WORST GAME OF THE YEAR 2017 THATS RIGHT
  • Bollockoff
    Show networks
    PSN
    Bollockoff
    Steam
    Bollockoff

Send message
    I am also someone who thinks Parappa the Rapper is dogshit can I see the dog again please.
  • I tried to vote for it on page one or two, I want the dawg.
  • Worst game ever!
    オレノナハ エラー ダ
  • PaRappa is a special kind of awful. Is the timing off in the original, or is that something they fucked up in their piss-poor lazy remaster?
  • That’s not my vote, btw, Reginald.
  • Bollockoff
    Show networks
    PSN
    Bollockoff
    Steam
    Bollockoff

Send message
    It's also 10 minutes long. I'd be a raging infant bawww bag if i'd paid full price for that.
  • Bollockoff
    Show networks
    PSN
    Bollockoff
    Steam
    Bollockoff

Send message
    It's a shit alternate universe version of Gitaroo Man that dropped through the dimensions. Probably Hellraiser.
  • Or it came before all the other games of its type so it's more crude and basic.

It was always shit value for money TBH, and I never would've bought it, but I enjoyed playing it for a bit when it came out.
  • Kow
    Show networks
    Twitter
    Kowdown
    Xbox
    Kowdown
    PSN
    Kowdown
    Steam
    Kowdown

Send message
    1. Persona 5. Unintelligible and unplayable crap. Hours and hours of gibberish dialogue with brutally bad voice acting and nonsensical characters. In between that there's pointless wandering with no useful interaction with anything, maze type locations that just stop you going the wrong way and awful stand still in front of the enemy and take turns hitting each other combat. Maybe a W-GOAT.

Splatoon 2. Presents itself as an online multiplayer game, with friend team options and all, but then turns out to be just a single player game. No reasonable way to join friends or make teams and often leaves you sitting in a lobby unable to play. I thought they were things that could be patched but obviously Nintendo is determined that multiplayer shouldn't work as any gamer in this day and age might expect.

Destiny 2. Do the exact same 2 public events over and over over again to get a different colour gun. The ultimate in grindy bullshit, accompanied by some nonsense 'lore' that I couldn't give a Christmas fig about.

Horizon Zero Dawn. Another woeful story thing. Hours of rancid exposition at the beginning, all told in 21st century American English for some reason. Then it's awful stealth and open world bollocks. Shouldn't have expected more from the makers of Killzone fucking 2, I suppose.

• @Kow

Why did you even buy Persona 5? What made you think you’d like it?
  • Kow
    Show networks
    Twitter
    Kowdown
    Xbox
    Kowdown
    PSN
    Kowdown
    Steam
    Kowdown

Send message
    So many people saying how great it was. I enjoy an rpg as much as the next guy but p5 is drivel. Lesson learned.
  • Obviously not a JRPG with turn based combat.
  • Kow
    Show networks
    Twitter
    Kowdown
    Xbox
    Kowdown
    PSN
    Kowdown
    Steam
    Kowdown

Send message
    As I said, lesson learned.
  • The girls were cuter in the previous one, try that.
  • Kow wrote:
    Horizon Zero Dawn. Another woeful story thing. Hours of rancid exposition at the beginning, all told in 21st century American English for some reason. Then it's awful stealth and open world bollocks. Shouldn't have expected more from the makers of Killzone fucking 2, I suppose.
    The reason being because it makes sense within the world they've created. You didn't actually get very far, did you?
  • Persona 5 is definitely one of the best games of the year based on what I’ve played so far.
    I am a FREE. I am not MAN. A NUMBER.
  • Kow
    Show networks
    Twitter
    Kowdown
    Xbox
    Kowdown
    PSN
    Kowdown
    Steam
    Kowdown

Send message
    JonB wrote:
    Kow wrote:
    The reason being because it makes sense within the world they've created. You didn't actually get very far, did you?

