PSN
    MotoSeventy
    Steam
    [kia]_permian
    Wii
    Moto70

Send message
    Bob wrote:
    GameStop UK is listing a Grand Theft Auto 5 release date of Friday March 1, 2013.
    I mentioned that a few posts up. Not just GameStop UK, there are quite a few retailers listing 1st March '13.

This is one of the few times I really want Plornt to be right!
  • Sorry matey.. I did have a look. Should've... etc.
    The Forum Herald™
  • Anyone know if any retailers have got a release date for this yet?
  • Never mind about that, when the hell is this supposed to be coming out?
  • Yossarian wrote:
    Moto70 wrote:
    4. New combat mechanics.
    This is my number one.

That's my only one really. 4 was a beast to actually control on foot.

I want a crazy sandbox of destruction, recharging health, vehicles to be largely the same but the combat to be on a par with...what's the current benchmark for 3rd person shooters?
    Gamgertag: JRPC
    PSN: Lastability95
  • Yossarian
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Yossarian Drew
    Steam
    Yossarian_Drew

Send message
    Forget the current benchmark, if they could even get it up to the last-gen benchmark (I'm thinking something like the first Hitman) I'd be happy. Frankly, the combat at the moment feels like a hangover from the N64 era when there was only one analogue stick available so lock-on systems were put in to make aiming possible. They are so outdated now it's not funny.
  • Moto70
    Show networks
    Twitter
    @jsm147
    Xbox
    Moto 70
    PSN
    MotoSeventy
    Steam
    [kia]_permian
    Wii
    Moto70

Send message
    JRPC wrote:
    Yossarian wrote:
    Moto70 wrote:
    4. New combat mechanics.
    This is my number one.
    That's my only one really. 4 was a beast to actually control on foot. I want a crazy sandbox of destruction, recharging health, vehicles to be largely the same but the combat to be on a par with...what's the current benchmark for 3rd person shooters?
    Luckily Max Payne 3 did quite a good job of it so I'm hoping this will be the worse case scenario. What I'd like to see is Max Payne's animation with Sleeping Dogs grappling.
  • Moto70 wrote:
    JRPC wrote:
    Yossarian wrote:
    Moto70 wrote:
    4. New combat mechanics.
    This is my number one.
    That's my only one really. 4 was a beast to actually control on foot. I want a crazy sandbox of destruction, recharging health, vehicles to be largely the same but the combat to be on a par with...what's the current benchmark for 3rd person shooters?
    Luckily Max Payne 3 did quite a good job of it so I'm hoping this will be the worse case scenario. What I'd like to see is Max Payne's animation with Sleeping Dogs grappling.

Didn't play it, but hopefully is a good sign. 

Also, from the demo at least, sleeping dogs grapling was a bad rip off of the Arkham games.
    Gamgertag: JRPC
    PSN: Lastability95
  • It was a rip off but it was a good one.
    The Forum Herald™
  • Moto70
    Show networks
    Twitter
    @jsm147
    Xbox
    Moto 70
    PSN
    MotoSeventy
    Steam
    [kia]_permian
    Wii
    Moto70

Send message
    I am a massive fan of Batman and Sleeping Dogs is as good if not better because you don't need to know millions of combos to disarm and so on.

This is why I stopped playing Arkham City because I was ambushed by around 8 enemies and about 6 of them needed specific combos to disarm.
  • Also Sleeping Dogs offered a better upgrade path so you kind of learned what the combos did and used them effectively.. rather than button bashing.
    The Forum Herald™
  • Moto70
    Show networks
    Twitter
    @jsm147
    Xbox
    Moto 70
    PSN
    MotoSeventy
    Steam
    [kia]_permian
    Wii
    Moto70

Send message
    I hope to god GTA V has Batman/Sleeping Dogs fighting after this, I'm getting hyped for something that there as been no mention of!!!
  • I like the idea that Rockstar have learnt not to spill the beans before they are 100% sure they can make the date. 

