Destiny 2 - Developed by Bungie
  • Great to read that people are having loads of fun with this and enjoying the story too.
  • Olimite wrote:
    First mission is great but I think it loses a fair bit the fact that Cayde isn't voiced by Fillion. North just can't come close.

The new menu system is an OCD nerdsplosion. That said, I'm also not sure about the rather expensive infusion system, unless (it may be in-game already and I haven't discovered it) you can start buying planetary supplies again.

Cayde isnt right, and it will grate a lot for some.

In regards to infusion, things that used to reward tokens will now reward planetary mats, so thay arent as difficult to get as before. Masterwork cores is what raised my eyebrow, ive not seen an easy way to get them yet.

The bow is cracking good fun, really enjoying it.
  • Masterwork cores is what raised my eyebrow, ive not seen an easy way to get them yet. The bow is cracking good fun, really enjoying it.

The bow is very satisfying to use (if not a little easy). I'm also hoping the price of masterwork cores is a bug, because 1280 shards is asking a little much for one core (regardless of how many you buy) maybe the stacks get reset with the store rotation..?
  • isanbard
    Show networks
    Twitter
    Hiplo
    Xbox
    isanbard
    PSN
    DAQster
    Steam
    Isanbard
    Wii
    3DS 0361-6861-4525

Send message
    I'm pretty sure Spider was selling cores for not that much? It didn't raise an eyebrow anyway when I scooted over it. 10 shards or something?
    GT: isanbard PSN: DAQster DS-FC: 0361-6861-4525 AC: Bumdirt
  • isanbard wrote:
    I'm pretty sure Spider was selling cores for not that much? It didn't raise an eyebrow anyway when I scooted over it. 10 shards or something?

I did buy mine from spider!
    Spoiler:
  • Need to wait till reset and check how much they drop by, if they reset back to 10 just buy 1 or 2 a day. I did see something in the clan rewards for getting masterwork cores so that may be another way of getting them. Don't know if dismantling master worked gear still gives cores.

Also infusing items of the same name only cost glimmer so that's cheaper but obviously your stuck waiting on RNG.

The power level soft cap is 500 so you shouldn't really be infusing until then anyway.
  • Is there a way to view the lore in game now?
    Can-of-sprite
  • In the triumphs page there is a lore section which has all the new lore. You can also look in your collections for any armour, weapons, etc and view the lore on those items.
  • Cheers Rave, now what should I do with all the bloody glimmer I have?
    Can-of-sprite
  • You'll need it for infusing, you can also buy things from Spider.
  • Is it worth jumping back into this. My hunter is low 300s.
  • Lord_Griff wrote:
    Is it worth jumping back into this. My hunter is low 300s.

Was thinking similarly. Got up to whatever the level was at the end of the first dlc. I think.
  • Ha.

I'm leveling up quick so it will likely be the same for you both.
    Can-of-sprite
  • That’s revenge had, and what an awesome ride. Not had a single exotic drop so they’ve gone back to a very low drop rate. And the grind has now become super real around power level 500. Just want more and more!
  • Bollockoff
    Show networks
    PSN
    Bollockoff
    Steam
    Bollockoff

Send message
    Is there Raid LFG
  • Sort of.

In game there is Guided Games.

On b.net there is actual lfg.
  • Oh this is really quite good, happy with just about everything they have done.

Although I like the fact exotics don't drop as regular as before. Please Bungie don't give me another sweet business. (they did obviously.)
    Can-of-sprite
  • Found a glitch with the Blind Well if anyone is interested?
    Spoiler:
  • Zinthos wrote:
    Found a glitch with the Blind Well if anyone is interested?
    Spoiler:

Haha, yeah I saw that, there’s a hot fix tomorrow that I expect is to fix it. Though not been there with enough people to really get anywhere.
  • So is the new content worth £35 or whatever?
  • TIL:
    Spoiler:
  • Lord_Griff wrote:
    So is the new content worth £35 or whatever?

Absolutely!

Easily the best state D2 has been in at any point.

Loving every single bit of it.
    Gamgertag: JRPC
    PSN: Lastability95
  • Thought they were taking the piss as had never paid for any of the other new additional content, thankfully.
  • The changes to this feel really nice. I've started again and as desperate as I am to get to the new Forsaken content, I'm taking my time playing through the release campaign to understand from the off the changes, without trying to make sense of my existing weapons/armour etc.

This feels like what D2 should have been from the off. Don't get me wrong, on release I *loved* D2 and banged through the campaign but the 'end game' and the systems around it devolved into not fun.

The (re)introduction of bounties, the weapons changes and so on seem like they will be awesome and I look forward to spending time with this again.
    I'm falling apart to songs about hips and hearts...
  • Having to manually pick up bounties is infuriating.
  • I’m vaguely tempted to go back to it but the asking price is steep and I just know that it’ll last me a few weeks then bottom out again. It’s real feast or famine stuff.
  • Speedhaak
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Speedhaak
    PSN
    Speedhaak
    Steam
    Speedhaak
    Wii
    3841-0078-1712

Send message
    MattyJ wrote:
    The changes to this feel really nice. I've started again and as desperate as I am to get to the new Forsaken content, I'm taking my time playing through the release campaign to understand from the off the changes, without trying to make sense of my existing weapons/armour etc. This feels like what D2 should have been from the off. Don't get me wrong, on release I *loved* D2 and banged through the campaign but the 'end game' and the systems around it devolved into not fun. The (re)introduction of bounties, the weapons changes and so on seem like they will be awesome and I look forward to spending time with this again.

The huge lesson here is there was never any need for a sequel to Destiny. It's just Activisons pure greed. Destiny should have been a platform from the off, with expansions fleshing out the world over time. I've not played Forsaken yet, but from what I have heard it is for all intents and purposes a reset to Destiny: TTK - from a game mechanics perspective.

Glad ye're all enjoying it :)

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!