was to go to a drop in clinic and I don't think they understood the cyclical nature of this idea.  Off to my GP tomorrow to see what they can do.  At least I was in casualty to see the first drunk injuries arrive, highly entertaining.
  • Fucking hell. Hope you're OK mate.
    Come with g if you want to live...
  • Yeah likewise.
    Don't wank. Zinc in your sperms
  • Eventually got through to my gp.  I'm now riding the tramadol train for a week.  Let the bonkers dreams commence.
  • Hope you're on the mend then mate.
  • Hey ya'll. So my long covid nightmare.. 13 months later.. i think i'm fixed. I was mostly ok for a long time but breathing was randomly 'weird' like i couldnt breath in something was blocking it when actually there was seemingly nothing physically wrong (i could cycle 40 miles no bother.) Citalopram has made it not weird. I still get the odd throat issue possibly reflux but i'm hoping psychological and it will fade too.
  • Pseudoscot wrote:
    Eventually got through to my gp.  I'm now riding the tramadol train for a week.  Let the bonkers dreams commence.

Tramadol? Fucking hell. Hope you feel better chap

PSN - minkymu
  • Last some looooooong covid Djorn
    PSN - minkymu
  • Djornson wrote:
    Hey ya'll. So my long covid nightmare.. 13 months later.. i think i'm fixed. I was mostly ok for a long time but breathing was randomly 'weird' like i couldnt breath in something was blocking it when actually there was seemingly nothing physically wrong (i could cycle 40 miles no bother.) Citalopram has made it not weird. I still get the odd throat issue possibly reflux but i'm hoping psychological and it will fade too.
    That's good news Djorn. Hopefully you're on the path to a full recovery now. :)
  • Good news Djornson.
    "Like i said, context is missing."
    http://ssgg.uk
  • No where near as wide as last time but deep as fuck....

404-BE4-AA-75-E6-4-E83-91-DA-BC82-AF48-E763.jpg

Infection /redness spread right round to my back
    PSN - minkymu
  • davyK
    Show networks
    Xbox
    davyK13
    Steam
    dbkelly

Send message
    My right foot.

I have noticed a loss of feeling on the top of it. Sort of very slight pins and needles. First noticed it at night. It seems to be worse when lying down.  Toes are fine - wriggling and sensitive as normal. Just a small area on top.

Then I noticed last week when I was walking that my right foot was slapping down on the ground. Very odd.

I appear to have lost the ability to flex my right foot upwards - making my toes point at my shin. I can move left and right, But I get discomfort in my shin when I try and flex upwards.  A feeling of tension. I can drive OK since my heel is anchored - not that I am doing much of that. But walking is uncomfortable.

Have some movement restored in the morning but it gets worse over the day. 

Going to call the doc....
    Holding the wrong end of the stick since 2009.
  • krang.jpg

I was thinking Zoë Wannamaker's Cassandra in that Doctor Who episode The End of The World, but this works too.
  • davyK
    Show networks
    Xbox
    davyK13
    Steam
    dbkelly

Send message
    davyK wrote:
    My right foot. I have noticed a loss of feeling on the top of it. Sort of very slight pins and needles. First noticed it at night. It seems to be worse when lying down.  Toes are fine - wriggling and sensitive as normal. Just a small area on top. Then I noticed last week when I was walking that my right foot was slapping down on the ground. Very odd. I appear to have lost the ability to flex my right foot upwards - making my toes point at my shin. I can move left and right, But I get discomfort in my shin when I try and flex upwards.  A feeling of tension. I can drive OK since my heel is anchored - not that I am doing much of that. But walking is uncomfortable. Have some movement restored in the morning but it gets worse over the day.  Going to call the doc....

Doc got me to call in at the surgery.  Says it's a trapped nerve - there's one that runs down the leg and can get snagged around the knee joint. My symptoms are a good match for that. I need to avoid crossing my legs etc. I have a tendency to do that at my desk for work.  Should get better. I've to give it a couple of months.
    Holding the wrong end of the stick since 2009.
  • Prescription manspreading.
    Gamertag: gremill

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!