Catherine / Katherine Returns
  • Hmmmmmmmm
    I am a FREE. I am not MAN. A NUMBER.
  • Hmm???
    I am a FREE. I am not MAN. A NUMBER.
  • I wonder why they changed the texting mechanic? Partial body edition.
  • I wonder why they changed the texting mechanic? Partial body edition.

I suspect it was just ease of use. It’s clearer and easier to understand, sure, but I think it hurts in terms depth and theme. A shame.
  • I can’t remember properly but were there multiple versions of the “good” reply? So every time you chose the reply it would give you slightly different text? I wonder if they didn’t also want to put loads of subtly different texts for the new character.
  • I can’t remember properly but were there multiple versions of the “good” reply? So every time you chose the reply it would give you slightly different text? I wonder if they didn’t also want to put loads of subtly different texts for the new character.

I’m not sure - I’d need to go back and check. I think it was just 3 rotating phrases, but I could be wrong.

In other news, some of the remix stages are fucking brutal. Getting towards the back third and even as someone who used to be able to blitz through hard in less than 3 and a half hours (speedruns are at 1hr 18, the fuck?) I’m finding remix seriously challenging.

For those well versed on Catherine, remix isn’t just single blocks anymore - you still have your ice, bombs, traps etc. - but it also introduces Tetris blocks with set shapes up to 3 blocks tall. It really forces you to think 3-4 layers ahead because of the different heights and angles. Fucking hard.

For new players, I’d honestly recommend Classic mode on easy or normal.
  • First play though done.

Not gonna pass judgement until I see a couple of different ways it could have played out.

Full Body seems to take about 13-15 hours for a first play though, though if it keeps the same system as the first you can blast through successive runs.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!