I like the idea that they'll announce a release date for November.

I like Plornt
    equinox_code "I need girls cornered and on their own"
  • Moto70
    Show networks
    Twitter
    @jsm147
    Xbox
    Moto 70
    PSN
    MotoSeventy
    Steam
    [kia]_permian
    Wii
    Moto70

Send message
    At this moment in time so do I, so do I.
  • So... a tiny bit more info. Official release window is "Spring 2013".

Anyhoo.. Trailer 2 is to be released very very soon. Like "we're gonna fuck up Assassins Creed 3 release" soon. ;-)
  • That's not soon.

Is it? Where are we now?
  • Moto70
    Show networks
    Twitter
    @jsm147
    Xbox
    Moto 70
    PSN
    MotoSeventy
    Steam
    [kia]_permian
    Wii
    Moto70

Send message
    I don't like Plornt anymore.

Assassins Creed 3 is end of Nov isn't it?
  • @KRS
    On your forum.

It's fairly soon (trailer), if it is a spring release it sits behind Bioshock.
  • Plornt wrote:
    I haven't got a date yet, they're teasing us too. Will tell as soon as I know! But it does look like 2012 soon at least!
    Plornt wrote:
    So... a tiny bit more info. Official release window is "Spring 2013"

You are dead to me Plornt
  • Yossarian
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Yossarian Drew
    Steam
    Yossarian_Drew

Send message
    Plornt.
  • Plornt's comedy in games thread made some good points though.
    I'm a Sasquatch man and I'm watching you.
  • isanbard
    Show networks
    Twitter
    Hiplo
    Xbox
    isanbard
    PSN
    DAQster
    Steam
    Isanbard
    Wii
    3DS 0361-6861-4525

Send message
    Still don't understand why this hasn't been bumped to next gen launch. They must have had dev specs to work to for at least a year or so now. 

GTA needs more tech grunt to do what it wants to do surely?
    GT: isanbard PSN: DAQster DS-FC: 0361-6861-4525 AC: Bumdirt
  • isanbard wrote:
    Still don't understand why this hasn't been bumped to next gen launch. They must have had dev specs to work to for at least a year or so now.  GTA needs more tech grunt to do what it wants to do surely?

Current gen install base: (approx) 100m consoles
    Next gen install base: 0.
  • Take Two are usually on the brink of financial disaster I think, they can't wait. It'll also take a few years for there to be enough next gen consoles sold for a GTA to shift acceptable numbers.
  • Show networks
    Twitter
    @daviedigi
    PSN
    daviedigi
    Steam
    daviedigi
    Wii
    poo

Send message
    Its a certain 10 anyway at edge. Hahaha
    psn/steam:daviedigi

raziel once wrote..."davie's to nice for this forum"!
  • Rockstar told us they are working on gta 5 as if it is going to be this gen's crown jewel. that has to count for something. i am excited. even if it is a 2013 release.
  • What do you do/Where do you work Plornt?
  • Plornt wrote:
    Rockstar told us they are working on gta 5 as if it is going to be this gen's crown jewel. that has to count for something. i am excited. even if it is a 2013 release.
    They're hardly likely to say they're working on GTAV and it's going to be utter pish though, are they?

just sayin'

g.man
    Come with g if you want to live...
  • g.man wrote:
    Plornt wrote:
    Rockstar told us they are working on gta 5 as if it is going to be this gen's crown jewel. that has to count for something. i am excited. even if it is a 2013 release.
    They're hardly likely to say they're working on GTAV and it's going to be utter pish though, are they? just sayin' g.man

"We're working on GTAV <shrugs> S'alright I guess..."

Then again, didn't an exec at Square recently admit that they couldn't remake FF VII because none of the following games matched up to it.
  • It was something like - if we remake FFVII then it would be like we're saying none of the following games matched up to it, that we haven't improved in the time since so we're not doing it.
    I'm falling apart to songs about hips and hearts...

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!