Nope.
  • Kow
    Show networks
    Twitter
    Kowdown
    Xbox
    Kowdown
    PSN
    Kowdown
    Steam
    Kowdown

Send message
    It also made it seem that I had to kill the first tough enemy with traps and distractions etc when in the end it was just a case of bashing it with the spear until it died. That annoyed me too.
  • dynamiteReady
    Show networks
    Steam
    dynamiteready

Send message
    Kow wrote:
    Splatoon 2. Presents itself as an online multiplayer game, with friend team options and all, but then turns out to be just a single player game. No reasonable way to join friends or make teams and often leaves you sitting in a lobby unable to play. I thought they were things that could be patched but obviously Nintendo is determined that multiplayer shouldn't work as any gamer in this day and age might expect.

One of the reasons why I now enjoy Splatoon 2, is because casual multiplayer, over here at least, works consistently. I've not tried to organise or join a private lobby yet though.

That game was originally on a razor wire for me, but it's completely safe now. It's great fun.
    "I didn't get it. BUUUUUUUUUUUT, you fucking do your thing." - Roujin
    Ninty Code: SW-7904-0771-0996
  • I finished it and gave it a [6]. I don't want to put it in here because it's not a bad game (unless I already have and just forgot, in which case ignore this), but I didn't really enjoy it.  It definitely doesn't reward a rushed playthrough.

Edit: Horizon.
  • Kow wrote:
    Nope.
    That's a shame. It definitely doesn't do itself many favours at the start with its bland story, and looking like just another open world game, but it's really full of great ideas once it gets going. The combat and exploration are excellent.

Edit: You definitely won't be just bashing things with spears later on - using the different traps, arrow types etc is essential against the bigger robobeasts.
  • Did you have to play 20 hours of shite to unlock the good bit? Seems to be in fashion nowadays.
    I am a FREE. I am not MAN. A NUMBER.
  • hylian_elf wrote:
    Did you have to play 20 hours of shite to unlock the good bit? Seems to be in fashion nowadays.
    It's not that bad. The first 4-5 hours are pretty average. Once you're off exploring on your own it gets good quickly.
  • Kow
    Show networks
    Twitter
    Kowdown
    Xbox
    Kowdown
    PSN
    Kowdown
    Steam
    Kowdown

Send message
    JonB wrote:
    Kow wrote:
    Nope.
    That's a shame. It definitely doesn't do itself many favours at the start with its bland story, and looking like just another open world game, but it's really full of great ideas once it gets going. The combat and exploration are excellent.

Edit: You definitely won't be just bashing things with spears later on - using the different traps, arrow types etc is essential against the bigger robobeasts.

To be fair, I will be playing more of it, but the first few hours are not good at all.
  • Destiny 2: It's all been said. A great game with enormous potential destroyed by greed and a needless pandering to children.

Xenoblade Chronicles 2: Ergh. Just awful.

Horizon Zero Dawn: Many of the same issues that Kow had but the main one was playing it after Zelda and seeing how restricted and stilted every thing was.

Splatoon 2: Just didn't like it. The aesthetic was trash. Every match felt the same, you never really felt like you were winning or losing. The whole 'throw paint everywhere' mechanic was much less fun than it sounds.

Mario vs Rabbids: Again, just not my cuppa. Not keen on strategy games where taking damage is mandatory. Turn based stuff is a no go for me these days.

• wonderbanana
    Show networks
    Twitter
    NanasParadox
    Xbox
    Wonderbanana
    PSN
    Wonderbanana
    Steam
    Wonderbanana

Send message
    My vote goes to Destiny 2.
  • Star Wars Battlefront 2
    The shit EA pulled with this is well covered.
    What I played of the game was mostly mediocre with little to no gameplay improvements on the previous title to offset the garbage loot crates.

The one good part is Starfighter Assault but as an additional gamemode it is limited and still choked by loot crates.

A game that left such a sour taste and such an obvious forerunner to what is to come it ended up being the final straw that saw me pack away my Xbox One.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!