Xbox
    Bad Hair Day
    PSN
    Bad-Hair-Day
    Steam
    badhairday247

Send message
    Find the pear.
    retroking1981: Fuck this place I'm off to the pub.
  • Well I don't have to worry about not having the earphone jack anymore cos Vodafone have fucked me over - fuming!!!!!!

Got the phone call telling me that my phone will be ready for collection tomorrow. I again asked about the work scheme that allows me 15% off my monthly bill, he tells me that the iPhone xs isn't eligible.

I tell him I'll cancel the order as I'm spending enough as it is , so I ask for my money back. He says I've got to go in person and collect the phone and then give it straight back or I'll lose the £49 that I had to pay upfront for it. What a fucking joke !.

The funny thing is that I asked the salesman about the work scheme to get 15% off about 4 times and not once did he tell me no, he even filled out the form for me online, did I once say I'm fucking fuming ?

Cunts
    Wii U Themagickman - PSN - Themagickman   Xboxlive - Themagickman
  • Got mine today - went for a Grey XS Max 256GB.

Initial impressions:

- screen is stunning as you’d expect.
    - FaceID works amazingly well (I had a 7 plus before this so I skipped the X)
    - Feels identical to a Plus in terms of size in your hand but it’s just a smidge heavier and thicker.
    - haven’t done much with the camera but it seems amazing so far.
  • Nice.

I'm heading to apple store tomorrow to check them out
    I'm falling apart to songs about hips and hearts...
  • the phone is heaaaaaaaavy.
  • Yossarian
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Yossarian Drew
    Steam
    Yossarian_Drew

Send message
    I understand that lighter things are actually good for a variety of reasons, but my instinctive reaction to any light piece of tech is that it’s poor quality.
  • Yossarian wrote:
    I understand that lighter things are actually good for a variety of reasons, but my instinctive reaction to any light piece of tech is that it’s poor quality.

c2K0BI1.jpg
    SFV - reddave360
  • That's why they stick weights in headphones.
  • iOS 12 seems to have fucked my battery. Thanks apple.
  • Was gonna grab an Apple Watch 4 series but a guy at work sold me his series 3 Nike+ edition, GPS & Cellular for...£200...numpty.
  • b0r1s
    Show networks
    Xbox
    b0r1s
    PSN
    ib0r1s
    Steam
    ib0r1s

Send message
    monkey wrote:
    iOS 12 seems to have fucked my battery. Thanks apple.

Well that was the choice I believe. People moaning that Apple were crippling older devices was actually them throttling CPU when batteries were getting worse over time. iOS 12 addresses that but obviously that’s then going to impact battery performance.

Caveat all that with assuming you have an older model. If you have an iPhone 7+ then it shouldn’t be causing issues. My 8 is fine since the update.

Out of interest have any of the SE owners upgraded? Reading around it’s supposed to make those phones feel as good as new.

• It’s a 6S. The battery hasn’t been brilliant for a while so I’ll probably end up getting a new one (battery that is). I don’t know what the solution is. I don’t really bother upgrading the OS because of stuff like this. For some reason,I did this time. Probably because I read all this stuff about performance improvements for old phones. I must have missed all the information they put out about likely battery impact from the software update it was nagging me to install. It would be nice if system updates didn’t fuck my phones performance or fuck it’s battery life but actually improved the thing.

Anyway it is lasting ok despite that. I’m in hurry to upgrade and an extra £80 for a new battery to keep it going for a bit longer isn’t the end of the world.
  • Yossarian
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Yossarian Drew
    Steam
    Yossarian_Drew

Send message
    This was where to find the option to switch between battery life and performance in iOS11, it should have been updated for iOS12, or at least give you some idea of what you’re looking for.
    Yossarian wrote:
    It might be the battery that’s causing the slowdown, depending on which version of OSX you’re on, you might be able to switch this off. See here:

https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT208387

• I've got an SE - my battery life is terrible, so can't hurt giving the update a try...
  • Yossarian wrote:
    This was where to find the option to switch between battery life and performance in iOS11, it should have been updated for iOS12, or at least give you some idea of what you’re looking for.
    Yossarian wrote:
    It might be the battery that’s causing the slowdown, depending on which version of OSX you’re on, you might be able to switch this off. See here:

https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT208387
    Will take a look cheers.
  • I find face unlock borderline magical but slightly concerned because first thing in the morning it fails to recognise my face.
  • You need to put on the humans skin first.
  • Or of interest, those with screwed batteries - how many years have you been using the phones?
    Because afaik the batteries seriously start to die after one year
    Live= sgt pantyfire    PSN= pantyfire
  • pantyfire wrote:
    Because afaik the batteries seriously start to die after one year

I’m coming up on four years of owning and using my iPhone 6. I’ve twice thought my battery was seriously fucked. Once, it transpired that an unsendable email was stuck in the outbox, and the constant attempt to send it was draining the battery. More recently, I found I was being humped by location services. I realised that, while some of those things are cool, you don’t miss them.

So, my battery isn’t doing too badly. I do quite often stick it in low power mode, and it often needs a wee top up later in the day, but it’s certainly nowhere near the point that I feel it’s a problem that I need to do much more about.
  • Yossarian
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Yossarian Drew
    Steam
    Yossarian_Drew

Send message
    My battery’s far from screwed, but it does seem to be draining more quickly since the upgrade. My phone’s less than 6 months old.
  • Its always worth checking battery usage too see uf any app is the problem too.
  • Yossarian
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Yossarian Drew
    Steam
    Yossarian_Drew

Send message
    Be circumspect, mind. We get occasional emails from people telling us our app is causing a battery drain, but then we find out that they use it for an hour or more each day so of course it’s going to use a decent chunk of their charge.
  • Yossarian wrote:
    My battery’s far from screwed, but it does seem to be draining more quickly since the upgrade. My phone’s less than 6 months old.

What’s the health like? Mine is at 88% of its initial capacity.
  • pantyfire wrote:
    Or of interest, those with screwed batteries - how many years have you been using the phones? Because afaik the batteries seriously start to die after one year
    I got a 6s pretty soon after release which wikipedia tells me was Sep 2015. It has not been good for a year or more but I haven't needed it to be much better and it charges quickly. The fall off has been crazy though. Ten minutes of scanning twitter and this place and it can lose 20-30%. It can be in the red by lunchtime by barely touching it. If you charge it back up from near empty, it can shoot back up to 50-60% in 10 minutes then loses it all again if you try and use it. 

It's just fucked. The OS update pushed it over the edge somehow. Whatever it is isn't showing up in the battery usage stats on the phone. But as you point out, it's lasted well beyond average. I'm scheduled for a replacement next week so it's all good.
  • Yossarian
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Yossarian Drew
    Steam
    Yossarian_Drew

Send message
    Andy wrote:
    Yossarian wrote:

What’s the health like? Mine is at 88% of its initial capacity.

Still at 100.
  • Ok so you lot are getting at least two years of decent use before seeing issues?
    That's pretty good.
    Live= sgt pantyfire    PSN= pantyfire
  • I kept my 5C going for four years and it still held charge for a full day of reasonable use – but only just.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!